Rock Werchter 2020

1 minute ago, Aech said:

Yeah absolutely no chance they're not headlining, they wouldn't be playing otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Groump said:

last year when tool and the cure where announced the were not officially announced as headliner in the post either

We'll have the same for 21P and the other co-headliner I guess.

Just now, pryce said:

people tend to ignore these things when its a band they do not like

So I've noticed, much like the people who think some of the biggest artists in the world right now like Post Malone are sub/third down at Werchter. I don't like TOP either but they can headline any festival. I hope they play under Foos, same as Sziget last year.

5 minutes ago, Aech said:

So I've noticed, much like the people who think some of the biggest artists in the world right now like Post Malone are sub/third down at Werchter. I don't like TOP either but they can headline any festival. I hope they play under Foos, same as Sziget last year.

to be honest, post malone was playing early in the barn in 2018 and he was already huge.

werchter pulls surprises like this sometimes, but i don't think this is the case for TOP

Edited by neacaisa

5 hours ago, Dennisf said:

Not 8AM like previous years, not 11AM like yesterday, so headliner 2 at 4PM today? 

thanks thanks  

I expect a lot more strong names this week.
I need more reasons to buy the ticket, is that for me it is not cheap to go there, in total at least is € 600 with flight, ticket, overnight, food ...

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

to be honest, post malone was playing early in the barn in 2018 and he was already huge.

werchter pulls surprises like this sometimes, but i don't think this is the case. 

He did at all festivals that summer though, fifth down mainstage at Reading and he had the largest crowd of the weekend, only crowd I've ever seen bigger than his there was Eminems. It's just he committed to those shows before he blew up, same with Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi (atleast in the UK) this year. 

Edit: Same with Billie Ellish this year as well.

Edited by Aech

7 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

thanks thanks  

I expect a lot more strong names this week.
I need more reasons to buy the ticket, is that for me it is not cheap to go there, in total at least is € 600 with flight, ticket, overnight, food ...

I have been coming from India since last 3 years! Imagine the costs ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Are these bands still possible? 

The National ( playing a concert in USA - may 2020)

Tame impala, editors, foals, death cab for cutie, Robert plant, Haim, Hinds, rage against the machine, damien rice. 

The National announced first dates in June in Europe. So it could be possible, but I  doubt it.

21P is an expected co-headliner. I just hope they won't close down, so that there will be an alternative in the Barn. 21P - Kendrick seems like a nice combination to attract the younger audience on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Are these bands still possible? 

The National ( playing a concert in USA - may 2020)

Tame impala, editors, foals, death cab for cutie, Robert plant, Haim, Hinds, rage against the machine, damien rice. 

RATM is not very likely , I heard countless times tat 2021 is much more probable since 2020 is full on election season and they'd want to be in the US then

39 minutes ago, Phantom_Zone said:

hmm...I'm going to be a miserable bar steward and say meeehhhh so far

Pearl Jam were ok last year but nothing special...This will be my 5th year in a row so if its just a recycle year maybe I take it off

Be more optimistic.

Maybe tomorrow will bring us something special/more exciting. ?