Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, polnico said:

With the various line-ups starting to form in Europe, I am starting to hope at the following headliners. If it happens I am for sure going back to the RW grounds haha !

Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Pearl Jam, SOAD, London Grammar, Foals (maybe more of a sub actually), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Royal Blood (sub too?), Twenty One Pilots and another female headliner (Dua Lipa would be fine but praying for Lana even though unlikely) .

I hope you are right!
Kendrick Lamar took off and put My Chemical Romance

48 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

there were some solid bands third down on main stage in the past years, kylie or NiN even headlined the Barn, so yes... they can do the same with foals or MCR

Foals is not even a Barn headliner in Belgium. Last venue they played is AB (capacity: 2K).

And MCR played 2nd on the main stage the last time they played (the year they headlined R+L). Not a very big band in Belgium (Studio Brussel for example never plays their songs on the radio).

9 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Foals is not even a Barn headliner in Belgium. Last venue they played is AB (capacity: 2K).

And MCR played 2nd on the main stage the last time they played (the year they headlined R+L). Not a very big band in Belgium (Studio Brussel for example never plays their songs on the radio).

Foals sold out the AB in minutes, and I am pretty sure they played a smaller venue on purpose. However it is true they struggled to sell in Forest a few years ago.

Angel Olsen, Charli XCX, Rex Orange County, Nina Kraviz, Peggy Gou, Tom Misch, Phoebe Bridgers, Alec Benjamin, Floating Points, Hobo Johnson, Seasick Steve, Baby Rose, Creeper, The Regrettes, Leon Vynehall, Confidence Man, Arlo Parks, Viva Belgrado to Mad Cool as well as Anderson Paak, Faith No More and Fourtet.

I would absolutely love Rex Orange County out of this, Anderson Paak and Seasick Steve would be great as well. Personally I hope Faith No More stay away, never had any interest in their music and my friends hadn't even heard of them so would be a huge waste of a headline spot for me. Charli XCX is a load of crap live as well but no harm in Kluc C I guess.

23 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Mcr replaced a band that year, so the position doesn't really reflect how popular they were then. 2 year before that they played 3rd on mainstage (out of 7 acts)

Still firmly believe that MCR is a subheadliner

Edited by xydroh

33 minutes ago, Aech said:

Angel Olsen, Charli XCX, Rex Orange County, Nina Kraviz, Peggy Gou, Tom Misch, Phoebe Bridgers, Alec Benjamin, Floating Points, Hobo Johnson, Seasick Steve, Baby Rose, Creeper, The Regrettes, Leon Vynehall, Confidence Man, Arlo Parks, Viva Belgrado to Mad Cool as well as Anderson Paak, Faith No More and Fourtet.

I would absolutely love Rex Orange County out of this, Anderson Paak and Seasick Steve would be great as well. Personally I hope Faith No More stay away, never had any interest in their music and my friends hadn't even heard of them so would be a huge waste of a headline spot for me. Charli XCX is a load of crap live as well but no harm in Kluc C I guess.

Angel Olsen, Rex Orange County, Phoebe Bridgers... all on their wishlist. Seasick Steve is also an easy booking (too easy). 

45 minutes ago, Aech said:

Would love Faith No More. Their set at RW 2015 was absolutely great. A big improvement (performance-wise) over the originally programmed Foos, given their dull preformance in 2017. Mike Patton is be one of the most most talented and badass singer/performer out there. ? 

But I'm afraid RW will lose them to Graspop though, given the info on these boards.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Would love Faith No More. Their set at RW 2015 was absolutely great. A big improvement (performance-wise) over the originally programmed Foos, given their dull preformance in 2017. Mike Patton is be one of the most most talented and badass singer/performer out there. ? 

But I'm afraid RW will lose them to Graspop though, given the info on these boards.

FNM at Wercher that night was an excellent gig.  Agree re Foo's.  Just wish Dave would stop talking shit and turning songs like Monkey Wrench into 15 minute jams.  I'd rather a 90 minute set with no crap

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xydroh said:

Mcr replaced a band that year, so the position doesn't really reflect how popular they were then. 2 year before that they played 3rd on mainstage (out of 7 acts)

Still firmly believe that MCR is a subheadliner

MCR were at their commercial peak in 2007, after releasing The Black Parade.

0% chance RW is giving away a sub spot to them. A similar slot to Weezer this year is the best they'll do.

16 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

No need to throw tantrums just yet. By this time next week, Rock Werchter's bill will pretty much look more promising than Mad Cool's already. (To be fair, it does now already, too, but you know what I mean).

Is that to say we will have similar number of bands announced or just a better of quality announced