Rock Werchter 2020

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Best selling act in the history of RW. On the most difficult day to sell out. Expect a nice line up that day. 

More tomorrow. 

Not really a surprise. Since more than 10 years, RW is the only chance to see Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter. All the Belgian fans who wants to see them live will attend RW like a tradition. I saw them there in 2010 (they closed the festival on Sunday) and I didn't really enjoy their show. I was expecting them to play on another day this time as Thursday was the only day I can attend in 2020. Too bad!

5 minutes ago, Archi said:

Not really a surprise. Since more than 10 years, RW is the only chance to see Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter. All the Belgian fans who wants to see them live will attend RW like a tradition. I saw them there in 2010 (they closed the festival on Sunday) and I didn't really enjoy their show. I was expecting them to play on another day this time as Thursday was the only day I can attend in 2020. Too bad!

2010 was their least impressive performance. Also half hour short.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Best selling act in the history of RW. On the most difficult day to sell out. Expect a nice line up that day. 

More tomorrow. 

I hope they don't do the same mistake as in 2014 when Pixies played in The Barn during Pearl Jam set. That was idiotic to say it in most delicate language

5 minutes ago, Lilsassybrat said:

Is there a big chance that My Chemical Romance will be playing on Werchter? What do you guys think?

I recall hearing about them playing RW on these boards. But since they’re rather small-ish in Belgium, I can imagine they’ll not announce them until the batches of names start to drop in januari. 

02.07: Pearl Jam (don't need a co-headline)
03.07: Kendrick Lamar - Kings Of Leon
04.07: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Twenty One Pilots
05.07: System Of A Down - Volbeat

On their website, 21P play Main Square on July 5th and Poland on July 2nd. SOAD are in Spain/Portugal on the first 2 days of the festival. I'd be surprised if the Foo's don't play RW. Not the first they'll be on tour in Europe on this period and not doing Werchter. They could do a show at SportPaleis once again.

4 minutes ago, Archi said:

On their website, 21P play Main Square on July 5th and Poland on July 2nd. SOAD are in Spain/Portugal on the first 2 days of the festival. I'd be surprised if the Foo's don't play RW. Not the first they'll be on tour in Europe on this period and not doing Werchter. They could do a show at SportPaleis once again.

My prediction is very similar at the moment. I feel Kendrick and 21P fit perfectly together, never really liked 21P but smashed Leeds as the first of the co-headliners and feel this with Kendrick finishing would be brilliant. I dont feel they would reject Foo's, big ticket seller and they are around. SOAD have to play with their dates and with RHCP would be a solid day. Anything like your prediction or mine would make me get my ticket. Cannot wait for the lineup.

Pearl Jam

Kendrick Lamar - Twenty One Pilots

Foo Fighters

System of a Down - Red Hot Chili Peppers

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Can't understand that RHCP and SOaD are big enough to headline a festival like RW, but you never know. Put Foo in front of SOaD then maybe.. Kendrick and KoL also seems like a strange combo, but I think both of them can feature. 

I see the same names appear from everyone here, but I really hope that RW can pull something else out of their sleeve (The Boss maybe).

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Can't understand that RHCP and SOaD are big enough to headline a festival like RW, but you never know. Put Foo in front of SOaD then maybe.. Kendrick and KoL also seems like a strange combo, but I think both of them can feature. 

I see the same names appear from everyone here, but I really hope that RW can pull something else out of their sleeve (The Boss maybe).

11 hours ago, tmolvik said:

SOAD sells enough tickets and that's the bottom line for a festival like RW really

11 hours ago, tmolvik said:

I think they fit the bill. At least I know more songs by them than Twenty One Pilots and Kendrick?