Rock Werchter 2020

23 minutes ago, kilero said:

Heard something about Gwen Stefani... 
She plays in Swiss on the 11/07. What do you think ? 

Although I actually had very fun and drunk time at P!nk this year, there was so much backlash on the Thursday I don't think Rock Werchter would repeat the same mistakes again; plus I'm sure that day sold really badly, perhaps @Ken19 could confirm

I could only see her doing a Barn Headline against SOAD or Pearl Jam for example but I doubt she'd accept that. Just those three names on one lineup doesn't seem right. Also, is she even a big name outside the US? Kylie played mid day Barn last year if I'm not mistaken, deffo didn't headline it, and I swear that she is a bigger name than Stefani right? I will happily be told I'm wrong over that mind you, I think Kylie has mad popular in the UK with big hits in the past so I might be more biased but can't remember the last time I heard Gwen Stefani on the radio bar Great Escape. 

Edited by RUMINE

Yes I'm starting to get very positive on Tame Impala. If they are doing festivals and that seems very likely, Rock Werchter is the kind of festival that definetly has them. Kendrick and Tame as headliners would be like the best possible scenario for me, sick and tired of the same big rock bands headlining over and over again and these two are the ones that were so brilliant when I saw them at Glastonbury and Lowlands they will ace it. 

Edited by Verminkt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Although I actually had very fun and drunk time at P!nk this year, there was so much backlash on the Thursday I don't think Rock Werchter would repeat the same mistakes again; plus I'm sure that day sold really badly, perhaps @Ken19 could confirm

I could only see her doing a Barn Headline against SOAD or Pearl Jam for example but I doubt she'd accept that. Just those three names on one lineup doesn't seem right. Also, is she even a big name outside the US? Kylie played mid day Barn last year if I'm not mistaken, deffo didn't headline it, and I swear that she is a bigger name than Stefani right? I will happily be told I'm wrong over that mind you, I think Kylie has mad popular in the UK with big hits in the past so I might be more biased but can't remember the last time I heard Gwen Stefani on the radio bar Great Escape. 

Kylie headlined the barn. 

38 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Of course Pink wasn't the headliner a lot of the hardcore RW fans wanted, but wasn't the backlash just as much (or maybe even more) about cutting the day in half?

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

No more new names normally in 2020. We'll have to wait till january. 

Can it be that Friday will remain totally empty until January??

Actually do you think there is any chance that we can avoid Kings of Leon? It might just be me, but I think they're giving the same predictable show every time and they've been there 3 times the previous 9 years. I don't see how they won't be there.

Also, with Pearl Jam in the lineup, would Foo Fighters be realistic? If they were to be announced the same day with SOAD the day will sellout quite quickly.

8 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

One more name will be dropped this week if all goes according to latest plan.

Please be Strokes. Please be Strokes. Please be Strokes.

Looks like we have 2 big rock headliners, one hip hop headliner and one new-ish pop headliner. Maybe the last one is more indie. Still dreaming of a Tame Impala - Strokes construction.

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Lol look at all the insiders directly contradicting each other :D

the outcome will provide us the answer, who's closest to the fire...?

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Looks like we have 2 big rock headliners, one hip hop headliner and one new-ish pop headliner. Maybe the last one is more indie. Still dreaming of a Tame Impala - Strokes construction.

I'm with you here lighthouse, that will be a very nice friday for me ?

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Hoping for Strokes and getting Kings Of Leon, imagine that

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

It is not that difficult, Jazebel is closer to the fire. 
that was my information and I shared it, i hope that they will release another name this week.

it is not a battle...

I think the comment came from someone who apparantly rather want a dull forum without any clues or inside info rather than the odd chance of something not being correct. Without you guys this forum wouldn't be the same, so I hope that the comment from LovelessNL weren't meant in the way it were read.. 

Edited by tmolvik

1 minute ago, tmolvik said:

I think the comment came from someone who apparantly rather want a dull forum without any clues or inside info rather than the odd chance of something not being correct. Without you guys this forum wouldn't be the same, so I hope that the comment from LovelessNL weren't meant in the way it were read.. 

Don't take it too serious I guess.