Rock Werchter 2020

7 minutes ago, xydroh said:

hoping for a volbeat SOAD co headline on sunday

Can honestly say I've never heard of Volbeat, if this does happen I can safely say I'll be seeing very little of the headliners, goodbye main stage... hello barn! 

I genuinely do not want to see a single one of the headliners so far, not saying its a bad lineup but it is so so far from my cup of tea this year vs. 2018 for example which felt like it was a lineup curated purely from my Spotify playlists haha. Glad others are getting excited though, I'll be going regardless to be honest just praying for Strokes right now! Hope the announcements keep coming and dont dry out till after Xmas (which I'm scared of) 

Re: IDLES, I reckon they'll announce once they finish this small UK tour they're on, extremely good news that Ken reckons they're playing, that's a huge reason to justify a ticket for me

Edited by RUMINE

Very happy with the announcement of Kendrick, very different from usual stuff, I imagine we have another big band for Sunday as soad didn't say closing the festival plus they teamed with linkin park 17 so whether after or before and then the Friday is either bands that have not announced tours already or struggling to fill i.e kings of Leon/rhcp which tbh I'd love myself 

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

Don't know about MCR yet, mate. Wouldn't get my hopes up too much, though. Don't think Belgium really cares that much about them, and RW wouldn't be able to sell much extra tickets with 'em in my opinion. IF they play, it probably won't be a high slot and they'd probably be announced among some other less important names sometime in the new year.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, Jazebel said:

No need to throw tantrums just yet. By this time next week, Rock Werchter's bill will pretty much look more promising than Mad Cool's already. (To be fair, it does now already, too, but you know what I mean).

Just wondering, are there any band/artists whom didn't already announce their festival tour or just some dates? Something RW pulls out of their sleeve to get an exclusive?

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Kusy had info a day before they announced reunion about Coachella in the USA and Mad Cool and RW at nonheadline slots

Doubt that they will play a non headlining act tbh, I mean people tried to get them to reunite earlier for big money and they refused and they are headlining download in Japan and Australia

9 minutes ago, kingtulip said:

Doubt that they will play a non headlining act tbh, I mean people tried to get them to reunite earlier for big money and they refused and they are headlining download in Japan and Australia

Impossible to see them headlining a festival like Rock Werchter in Belgium. They always had juge success in the UK (headliner at Reading in 2011), good success in other countries but even if the hype is high, they can't headline a so big festival here. Between seeing them on Main Stage early in the afternoon at Rock Werchter, I prefer to see them at Lotto Arena or Forest National. Ancienne Belgique (2000p) is too small for a comeback show. Asia, Australia, Europe, Usa: it can be sometimes really different from a place to another.