Rock Werchter 2020

Don't know if allowed, otherwise please delete: if you are going with a group it is worth it to make one of them a Rock Werchter ambassador. They can offer 8 euro discount on combitickets, 5 euro on day tickets and there are rewards (sell 10 tickets get one free etc).

Hey guys how was the crowd for SOAD and Pearl Jam previous years? Should i expect people to be more active? cuz  crowd at RW  was extremely passive compared to other festivals that i've been,  especially on some bigger bands that appeal to a more mature audience and it really bummed me out

Edited by kingtulip

10 minutes ago, kingtulip said:

Hey guys how was the crowd for SOAD and Pearl Jam previous years? Should i expect people to be more active? cuz  crowd at RW  was extremely passive compared to other festivals that i've been,  especially on some bigger bands that appeal to a more mature audience and it really bummed me out

I feel that, because Werchter offers the width in their line-up every year, the dullness of the crowd depends on where you stand. Sometimes you're in a group of big fans, and everyone is going crazy, sometimes you're in a circle with people that just want to take a look and it can be a bit duller. 

If you feel like you really want to vibe with a band and the crowd, going to the front rows always does the trick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilsassybrat said:

Someone here said that MCR would be on Werchter. When will they announce them IF it’s true at least? As a big fan I’m almost losing my hope

Not big enough to get a solo announcement, they might be in the batches of names starting next year. 

17 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

What's the difference ?
Are the two bracelet?

b.JPG

Problem that we had last year, a lot of people thought this was a ticket including 10 drink tokens. It is indeed a hard ticket that you can hang on a lanyard. Nice if you are a collector. Nothing more than that. 

14 minutes ago, pigital said:

I feel that, because Werchter offers the width in their line-up every year, the dullness of the crowd depends on where you stand. Sometimes you're in a group of big fans, and everyone is going crazy, sometimes you're in a circle with people that just want to take a look and it can be a bit duller. 

If you feel like you really want to vibe with a band and the crowd, going to the front rows always does the trick. 

This!

Crowds for 2017 SOAD was immense!  I loved every minute, surrounded by SOAD fans who knew every word.  Had a small group of us that were strangers but all jumping together.  We were not right at the front but close to be in the throng.  I'll be right there again next year!

But... it depends what you want from a crowd.  If you want fans singing their hearts out, dancing, having a good time, the closer you get to the main stage you will find it.   If you want to do what the youngsters seemingly want to do which is push and shove each other around and knock their mates into the rest of the crowd, then its not welcome IMO.  Feel free to do whatever you want, just dont impact others. 

The weather can have an impact too, last year was SO hot that energy levels dipped during the day.

Werchter attracts a mixed audience and thats one reason i love it..  Never seen a festival so well set up for the disabled, with so many older festival goers and people just having a good time, and with far fewer 16 year old out of their trees on ketamine being a nuisance - as you get at RANDL :D

Hi all, been reading a lot on this forum the past years and created an account now so I can join the lovely discussions about the rumours for next festival Summer.  I'm a bit of a Rock Werchter (32 times) and Pukkelpop (24 times) veteran and although I'm not getting any younger I'm still pretty psyched around this time of the year when festivals start announcing their first names.

So I was wondering why RW is waiting with the announcement of the Friday headliner. Graspop also still needs to announce their big Friday name...coincidence ?  Or strategy ?  Do they have Foo Fighters or another big name that can headline either festival ?

We all know that Coldplay went completely green a few weeks ago but I remember Ken saying something like that for Coldplay it was clear for a possible Belgian show and that you sometimes cannot choose where and when to put them.  Reading between the lines this could mean that they were not available for a one of event but maybe only for RW ? So slight possibility they are indeed headlining Friday and they 'give' FF to Graspop and wait with the announcement of Coldplay so that the regular RW fan can by his/her combi ticket before the rush from the Coldplay fans ?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

This!

Crowds for 2017 SOAD was immense!  I loved every minute, surrounded by SOAD fans who knew every word.  Had a small group of us that were strangers but all jumping together.  We were not right at the front but close to be in the throng.  I'll be right there again next year!

But... it depends what you want from a crowd.  If you want fans singing their hearts out, dancing, having a good time, the closer you get to the main stage you will find it.   If you want to do what the youngsters seemingly want to do which is push and shove each other around and knock their mates into the rest of the crowd, then its not welcome IMO.  Feel free to do whatever you want, just dont impact others. 

The weather can have an impact too, last year was SO hot that energy levels dipped during the day.

Werchter attracts a mixed audience and thats one reason i love it..  Never seen a festival so well set up for the disabled, with so many older festival goers and people just having a good time, and with far fewer 16 year old out of their trees on ketamine being a nuisance - as you get at RANDL :D

The most fun crowd I've ever been a part of was Crystal Fighters in KluB C. Fuck man everyone was going crazy front to back. 

They are more than welcome to come back

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Hi all, been reading a lot on this forum the past years and created an account now so I can join the lovely discussions about the rumours for next festival Summer.  I'm a bit of a Rock Werchter (32 times) and Pukkelpop (24 times) veteran and although I'm not getting any younger I'm still pretty psyched around this time of the year when festivals start announcing their first names.

So I was wondering why RW is waiting with the announcement of the Friday headliner. Graspop also still needs to announce their big Friday name...coincidence ?  Or strategy ?  Do they have Foo Fighters or another big name that can headline either festival ?

We all know that Coldplay went completely green a few weeks ago but I remember Ken saying something like that for Coldplay it was clear for a possible Belgian show and that you sometimes cannot choose where and when to put them.  Reading between the lines this could mean that they were not available for a one of event but maybe only for RW ? So slight possibility they are indeed headlining Friday and they 'give' FF to Graspop and wait with the announcement of Coldplay so that the regular RW fan can by his/her combi ticket before the rush from the Coldplay fans ?

I guess Coldplay is not a possibility anymore. I think an embargo is the reason why they haven't announced the Friday headliner yet, so I'm still hoping for The Strokes, they could be the missing headliner at Roskilde, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter, maybe NOS Alive etc.

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Problem that we had last year, a lot of people thought this was a ticket including 10 drink tokens. It is indeed a hard ticket that you can hang on a lanyard. Nice if you are a collector. Nothing more than that. 

Will I receive this ticket at home? or change in place?