Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

I only have info about POR. The RATM news is new for me. But maybe the 3 can stay in Europe and Zack can join them after the GraSpop weekend.

I don’t think that, If they tour in Europe, it will be before the Hellfest weekend. Otherwise Download and Rar would have them.

As I said before, I know a little, not the big parts.

Saw this on the Glastonbury forum but this seems to suggest that Prophets of Rage are over. Any chance the Prophets of Rage info was a cover for Rage Against the Machine?

4 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Complete fantasy dreamland at this point but would love something like...

Tame Impala / The Strokes / Foals / My Chemical Romance

Rage Against the Machine / System of a Down / Royal Blood / Idles

Pearl Jam / The National / Pixies / Biffy Clyro

Bon Iver / Coldplay / Lana Del Rey / Vampire Weekend

If this would come to pass , count me in! Best line up since Woodstock 1969;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, everest said:

So it looks like Prophets of Rage will cancel summer tour

Screenshot_20191101-225403.png

Yes, maybe one of the reasons of the delay for Graspop. They were supposed to headline main stage 2 and close a day. 

I think this went very fast... The timing is very relevant. 

Curious what the future will bring us. Exciting times. 

More exciting than the new single of Dua Lipa, Live Nation Belgium was sharing her new video today. 

16 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yes, maybe one of the reasons of the delay for Graspop. They were supposed to headline main stage 2 and close a day. 

I think this went very fast... The timing is very relevant. 

Curious what the future will bring us. Exciting times. 

More exciting than the new single of Dua Lipa, Live Nation Belgium was sharing her new video today. 

My hope then is that RATM don't sign up to go play Graspop, but rather Werchter, that is if they come to Europe at all.

22 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I would like to know that , too.

Edit: Didn't they play a solo show in Belgium in 2008?

Looking at that year's lineup and given the fact they toured in EU that summer, my bet is that they should have played the Sunday perhaps ? (no disrespect to dEUS and Beck but that combo seems pretty weak to close the festival)

8 minutes ago, polnico said:

Looking at that year's lineup and given the fact they toured in EU that summer, my bet is that they should have played the Sunday perhaps ? (no disrespect to dEUS and Beck but that combo seems pretty weak to close the festival)

Good point! They weren't on tour during the first July weekend for whatever reason.

So dEUS could have been a replacement, but I don't get where these "bad feelings" seem to come from?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

What happened in 2008?

They didn't want to tour for more dan 2,5 weeks. And than take a break, and than come back.

So in 2008 Roskilde & Werchter were bidding against Pinkpop, RAR+RIP. They lost the bidding war. So RATM was gone before their weekend and back the weekend after. And in 2010 they lost again. 

9 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They didn't want to tour for more dan 2,5 weeks. And than take a break, and than come back.

So in 2008 Roskilde & Werchter were bidding against Pinkpop, RAR+RIP. They lost the bidding war. So RATM was gone before their weekend and back the weekend after. And in 2010 they lost again. 

Thank you, so it seems I got you wrong.

I thought RaTM had "bad feelings", but you meant the Rock Werchter crew instead?

But that wouldn't rule Graspop out if Live Nation needs a heavy headliner?

13 hours ago, polnico said:

2008 remains my favorite RW- lineup ever though.

Radiohead, R.E.M., Sigur Ros, Neil Young, The Verve, dEUS, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Jay-Z, Slayer, Raconteurs, Grinderman, Moby, The National, Gnarls Barkley, Justice, Underworld, Lenny Kravitz, Vampire Weekend,... Sweet sweet memories.

Considering 2018 is my second favorite RW- lineup, I'm looking forward to 2028. ?

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Radiohead, R.E.M., Sigur Ros, Neil Young, The Verve, dEUS, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Jay-Z, Slayer, Raconteurs, Grinderman, Moby, The National, Gnarls Barkley, Justice, Underworld, Lenny Kravitz, Vampire Weekend,... Sweet sweet memories.

Considering 2018 is my second favorite RW- lineup, I'm looking forward to 2028. ?

No doubt that this lineup was beautiful, but the Sunday just seems to lack this "big" closing headliner Werchter likes to have. Would have loved being there though haha! :D 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

2008 was a very good year (and my first Werchter experience), especially with Radiohead and Neil Young on the same line up=) My favourite line up though is 2009 with the likes of Bloc Party, Coldplay, Elbow,, Kings of Leon, Lady Gaga, Metallica,  Limp Bizkit, Oasis Nine Inch Nails, Nick Cave, Placebo, The Killers, Underworld, The Prodigy, Yeah yeah yeahs. Good times?

Edited by ParanoidTourist

RHCP semi-confirmed for Pinkpop. Seems a very strong possibility now for RW. I really hope they also chose some more refreshing headliners next year with PJ already semi-confirmed and RHCP, KOL being in the mix. 

Michael Kiwanuka released a very good album! With his sold-out AB show and a lot of airplay on the Belgian radio, I really hope for him on one of the higher Barn slots. 

39 minutes ago, EV123 said:

RHCP semi-confirmed for Pinkpop. Seems a very strong possibility now for RW. I really hope they also chose some more refreshing headliners next year with PJ already semi-confirmed and RHCP, KOL being in the mix. 

Michael Kiwanuka released a very good album! With his sold-out AB show and a lot of airplay on the Belgian radio, I really hope for him on one of the higher Barn slots. 

I would love to see RHCP next summer again, but so many people said, they won't tour eurpe before 2021.......we'll see.

Pearl Jam - Foo Fighters - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Kings of Leon/Twenty One Pilots would indeed be uninspired but by far the greatest Rock headline next season :D

It's fine seeing any band headline 6 times in 14 years if they are bringing something new to the table. However, if it is pretty much the same setlist of all the same classics again and again, after so long even the best band is going to wear you down unfortunately!

Be inspiring, be daring don't just spoonfeed the same things again and again! 

8 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

It's fine seeing any band headline 6 times in 14 years if they are bringing something new to the table. However, if it is pretty much the same setlist of all the same classics again and again, after so long even the best band is going to wear you down unfortunately!

Be inspiring, be daring don't just spoonfeed the same things again and again! 

Well, they probably have a new album by then.