Rock Werchter 2020

1 minute ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Don't get me wrong names are decent and will be seen as decent at the end but it just feels like a lead balloon.surely one last big announcement before tickets go on sale. I'll be waiting for more myself , is there an issue with headliners again

I did expect Kendrick to be announced. Good names so far but it’s very safe. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I did expect Kendrick to be announced. Good names so far but it’s very safe. 

Very safe, just don't see how this is a buzz for tickets on sale. NOS announcing another day with Kendrick maybe hindered Kendrick being announced . Nothing on Friday should excite me but with Werchter last year it just leads me to worry tbh 

Just passing on to the festival directors what I'm hearing here:

• Established headliners - not good
  • Hiphop headliners - not good
  • Surprising headliners - not good
  • Safe acts - not good

I don't think there's going to be a 2021 edition. Looking forward to the Most Amazing Festival in History, organized by EFestival Forum though! ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I've been to RW for two years running and planning a third. I have no words to describe how I think it is the best festival I've ever been to. I was maybe spoiled by a great lineup in 2018 which had 8 co heads who were all of a great calibre but I need some good names to get me excited for this year. SOAD, Pearl Jam, 21p and a rumoured Kendrick are all acts I either dislike or have no interest in seeing. With early predictions of Tame Impala, Royal Blood , The Strokes, Billie Eilish and Foos I thought this year might have less dad rock and have some unique and interesting headliners but that hasn't come to fruition yet and makes me lose hope that I will even want to come.

Today's announcement has given me hope mind you. If I'm not interested in the headliners announced so far then both The Streets(!!!) and Thom Yorke are amazing Barn Headline alternatives. My Wishlist for the next few announcements includes the acts I mentioned earlier plus IDLES, Glass Animals, Haim, The Chemical Brothers, Rex Orange County, The Strokes again, Cage The Elephant, Foals (emphasis on these guys, could be a great barn headliner although I think they could sub, just maybe not in Belgium?), Wolf Alice, and hey if Yungblud is back again, why not Tom Misch. Also if it's not too early for Pearl Jam to be back, Why not The Killers? 

I just want a couple less predictable and interesting names next as it's hard to get hyped with some of the acts so far. If Kings of Leon end up being a headliner in any way I swear to god...

Edited by RUMINE
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

• Safe acts - not good

I don't think there's going to be a 2021 edition. Looking forward to the Most Amazing Festival in History, organized by EFestival Forum though! ?

Hey not all forum is complaining though?

2 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

• Safe acts - not good

We were expecting headliners announced before the ticket sales is all , I think the overall consensus is that the names are good but it's not exactly wow let's get tickets when other fest's have a good selection of names that people can decide on now 

Despite being safe, I am definitely getting a ticket:

- Never seen PJ and I need to, they are class

- SOAD have a great back catalogue and are a great band. don't understand the negativity, they will be great.

- 21P I am not the biggest fan but were great fun at Leeds, if there's a good barn headliner I will be there.

- Thom Yorke, Pixies, Wilco and Streets are great bookings, I hope Thom's after System

We have all this so far and with Kendrick and other great acts, this could be one of the line-ups of the year.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

10 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

• Safe acts - not good

???

After 25 years of festivals, I cant think of many lineups being praised. For me it's a pretty dated set of headliners, certainly nothing to get the juices going. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

We were expecting headliners announced before the ticket sales is all , I think the overall consensus is that the names are good but it's not exactly wow let's get tickets when other fest's have a good selection of names that people can decide on now 

it's not exactly fair to compare 8 names with fests that already have 20 or 30... I saw the same kind of talk in 2018 when Mad Cool seemed for such a long time to have a better line up - in the end Werchter was a bit better imo. 

werchter never really disappoints in terms of line up.  

Just now, neacaisa said:

it's not exactly fair to compare 8 names with fests that already have 20 or 30... I saw the same kind of talk in 2018 when Mad Cool seemed for such a long time to have a better line up - in the end Werchter was a bit better imo. 

werchter never really disappoints in terms of line up.  

they did dissapoint last year though

• Upvote 1