Rock Werchter 2020

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Normally is Lana not available for Werchter. And if she is, for the barn, not main stage.

Focus for Bon Iver is Pukkelpop. But they want him. They want him very bad.

Lana in the barn would be incredible. Norman fucking Rockwell is by far my favourite record of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mln said:

Let's assume PJ are going to announce on December 6 (first Friday of December, their usual pattern). Can we expect RW will announce some other acts before that day or the plan is to start with PJ (since as you said they want to start with their most headliners)?

Can you shed some light on this Ken? 

Should we expect any names before PJ are ready to announce supposedly in early December? 

New names for graspop!

Airbourne, Alcest, Alestorm, Alter Bridge, Amorphis, Anathema, Anti-Flag, August Burns Red, Babymetal, Battle Beast, Beyond the black, Body Cout Ft. Ice-T, Boston Manor, Bury Tomorrow, Chelsea Grin, Creeper, Deep Purple, Deez Nuts, Deftones, Dimmu Borgir, Disillusion, Disturbed, Dog Eat Dog, Dool, Down, Dream State, Dying Fetus, Enter Shikari, Exciter, Fields Of The Nephilim, Foreigner, Fu Manchu, Gaahls Wyrd, Good Riddance, Heathen, Heaven Shall Burn, High On Fire, In Extremo, Kadavar, Killing Joke, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Lagwagon, M.O.D., Mayhem, Me And That Man, Mercyful Fate, Mispyrming, Motionless in White, My Dying Bride, Naglfar, Obituary, Of Mice & Men, Opeth, Our Survival Depends On Us, P.O.D., Paradise Lost, Powerflo, Powerwolf, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Shvpes, Silverstein, Slapshot, Soen, Steel Panther, The Great Old Ones, The Offspring, The Vintage Caravan, Thunder, Tribulation, Vltimas, Wayward Sons and Wednesday 13.

39 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

New names for graspop!

Airbourne, Alcest, Alestorm, Alter Bridge, Amorphis, Anathema, Anti-Flag, August Burns Red, Babymetal, Battle Beast, Beyond the black, Body Cout Ft. Ice-T, Boston Manor, Bury Tomorrow, Chelsea Grin, Creeper, Deep Purple, Deez Nuts, Deftones, Dimmu Borgir, Disillusion, Disturbed, Dog Eat Dog, Dool, Down, Dream State, Dying Fetus, Enter Shikari, Exciter, Fields Of The Nephilim, Foreigner, Fu Manchu, Gaahls Wyrd, Good Riddance, Heathen, Heaven Shall Burn, High On Fire, In Extremo, Kadavar, Killing Joke, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Lagwagon, M.O.D., Mayhem, Me And That Man, Mercyful Fate, Mispyrming, Motionless in White, My Dying Bride, Naglfar, Obituary, Of Mice & Men, Opeth, Our Survival Depends On Us, P.O.D., Paradise Lost, Powerflo, Powerwolf, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Shvpes, Silverstein, Slapshot, Soen, Steel Panther, The Great Old Ones, The Offspring, The Vintage Caravan, Thunder, Tribulation, Vltimas, Wayward Sons and Wednesday 13.

Except for Deftones, not one name that I will really miss from this list. Remarkable that Gojira isn't in this list as they tour together with Korn. Could it be possible that they play RW this year instead of Graspop? 

Also strange that either Volbeat or System of a Down are still not announced. I expected at least one of them to be announced for Graspop by now.  

Edited by EV123

On 11/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, lighthouse said:

Editors even played after RHCP.

The Peppers aren't exactly huge in Belgium. Didn't even manage to sell out the Sportpaleis (cap: 20K+). You need another big act like them to co-headline. Which is good news.

I always forget the fact Editors are enormous in Belgium & The Netherlands. Over here, they usually play theatres, although they do have an arena run in Feb/March.

On 11/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, abracadabrik said:

@Ken19 Is there any chance to have Blur this year?

In 2016 there were no preconditions of their summer shows (like new album or tour), but you said they had been booked

Does this mean that Organizers are close to Damon and band and are able to have them as a kind of an exclusive option?

Were there rumours of Blur returning for 2020 shows?

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I always forget the fact Editors are enormous in Belgium & The Netherlands. Over here, they usually play theatres, although they do have an arena run in Feb/March.

Were there rumours of Blur returning for 2020 shows?

Wishful thinking i guess. But with Blur you never know. In 2015 they decided very late to do some festivals that summer.

I know the Damon Albarn camp more than the Rock Werchter camp and it's my understanding that we are more likely to get the Gorillaz next year than Blur. Gorillaz are still more active than Blur (they are still in the studio although I've no idea if that is to plan another album or they are just making songs at this stage), and it's actually Dave Rowntree's connections to Labour that make it more difficult to get him back in the band (it's been a busy time for him if you hadn't noticed)

• Like 1

Pearl Jam is really putting me off RW, it's just lazy. RHCP were shit last time they played aswell. I might be showing my age but I usually leave just before the main acts start, I prefer the day time drinking and strolling around the festival more than anything else. I know I'm contradicting myself, just the main acts don't do it for me. the Killers and Arctic Monkeys were pants in 2018 aswell. I think a good main act (on paper) pushes you to get a ticket but when the time comes, for me they are the biggest disapointment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Pearl Jam is really putting me off RW, it's just lazy. RHCP were shit last time they played aswell. I might be showing my age but I usually leave just before the main acts start, I prefer the day time drinking and strolling around the festival more than anything else. I know I'm contradicting myself, just the main acts don't do it for me. the Killers and Arctic Monkeys were pants in 2018 aswell. I think a good main act (on paper) pushes you to get a ticket but when the time comes, for me they are the biggest disapointment.

I agree with you on this, it is probably because we are knackered by the time the headliners come on. It is one of the reasons I love Sziget so much, man stage does not stare until 4pm, saves the legs... 

Also no idea if you have done the festival scene for a long time, but personally speaking you get very jaded of the same old headliners year in year out. There is not many festivals who try and do it a bit differently at the minute, Glastonbury/Roskilde usually take a risk or 2 but mainly festival organisers go for the safe acts.

1 hour ago, brightside23 said:

So realistically we are looking at something like this:

Post Malone - SOAD

RCHP - The Strokes 

Tame Impala - Twenty One Pilots - Dua Lipa

Pearl Jam - Royal Blood

With Thom Yorke, MCR also very likely. 

Not terrible, but too many recent repeats in my opinion, if that is the case. 

Posty as sub would be so weak imo

10 minutes ago, polnico said:

Posty as sub would be so weak imo

He won't come for a lower position than co-head. But I have my doubts, he was at Werchter in 2017 and 2018. He played a Sportpaleis (which wasn't completely sold-out) and PKP in the meantime. I think he is very likely, but I'm just wondering if it's not too much if they have him back in 2020? They will certainly need another strong name that day! 

I personally hope for a more refreshing rap headliner that hasn't played RW too much before. Travis Scott? Childish Gambino? Kendrick?