Rock Werchter 2020

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Full tour announcement next monday... Not RW, something else ?

TW Classic with Paul McCartney?

Also, Main Square will announce their first names this Friday at 6.3pm (French time). Maybe a first announcement of Werchter also this Friday at 4pm like they often do?

6 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Jimmy Eat World have announced some european summer dates, no belgian date, and they have a perfect gap for playing Rock Werchter

They are playing Amsterdam on the Sunday, so Saturday at Rock Werchter would fit very well.

They are also supporting My Chemical Romance in Australia, so my hope is that both bands will share some european festival shows together.

8 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

After seeing Pearl Jam so many times in recent years  -  I'm sorry but i struggle to get excited by seeing them AGAIN!

It's lazy by RW

See where you’re coming from but personally I’d watch Pearl Jam every day. For me it’s going to be the difference between going to RW than any other european festival next year. If their only festival is RW then that’ll be the one for me, although I appreciate if you’re not a massive fan then repeating headliners so quickly is disappointing.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

See where you’re coming from but personally I’d watch Pearl Jam every day. For me it’s going to be the difference between going to RW than any other european festival next year. If their only festival is RW then that’ll be the one for me, although I appreciate if you’re not a massive fan then repeating headliners so quickly is disappointing.

Yeah, I used to be excited over a Pearl Jam announcement... around 2012. But now they will have played the festival more than Editors. I even liked their last performance but come on, they technically played RW last year...

Almost feels like a wasted headliner slot for me.

PJ is great and all, but I feel returning so soon might backfire a bit compared to previous years, even from a business perspective. So I hope there are some good surprises left to keep things balanced and fresh. 

And to be honest, unless they announce RATM, Coldplay or some other big name then the long wait for announcements won't be justified for me at least.

Tame Impala, RHCP, SOAD, Twenty One Pilots, Post Malone have all announced other festivals already.