Rock Werchter 2020

On 10/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, Jimmerz95 said:

Could anyone answer: Do we have any good rumors so far or are we still guessing out our arse?

Rammstein, Billie Eilish, Nick Cave, Taylor Swift and Queen + Adam Lambert are all certainly ruled out. Except from the names already mentioned, I also think Lana del Rey (new album seems to do really well in Belgium) and Vampire Weekend (playing a very small venue in Belgium + tour dates) are good contenders for the higher spots. And what will happen with GnR or AC/DC? I personally suspect AC/DC to do a stadium and GnR to not play Belgium. 

About Pearl Jam ... It's already more than 10 years ago they played an arena in Belgium. Isn't it time for them to play Sportpaleis again or maybe Stade Baudoin? 

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Pearl Jam literally played RW last year. 

2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2018 - 2020

I kind off like PJ bit this is ridiculous. Even Editors wouldn’t play RW this much. ?

Maybe an arena show? It’s been a while. 

Well. They have a pattern. Every two years. 2016 was also rumored to be planned, but canceled because of the Bataclan attack.

58 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Also heard from numerous sources PJ will be in Europe in June 2020. They are now too big for an arena show i think.

They mostly do arena shows in the Netherlands, for instance, instead of playing PP every 2 years. 

An indoor show in Belgium is long overdue. Last time they did that was 2006 (!). 

Quote from the forum:

„ The EU tour will be 12 cities, London (in July), Stockholm and Bologna the ones I know for sure, the album will come out April/May, the delay is due to the vinyl pressing delayed longer than expected.“

There‘s a Lollapalooza in Stockholm btw. Last edition was on the last weekend in June. Just saying.

After missing this years festival due to Glasto I'm almost certain I'll be returning next year, unless they absolutely bomb the line up.

Seems to be very late for announcements everywhere this year, but I'm hoping  rumours of The Strokes and The Black Keys being around next year ring true and they both make it to Belgium, it'll be four years since Tame Impala and Foals played as well so hopefully they make the bill too.

While the 'heavier' acts aren't my usual scene I have enjoyed seeing the likes of SOAD when I've been there, are there any rumours on that front yet?

https://www.rockol.it/news-708139/vasco-rossi-festival-a-imola-pearl-jam

This is a very strong rumour here in Italy. 

A shitty old Italian rocker could do his own festival and invite PJ. 

They were together on the bill at Heineken Jammin Festival 2007 I think. 

Edited by alan_ts

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Pearl Jam literally played RW last year. 

2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2018 - 2020

I kinda like PJ bit this is ridiculous. Even Editors wouldn’t play RW this much. ?

Maybe an arena show in Belgium? It’s been a while. 

Pearl Jam is the best selling act at Werchter these last 14 years.

They build their tour every time around Werchter and Ziggo Dome. A band like Pearl Jam needs that. 

It’s clear, if they tour in their period. They will play Werchter. No arena.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 2

I think they're more Graspop band. That festival also needs headliners. 2015 gig was a last-minute FF replacement. Sure it was great (for me as a fan at least) but despite Golden Circle moshpit were there actually a lot of people who knew more songs than Easy or Midlife Crises? I don't think so.

But I'd love to be wrong :)

3 minutes ago, heti said:

I think they're more Graspop band. That festival also needs headliners. 2015 gig was a last-minute FF replacement. Sure it was great (for me as a fan at least) but despite Golden Circle moshpit were there actually a lot of people who knew more songs than Easy or Midlife Crises? I don't think so.

But I'd love to be wrong :)

I’d say the opposite. They have a big crossover factor that matches better with the RW audience than the Graspop one. They also played a better show at RW.

FNM replacing FF is possibly the best replacement ever done by any festival ever. ID take FNM over Foos anytime. Patton is a beast live, and unlike Grohl doesn’t feel the urge to chit chat for 30min...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I’d say the opposite. They have a big crossover factor that matches better with the RW audience than the Graspop one. They also played a better show at RW.

FNM replacing FF is possibly the best replacement ever done by any festival ever. ID take FNM over Foos anytime. Patton is a beast live, and unlike Grohl doesn’t feel the urge to chit chat for 30min...

But they did originally choose to play Graspop that year... Depends on what they demand these days: playing second fiddle to a bigger act (as they would either sub or be the smaller coheadliner) at RW or closing the day on MS2 at GMM.

IMO they'd make an ideal Barn headliner. Completely tearing off the roof for about 20k fans, rather than playing for a half empty field at the Main Stage.

Edited by Dietediet

12 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

IMO they'd make an ideal Barn headliner. Completely tearing off the roof for about 20k fans

The Nine Inch Nails method, I see. A rather excellent choice, sir.

That would be otherworldly. They seem a bit too big for The Barn though. Bigger than NiN. They had a big (and surprisingly good!) crowd at RW15 though. What a great evening.

Edited by lighthouse

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Nine Inch Nails method, I see. A rather excellent choice, sir.

That would be otherworldly. They seem a bit too big for The Barn though. Bigger than NiN. They had a big (and surprisingly good!) crowd at RW15 though. What a great evening.

But then I wonder to what extent it was linked to a "we're here now, might as well check that replacement headliner" mentality. Heck, they've dared to put Pixies and Tame Impala in a smaller Barn, why not give it a shot?  

NIN was brilliant in that tent. Could see FNM be about the same, although they'll never top that PKP09 show (still in my top 10 ever).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

But then I wonder to what extent it was linked to a "we're here now, might as well check that replacement headliner" mentality. Heck, they've dared to put Pixies and Tame Impala in a smaller Barn, why not give it a shot?  

NIN was brilliant in that tent. Could see FNM be about the same, although they'll never top that PKP09 show (still in my top 10 ever).

I feel you.

I'd rather have RW grow a pair and put them on that main stage though. They're 10 times the live act a (in my opinion: quite dull) Foo Fighters is. But having them play in the Barn would be great too, sure.

Edited by lighthouse