Rock Werchter 2020

7 hours ago, johnybegood said:

It's pathetic how festileaks webmasters have attacked Ken just because most of theirs users were paying more attention to Efesfivals forum than festileaks one.

A pathetic way to proceed from a pathetic site.

Thank you for these months Ken and for all the info you shared with us.

And for all the festileaks owners, a big F.U.

This comment really pisses me off, because it couldn’t be farther from the truth. Festileaks’ team truly values every bit of info that their forum users pick up from Ken here. But they also respect when forum users question if the info is correct, no matter their own opinion. 

So if you have no clue what goes on at Festileaks and what their owners’ and webmasters’ activities and motivations are, it might be better not to pass judgement. 

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

This comment really pisses me off, because it couldn’t be farther from the truth. Festileaks’ team truly values every bit of info that their forum users pick up from Ken here. But they also respect when forum users question if the info is correct, no matter their own opinion. 

So if you have no clue what goes on at Festileaks and what their owners’ and webmasters’ activities and motivations are, it might be better not to pass judgement. 

Festileaks owners would play as dirty as they can for protecting the number of visits ot their site, and the money they get from advertisers. This time you’ve gone even further. Always the same history with you, guys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SarahEmpre said:

Festileaks owners would play as dirty as they can for protecting the number of visits ot their site, and the money they get from advertisers. This time you’ve gone even further. Always the same history with you, guys. 

What are you even talking about? If you have proof that Festileaks owners have attacked Ken, please give it. If Ken has ever received some criticism, it was always from normal forum users like you and me. Festileaks has nothing to do with this, stop spreading false information. 

23 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I don't know what's going on, but thank you Ken for your info.

There's another forum, a dutch forum where Dutch and Belgian festivals get discussed. Over there ken's comments get Crossposted some times and some users there questioned if ken was actually legit, consensus seemed to be that he had some scoops, like a journalist that gets some info right before an announcement but other that that was just speculating.  Ken was apparently also reading that forum and didn't like this. then some users here started accusing the moderators there of invmciting this, which to me is just conspiracy.  Some criticisms were harsh but they were not mean and not even on the forum where ken posts, tldr: some overblown drama

Edited by xydroh

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

So who's the friday headliners then?

Finally back on topic.

I think there might be some truth in the comments that RW is sharing a headliner with Coachella or Glastonbury, which explains the wait to some extent. Glastonbury will announce their next headliner on Jan 15th, so maybe RW will announce around that time as well. Maybe that points to a big-ish name. 

Based on previous discussions though, I think it will some mix of Tame Impala, the Strokes and something more mainstream like Post Malone or Ellie Goulding. RHCP has also been mentioned, but that might be SOAD's co-head instead. Small chance for GnR as well I guess.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Because some people thinks i need a lot of attention. Fine by me. 

Enjoy the speculation, RW will be great, Graspop too. I thought it would be fun to share some insights and participate in the speculation.

I liked to read everything on festileaks, and I stil want to do that. But not with the comments that i am an attention guy.

With some luck Jazebel, hetiswaar, set and other will share the better info with you.

Godspeed Ken, you're right ;)

4 hours ago, thetime said:

So who's the friday headliners then?

My bets are on names who still have to come forward with European festival dates, i.e. The Strokes, Tame Impala or The Weeknd.

Possibly holding back on RHCP or KOL as an backup if other things don't work out. If they were plan A, they would've been announced by now.

Curious as to why we didn't get Volbeat yet. They seemed like a certainty for months, especially after all Graspop headline slots have been filled in. 

9 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

My bets are on names who still have to come forward with European festival dates, i.e. The Strokes, Tame Impala or The Weeknd.

Possibly holding back on RHCP or KOL as an backup if other things don't work out. If they were plan A, they would've been announced by now.

Curious as to why we didn't get Volbeat yet. They seemed like a certainty for months, especially after all Graspop headline slots have been filled in. 

It does make you think it's either a band that hasn't announced as you say or something has gone wrong 

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

I don’t know how much more we have to discuss until a few other festivals start dropping names.  I had expected Fridays headliner to be announced but looking at the empty slots on several other European festivals we are not alone. Either we are awaiting a big name, all of us, or something went wrong and each festival is looking to fill the gap? 

I’m wishing for The Strokes or RATM. I’m expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL. Then we are missing Foals, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, etc. 

I’m actually more excited for the undercard, that’s the best part of RW for me, seeing new bands! 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

I don’t know how much more we have to discuss until a few other festivals start dropping names.  I had expected Fridays headliner to be announced but looking at the empty slots on several other European festivals we are not alone. Either we are awaiting a big name, all of us, or something went wrong and each festival is looking to fill the gap? 

I’m wishing for The Strokes or RATM. I’m expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL. Then we are missing Foals, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, etc.

Completely with you there! Don’t expect RATM to come over, so I’m still very much holding out for the Tame Impala / The Strokes combo on that Friday. I was expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL as well, but wouldn’t they have been announced by now? Can’t think of a reason for a delay there. 

On top of Foals, Wolf Alice and Cage, also still have hope for Vampire Weekend, Chemical Brothers, FKA Twigs, Michael Kiwanuka, Anderson .Paak and Angel Olsen. Has the potential of becoming one of the best and most varied lineups in a long time. 

Edited by visdave34

On 12/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, SarahEmpre said:

I think I am well capable of reacting to this. I have been working with Festileaks for three years but have stopped for some years now. Festileaks only has very few people working there that even get money most people are volunteers that just love festivals. Its not big business, its still mainly a (prossefional) hobby. Advertising revenues are not that big. 

So maybe a kind suggestion to stop being so ignorant ?

• Upvote 1

Based on previous years announcement scheme I'd wait till January 10th.

G n'R are THE most logical Friday headliner since they're NOT Benelux exclusive at Pinkpop. So the announce wait should be for Dutch fest to sell tickets.

Sunday is a wild guess. IF G n' R are indeed coming I can't see Foo Fighters closing the festival. 3 "long-set" bands for 4 days would be too much. I'm speculating about Sunday cause I don't believe SOAD (with all due respect) are the "fireworks" band. So we're still missing one big name.

To sum up: I think so far the line-up is REALLY good, if FNM clash with Kendrick and Pixies DON'T clash with Pearl Jam it'll be great timetable. Based on what @Ken19 said before the exodus we should probably expect Foals &  Kiwanuka. Adding Sum 41 & MCR would be icing on my cake.

Edited by heti
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, heti said:

if FNM clash with Kendrick.

That would the hell.

Kendrick and Faith No More two biggest must-sees (together woth Thom) out of the announced names thus far. Missing one would be heartbreaking. But can't see it happening though. Main will probably close with FNM - TOP - KL. And even if FNM closes the Barn (which I highly doubt), then Kendrick will play afterwards. Barn heads very rarely clash with the last main stage headliner.