Rock Werchter 2020

6 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Rumours that GNR will announce some shows tomorrow (of which one could be Pinkpop). Could they be an option for RW?

I really hope they won't be at RW though ...  

Don't think they fit too well. RW already has a Graspop headliner (and another older rock headliner), so adding another one would really piss off Graspop goers, after GMM seemed to fail in finding big headliners for their anniversary. 

40 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal the company that organizes NOS Alive and brings many bands to Portugal put a video saying that there will be big announcement tomorrow at 12h 

Graspop this week got the FNM will the RW tomorrow put GNR? If GNR goes to Graspop it's two good names in a week!

It has to be GnR I think, I don't think Live Nation who organizes most concert tours or AEG Presents will announce 2 big names on the same day.

4 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

It has to be GnR I think, I don't think Live Nation who organizes most concert tours or AEG Presents will announce 2 big names on the same day.

I am still hoping for something else even though a lot of evidence seems to be pointing at them... Perhaps the Strokes finally getting it together and being announced for this, Nos Alive and Open'er ? 

6 minutes ago, polnico said:

I am still hoping for something else even though a lot of evidence seems to be pointing at them... Perhaps the Strokes finally getting it together and being announced for this, Nos Alive and Open'er ? 

Strokes played Open'er this year. 

8 minutes ago, polnico said:

The Strokes played at Open'er last year, so I really doubt they come back that soon

Word is now (according to an Austrian newspaper) that GnR will release a new album in 2020 as well. I guess that would make it a bit 'better' booking for Werchter. If it was the same tour for the 3rd time in 4 years in Europe it wouldn't be that great, if they're touring their first release in 12 years and first one with Slash and Duff in 27 years it makes a bit more sense

Guns N’ Roses Europe tour 2020

May

20 Lisbon Passeio Maritimo De Algés, Portugal
23 Seville Estadio Benito Villamarin, Spain
26 Munich Olympiastadion, Germany

June

02 Hamburg Volksparkstadion, Germany
06 Solvesborg Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
09 Vienna Ernst Happel Stadium, Austria
12 Firenze Firenze Rocks Festival, Italy
14 Berne Stade de Suisse. Switzerland
17 Warsaw PGE Narodowy, Poland
19 Prague Letnany Airport, Czech Republic
21 Landgraaf Pinkpop Festival, Holland
27 Dublin Marlay Park Concert Series, Ireland

Shows cover a vast timeframe of dates. Easy for them to do Werchter on the 3rd July. Gotta be UK dates missing from there too.

Edited by Padjeq

Just now, Padjeq said:

Guns N’ Roses Europe tour 2020

May

20 Lisbon Passeio Maritimo De Algés, Portugal
23 Seville Estadio Benito Villamarin, Spain
26 Munich Olympiastadion, Germany

June

02 Hamburg Volksparkstadion, Germany
06 Solvesborg Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
09 Vienna Ernst Happel Stadium, Austria
12 Firenze Firenze Rocks Festival, Italy
14 Berne Stade de Suisse. Switzerland
17 Warsaw PGE Narodowy, Poland
19 Prague Letnany Airport, Czech Republic
21 Landgraaf Pinkpop Festival, Holland
27 Dublin Marlay Park Concert Series, Ireland

Shows cover a vast timeframe of dates. Easy for them to do Werchter on the 3rd July

Why would they announce all those dates(including festivals) and not announce Werchter?

• Upvote 1