Rock Werchter 2020

8 hours ago, Scarnic said:

Chris Martin on an interview with the BBC today has said that Coldplay are not going to tour the new album for the next couple of years. He is looking to make the  whole tour a carbon neutral event.

Playing festival dates isn't 'proper' touring though I would argue. A stadium tour means dozens of people, dozens of trucks for staging etc. In theory, playing festivals could be pretty small scale and I suspect that's still what they will do in 2020.

1 minute ago, everest said:

So 8:00 nova rock and werchter will announce Foos?

Seems very likely yes.

Major disappointment for me. FF's performance at RW17 was so boring. And with PJ also a certainty, the two 'bigger' headliners are repetitions from 2017 & 2018. That's not going to do it for me. (And then there is still a possibility to have SOAD, RHCP, KOL ...) 

1 minute ago, EV123 said:

Seems very likely yes.

Major disappointment for me. FF's performance at RW17 was so boring. And with PJ also a certainty, the two 'bigger' headliners are repetitions from 2017 & 2018. That's not going to do it for me. (And then there is still a possibility to have SOAD, RHCP, KOL ...) 

Yeah it's looking very dull at the moment. I like PJ but I've seen them way too much. And Foos were indeed boring and bland last time. They both played too recently as well.

Big meh.

• Like 1

Will be my first time at werchter and I'm a massive fan of pearl jam so selfishly no complaints from me. 

Do we reckon we have the foos too then?

Who else is in the running. I'm hoping for tame impala and royal blood, chemical brothers. Killers are about the uk before then too. Rage, chillis and killers?

I think it pretty safe to assume by now that RW will have PJ, RHCP, FF, SOAD and probably Volbeat as they won't be playing GMM apparently. That would be a lot of rock, way more than the lasts years. Some pop is missing. It looks like Kendrick Lamar is touring at that moment. Good shout for RW ?

14 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

I think it pretty safe to assume by now that RW will have PJ, RHCP, FF, SOAD and probably Volbeat as they won't be playing GMM apparently. That would be a lot of rock, way more than the lasts years. Some pop is missing. It looks like Kendrick Lamar is touring at that moment. Good shout for RW ?

Is there already an indication that Kendrick is touring? I hope so, but there are only rumors. 

13 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

Zegut just posted : "Foo Fighters at Hellfest : uncertainty". I guess it goes your way Ken.

Not a surprise if Foo's don't play Hellfest. But also not a surprise if they play 2 festivals in France. Hellfest is already soldout. And the country is big enough to have the band headline 2 festivals in the same Summer. In 2017, Linkin Park headlined Hellfest and Download France.

About Rock Werchter, I'd be surprised if they don't announce Foo Fighters today at 4pm. If they keep the same way to announce their had the last few years.

35 minutes ago, Archi said:

Not a surprise if Foo's don't play Hellfest. But also not a surprise if they play 2 festivals in France. Hellfest is already soldout. And the country is big enough to have the band headline 2 festivals in the same Summer. In 2017, Linkin Park headlined Hellfest and Download France.

About Rock Werchter, I'd be surprised if they don't announce Foo Fighters today at 4pm. If they keep the same way to announce their had the last few years.

Haven't they done 8am recent years?