Rock Werchter 2020

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

They are one of the headliners off course... Great name. The band was very impressed by their show in 2017. The organisation was impressed by the professionalism of SOAD and their crew. 

Happy that they are back. 

"One of the headliners" - could they be co-heading? 

Edited by BJCrees

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

They are one of the headliners off course... Great name. The band was very impressed by their show in 2017. The organisation was impressed by the professionalism of SOAD and their crew. 

My highlight of 2017 was seeing the face of Serj from SOAD. He was grinning and just looking around at the audience, as if in disbelief at the massive crowd going nuts and singing along to their songs. It was a great addition to the day! So glad they are back! 

I expect a band going in Klub C to follow SOAD officially closing Werchter?

17 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

it really was a GREAT show, but I want new material, hard to get too excited for the same setlist they had in the last 10+ years. 

Edited by neacaisa
  • Upvote 1

The word "headliners" (such as "headlining") lost a bit of its meaning. A few years ago, when we said a band is the "headliner", it was the main band, the closing act, the biggest band on the day. Now, you have lot of festivals and band who used it everywhere... I remembered Parkway Drive last Summer announced they were headlining Hurricane/Southside but they didn't. In Belgium, a small festival called Durbuy Rock, announces many bands as headliners.

Here, System Of A Down announced they're headliners but Rock Werchter didn't. For sure, they'll be co-headline. But would be great to be more clear from the beginning. Some fans could be disappointed later to discover that a band or another are not main act with the longest set.

I've serious doubt about SOAD, a metal band, closing Rock Werchter. But Volbeat closing the festival would be more weird for me!