Rock Werchter 2020

36 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

I've been to RW for two years running and planning a third. I have no words to describe how I think it is the best festival I've ever been to. I was maybe spoiled by a great lineup in 2018 which had 8 co heads who were all of a great calibre but I need some good names to get me excited for this year. SOAD, Pearl Jam, 21p and a rumoured Kendrick are all acts I either dislike or have no interest in seeing. With early predictions of Tame Impala, Royal Blood , The Strokes, Billie Eilish and Foos I thought this year might have less dad rock and have some unique and interesting headliners but that hasn't come to fruition yet and makes me lose hope that I will even want to come.

Today's announcement has given me hope mind you. If I'm not interested in the headliners announced so far then both The Streets(!!!) and Thom Yorke are amazing Barn Headline alternatives. My Wishlist for the next few announcements includes the acts I mentioned earlier plus IDLES, Glass Animals, Haim, The Chemical Brothers, Rex Orange County, The Strokes again, Cage The Elephant, Foals (emphasis on these guys, could be a great barn headliner although I think they could sub, just maybe not in Belgium?), Wolf Alice, and hey if Yungblud is back again, why not Tom Misch. Also if it's not too early for Pearl Jam to be back, Why not The Killers? 

I just want a couple less predictable and interesting names next as it's hard to get hyped with some of the acts so far. If Kings of Leon end up being a headliner in any way I swear to god...

2018 had 7 headliners, not 8

Billie Eilish is ruled out

The Killers are playing TW Classic with Paul McCartney, so ruled out.

Beautiful announcement for me! Especially Thom Yorke, The Streets and Wilco as I have never seen them before. 

Just don't really understand the booking (and early announcement) of Yungblud, unless he was booked for pop-up? I suspect they announced the 'older' bands first to be sure that their regular visitors book tickets tomorrow. So next week finally Kendrick (and some female acts)? 

Just now, Fuzhi said:

Pearl Jam and SOAD are my first and second priority of the bands that seems to be touring this summer and Pixies are also up there, so I plan to go to my first Rock Werchter. 

Do you think there are any risk the tickets will sellout in December ?

no.

day tickets will start to sell out first, but probably in March/April. combi tickets comprise the majority of the tickets and there is no problem if you want to wait a couple of months.

Hive Resort packages sell out first so if you plan on camping there that would have to be the first target. 

• Like 1

Over the moon with Yorke. His show at DTRH was amazing and definitely the best I’ve seen all year. If he closes the Barn it’ll be epic.

Also very happy with Wilco, who are a great live act, and haven’t played since 2004. Pixies and Streets are great too.

Tomorrow an announcement of the Dot and they’ll definitely be back in the game for me.

11 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Can't wait til tickets go on sale, there will be a massive rush for them 

Why? Of course these names are popular; but RW has started ticket sales with much bigger batches of names than these. Combi tickets usually don’t sell out until march at the earliest. This year they even didn’t sell out at all.

3 minutes ago, dude111 said:

not.

they got nice names but overall most of the lineups looks way better right now

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Why? Of course these names are popular; but RW has started ticket sales with much bigger batches of names than these. Combi tickets usually don’t sell out until march at the earliest. This year they even didn’t sell out at all.

Thought my sarcasm was obvious haha 

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

This is the normal amount of names to start the ticket sales

1 minute ago, heti said:

I guessed the band, but not the festival. Was hoping for one more name, but with Graspop announcement 4pm seems unlikely to happen. Or am I wrong?

I also feel like we are probably done for the week. Hope we are wrong though. Fingers crossed for at least 1 more announcement before the holidays.