Rock Werchter 2020

My idea is what I read about Pearl Jam:

Eddie loves my country (Portugal) and whenever he does a solo tour or with the band he says he has to start or finish here in Portugal, so as much as I like them very much I don't want them at RW right now because I will RW is looking for bands coming to ca Portugal.

As for them guitarist Mike McCready said they are recording right now and said "" I hope we can hit the road. I'm ready to play music with my boys again, but for now, we have no plans to do so. I'm currently involved in a scene about Johnny Cash trying to keep myself busy. And I've been helping my friends Thunderpussy write some songs "
Usually Pearl Jam like to announce the tour in early December and this time I don't believe much.

When is RW because I'm looking forward to going to this Festival or is it taking too long with names?

35 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

sorry ,I don't want them right now, I like them very much.
At this moment I only wish:

Paul McCartney, RHCP,  SOAD , My Chemical Romance, Tame Impala, Cigarret after Sex

Forget about Macca, the rest is very realistic 

Next week Hellfest will be announced. Let's see if Zegut is right predicting Foos and Faith No More. If they are there, my two favourite F bands should also be playing Werchter. 

Edited by pete76

9 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

The Black Keys, the Smashing Pumpkins and the Strokes just announced to headline "Shaky Knees festival" in Atlanta on 1. 3. May 2020.

For me they would be also fabulous headliners for RW. But please not again Pearl Jam or even worthier Coldplay.

Black Keys are (unfortunately) already ruled out, I hope that Pumpkins could make a return next summer, cause I wasn't able to grab them this year. Maybe August festivals this time?

Are there any news about The Strokes and europe? They seem to be on everybody's wishlist (including mine), but it seems very hard to book them....

3 hours ago, Scarnic said:

Chris Martin on an interview with the BBC today has said that Coldplay are not going to tour the new album for the next couple of years. He is looking to make the  whole tour a carbon neutral event.

That's insane I thought everything was centred around a massive world tour for Coldplay in 2020. Shows how little we know I guess (unless he's bluffing).