Rock Werchter 2020

On 9/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, Kusy said:

Acts touring Europe around summer:

Dead Kennedys, Spiritualized, Yes feat. ARW, Band of Horses, Gesaffelstein, Glass Animals, Kesha, Of Monsters and Men, Deftones, Mastodon, Baroness, Faith No More, Mac de Marco, Bat for Lashes, Fink, Slow Pulp, OneRepublic, Wolfmother, Westlife, Haim, Norah Jones, Sohn, Mew, Primal Scream, Black Label Society, SOAD, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Meryfcul Fate, Down, Green Day, Peter Frampton, Gojira, Billie Eilish, Foo Fighters, Iggy Pop, Johnny Marr,

maybe Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, AC/DC

Still an important post...

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Some rumours are saying Springsteen is touring solo next year. Would make sense.

In that case I do not see him as a festival option, but it could be because of the album Western Stars. I do hope he gathers The E-Street Band though..

A user on Festileaks says that Mad Cool, Bospop and TW Classic will all cshare a headliner. As Bospop is a festival in the Netherlands with mostly older bands, I don't think that Coldplay fits this profile (capacity is also too small I suppose), which could mean that Coldplay won't play that fourth event at Werchter. This could increase the chance for Coldplay at RW, I fear. 

Off that list with names, I suppose that Glass Animals are nailed on as they still have to make up for their cancellation in 2017. 

6 hours ago, EV123 said:

A user on Festileaks says that Mad Cool, Bospop and TW Classic will all cshare a headliner. As Bospop is a festival in the Netherlands with mostly older bands, I don't think that Coldplay fits this profile (capacity is also too small I suppose), which could mean that Coldplay won't play that fourth event at Werchter. This could increase the chance for Coldplay at RW, I fear. 

Off that list with names, I suppose that Glass Animals are nailed on as they still have to make up for their cancellation in 2017. 

I think Bospop is too small compared to the other two.

Or maybe there is an act that is a Bospop Headliner, Sub at TW Classic and headlining the second stage at Mad Cool.

8 hours ago, EV123 said:

Someone else on Festileaks says there's no TW Classic in 2020. This year lots of people are saying they know things from the inside but clearly some of them are just talking shit.

1 hour ago, Boss89 said:

Someone else on Festileaks says there's no TW Classic in 2020. This year lots of people are saying they know things from the inside but clearly some of them are just talking shit.

That last one isn't claiming to be in the know though. He just took a look at the agreement about events on the Werchter site and concluded we've already reached the maximum. I cannot believe LN would drop their long running TWC event over 2 pop Boutiques though.

Edit: the news about a cancelled TW Classic is coming from a speculative news paper article. 

Edited by Dietediet
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

That last one isn't claiming to be in the know though. He just took a look at the agreement about events on the Werchter site and concluded we've already reached the maximum. I cannot believe LN would drop their long running TWC event over 2 pop Boutiques though.

Edit: the news about a cancelled TW Classic is coming from a speculative news paper article. 

Correct

Just heard the first track, Arabesque, from Coldplays forthcoming album. Fresh but familiar, got some Gorillaz vibe about it.

It has Stromae in it doing the French part. I think you can guarantee that Stromae will get out the office and drive up to do the live show if they play RW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scarnic said:

Just heard the first track, Arabesque, from Coldplays forthcoming album. Fresh but familiar, got some Gorillaz vibe about it.

It has Stromae in it doing the French part. I think you can guarantee that Stromae will get out the office and drive up to do the live show if they play RW.

IF Stromae's back is good news

IF the rest of the album is that way it is good news

• Upvote 2