Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

PEARL JAM / Tame Impala / Deftones / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / The Struts / Sick Puppies

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS / Foals / Pixies / Wolf Alice / The Hives / While She Sleeps

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / SYSTEM OF A DOWN / A Day To Remember / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Dropkick Murphys

THE STROKES / Twenty One Pilots / Alt-J / Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals / Yungblud

MCR are playing.

17 minutes ago, Drev said:

Just announced at Graspop on June 18th so no.

Does this lead to SOAD at Werchter? Because if they held back the announcement for a big band, I dont believe that Graspop can do with Iron Maiden + Big Band + SOAD, seems to expensive and a bit of an overkill for the festival, am I wrong?

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Does this lead to SOAD at Werchter? Because if they held back the announcement for a big band, I dont believe that Graspop can do with Iron Maiden + Big Band + SOAD, seems to expensive and a bit of an overkill for the festival, am I wrong?

Graspop is 4 days next year, plus it's an anniversary edition... I think something like Maiden - SOAD - AC/DC - Nightwish should be possible...

On 11/7/2019 at 10:45 AM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

If you have 4 days, then you'll need strong days isn't it?

2 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

@Ken19 Any news on Coldplay, Chris Martin said they won't be touring this album, can we cross Coldplay off the werchter list although it was very slim chance anyway ?

Yeah... there is something in the works. I think it will come together. You can compare it with summer 2009. Big difference was the setup, they used the viva la vide production for these shows. If they do a few shows this time, they will need the logistics of a festival. 

10 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah... there is something in the works. I think it will come together. You can compare it with summer 2009. Big difference was the setup, they used the viva la vide production for these shows. If they do a few shows this time, they will need the logistics of a festival. 

Sounds interesting and if rock werchter can get them that would be amazing catch if they do minimal shows overall. The thought of them and pearl jam would mean very quick sell out 

6 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Sounds interesting and if rock werchter can get them that would be amazing catch if they do minimal shows overall. The thought of them and pearl jam would mean very quick sell out 

Normally not RW. TW Classic 21st of June, and that can make Pinkpop happy too ;-). 

That is the plan, but not easy.  

Edited by Ken19

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Normally not RW. TW Classic 21st of June, and that can make Pinkpop happy too ;-). 

So, where the Boss would go to ? RW instead of TW Classic ? Or no date at all ? Or an indoor venue (I don't believe that, last time he played indoor was Sportpaleis in 2008).

41 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

So, where the Boss would go to ? RW instead of TW Classic ? Or no date at all ? Or an indoor venue (I don't believe that, last time he played indoor was Sportpaleis in 2008).

There could also be some shows in The King Baudouin Stadium. I can certainly see GnR, AC/DC or Bruce playing there next year.

Anyway, very happy that Coldplay seems to not play RW. It's better for both their fans as the regular festival goers who still want to enjoy the other acts on the main stage that day! 

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I don't know why but it seems that I can't edit my previous comment.

Anyway, I was thinking that June 21st is the day after the Boutique with Taylor Swift. Have two different one-day events two days in a row seems very unlikely doesn't it ? Not impossible but unlikely I'd say at the very least.

37 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Not ideal, also that a lot of material is in Graspop that weekend, but sometimes a schedule offers no other option.

Quite sad about this one,  is it 100% sure that Coldplay won't come to the main festival ? 

Edited by polnico
adding the band name to the post