Rock Werchter 2020

So, Foo Fighters announced first festival date for 2020 (Boston Calling). They should be a certainty now? With System of a Down being more and more likely and RHCP already announced for Pinkpop, I'm preparing myself for a very boring set of headliners. 

I guess a set of headliners with Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, RHCP and SOAD seems very realistic now. Too many repetitions for me, but all these names seem to be available and it will certainly sell out, so I can see them going for this. 

On 11/14/2019 at 1:28 AM, Nicklord said:

I just listened to the new Coldplay (leaked) and it's ummm good? Like, actually good. That single Orphans is by far the worst track in there 

Definitely their best work in the last ten years, but I understand why they're not touring it (it's a shame tho). I don't see a lot of songs in there that would fit the big outdoor stadiums/festivals Coldplay are drawing nowadays... So if Coldplay is still a thing for this summer, I would not expect to hear more than two or three of these new songs.

On another topic, I didn't realize Arcade Fire were a rumor for APE in May/June. Would love to see them again, but will they still consider RW in the future after their performance in 2017 (and disappointing crowd)...

Edited by VCF

11 minutes ago, VCF said:

On another topic, I didn't realize Arcade Fire were a rumor for APE in May/June. Would love to see them again, but will they still consider RW in the future after their performance in 2017 (and disappointing crowd)...

I think they are certainly an option, but only when they release a new album. I don't see Werchter booking them if they're just gonna celebrate 15 years of The Funeral. Their crowd at both Sportpaleis and Pukkelpop were very good, so I suppose it was just a bad day or something? (Although I didn't fully understand where Win's comment was coming from as the crowd around me was very good!) 

34 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I think they are certainly an option, but only when they release a new album. I don't see Werchter booking them if they're just gonna celebrate 15 years of The Funeral. Their crowd at both Sportpaleis and Pukkelpop were very good, so I suppose it was just a bad day or something? (Although I didn't fully understand where Win's comment was coming from as the crowd around me was very good!) 

Yeah the crowd around me was excellent as well. Great show.

23 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I heard over the weekend that Neil Young pulled out of his EU tour next summer, it was pretty much a done deal, but he decided not to play Europe next summer after all. He was supposed to headline Werchter Classics. 

How comes Bruce Springsteen into play? Is he in the picture?

I always thought tour plans for NY depend on Bruce, as they share the guitarist. So it‘s surprising that you mention „a done deal“. Weren‘t there strong rumors for The Boss in the same time frame?

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

How comes Bruce Springsteen into play? Is he in the picture?

I always thought tour plans for NY depend on Bruce, as they share the guitarist. So it‘s surprising that you mention „a done deal“. Weren‘t there strong rumors for The Boss in the same time frame?

Hopefully that means that Bruce is up for grabs now (and that Werchter rises to the occation and makes sure that The Boss will be on the poster)... 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

I never was into the Beatles, but that concert is easily one of the top 10 gigs I've ever went to.

I really enjoyed him at Glastonbury in 2004 but just couldn’t get into his RW performance.  He’s probably a reasonable bet for RW next year now