Rock Werchter 2020

It kind of sounds like RW has a problem booking the headliners for next year, which explains the radiosilence so far. For better or worse so far we have ruled out Green Day, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, now apparently Coldplay & RATM are a longshot anyway.

Unless I'm missing someone mentioned already that leaves PJ, TOP, The Strokes, Tame Impala, SOAD and Dua Lipa as strong possibilities, which apart from PJ are not solo headliner material. Maybe some of the acts like RHCP/KOL/Editors that according to Ken were not first choice will end up coming after all?

32 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

It kind of sounds like RW has a problem booking the headliners for next year, which explains the radiosilence so far. For better or worse so far we have ruled out Green Day, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, now apparently Coldplay & RATM are a longshot anyway.

Unless I'm missing someone mentioned already that leaves PJ, TOP, The Strokes, Tame Impala, SOAD and Dua Lipa as strong possibilities, which apart from PJ are not solo headliner material. Maybe some of the acts like RHCP/KOL/Editors that according to Ken were not first choice will end up coming after all?

If the RW bookers are able to put Swift and Coldplay on seperate events, it sounds to me that they've got far from a headliner issue.

Foo Fighters are also in Europe that time, according to Zegut.

2 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

If the RW bookers are able to put Swift and Coldplay on seperate events, it sounds to me that they've got far from a headliner issue.

Foo Fighters are also in Europe that time, according to Zegut.

Fingers crossed! I hope there are nice surprises. I like the Foos, but I was hoping for less repeats from recent editions. I would take System if anyone big has to repeat from 2017/2018. And PJ I guess, who were great of course :)

46 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

No, no problem. But they have a plan with their announcements in combination with the start of the presale. They want to announce their most headliners first, and than start with the presale. But some bands want to announce everything at the same time, so Werchter has to wait.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No, no problem. But they have a plan with their announcements in combination with the start of the presale. They want to announce their most headliners first, and than start with the presale. But some bands want to announce everything at the same time, so Werchter has to wait.

Let's assume PJ are going to announce on December 6 (first Friday of December, their usual pattern). Can we expect RW will announce some other acts before that day or the plan is to start with PJ (since as you said they want to start with their most headliners)?

12 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Only in a combo with an other big name

Until now RHCP were a big headliner alone. Why are they no more considered like a major act? In 2016 they'll play a really good show. They 're one of the few big band who will tour next year. 

Edited by P.bintein

I highly doubt RHCP would be willing to take co-headline slot with anyone. If they play, they must headline.

Their live show is super shitty, one of the worst live bands around, but catalogue is massive, tons of hits, one of the biggest selling rock bands of the past 30 years.

In the last 20 years they never played a festival anywhere that they didnt headline.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I highly doubt RHCP would be willing to take co-headline slot with anyone. If they play, they must headline.

Their live show is super shitty, one of the worst live bands around, but catalogue is massive, tons of hits, one of the biggest selling rock bands of the past 30 years.

In the last 20 years they never played a festival anywhere that they didnt headline.

They were co-heads with Editors in 2016 weren't they haha?

1 minute ago, Andrej said:

In 2016, they were co-headliners at Rock Werchter, so it is certainly possible. I really hope they don't close down a day, their live show is too bad/boring in my opinion. If they would appear at RW, I think a combo of RHCP - Tame Impala (with Tame Impala closing the day) seems a good one. 

My guess right now (or maybe wishful thinking but anyway):

RHCP - Tame Impala

Lana del Rey - Bon Iver

The Strokes - 21 Pilots

Pearl Jam (maybe + SOAD/Dua Lipa)

2× big and established rock headliners, 1× indie-rock, 2× 2010's indie-acts (Tame Impala, Bon Iver), 2× pop/mainstream (Lana, 21 P)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

My guess right now (or maybe wishful thinking but anyway):

RHCP - Tame Impala

Lana del Rey - Bon Iver

The Strokes - 21 Pilots

Pearl Jam (maybe + SOAD/Dua Lipa)

2× big and established rock headliners, 1× indie-rock, 2× 2010's indie-acts (Tame Impala, Bon Iver), 2× pop/mainstream (Lana, 21 P)

I would love that line-up but I think the first 2 days would not sell out, especially Lana-Bon Iver is too weak for Werchter. Also, I don't expect LDR, she will probably only be in Europe early June