Rock Werchter 2020

17 minutes ago, clavious said:

like? 

With the danger that I’m repeating myself too much: Kendrick Lamar, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Faith No More, The National,...

Bon Iver too, but they’re probably out (playing August fest). More ‘big alternative’ acts. RW always attracted me for names like Radiohead, The Cure, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Anderson Paak, Lorde, QOTSA, PJ Harvey, Depeche Mode, Blur,... They’re always good in booking quality names like that. 

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

With the danger that I’m repeating myself too much: Kendrick Lamar, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Faith No More, The National,...

Bon Iver too, but they’re probably out (playing August fest). More ‘big alternative’ acts. RW always attracted me for names like Radiohead, The Cure, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Anderson Paak, Lorde, QOTSA, PJ Harvey, Depeche Mode, Blur,... They’re always good in booking quality names like that. 

So just wait and see like everyone else? I'm guessing at least something from that list will be announced. Though you have to understand that some of these are not even touring next summer. 

And your list is also full of repeats so people would be complaining about them too. So remember the headliners are headliners because people have heard of them, they can't announce completely new artists as headliners. Those kind of announcements should hopefully follow soon though.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Thom Yorke will most likely headline The Barn on Sunday....

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Or just buy a BKS ticket if that line up is more your dreams. 

But The National is also a typical act for RW, no?

In a good year they can book 5-6 BKS-style headliners in one year. That's why I always like to wait for RW to roll out their full lineup. BKS does look inviting right now. ?

10 band/artist wishlist (beyond whats already been announced).

Tame Impala

The Strokes

Foals

Pixies

My Chemical Romance

Kendrick Lamar

Anderson Paak and the Free Nationals

Modest Mouse

Whitney

Idles

5/6 of these and I'll be really happy with the lineup and getting a ticket. Does anyone know if there is any kind of "camp loner" type system for if you go on your own as I'm not sure my friends will be easy to convince to come too.

• Upvote 2