Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Hello people , 

This is going to be my first year at RW, I'm Portuguese and I'm already tired of the Nos Alive Festival. They decided to bring Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish so it was the last straw not to go and decide to go outside my parents so I chose RW.
I wish you would help, is sleeping at the festival in the rental tents a good idea?

I recommend The Hive Resort too

32 minutes ago, Werchter Veteran said:

The Hive Resort is fantastic !

@lighthouse Dua Lipa & Coldplay on the main & Bon Iver or Thom Yorke or The Pixies e.g. on the same time in the Barn and hell is not looking that bad to me ?

Then we have a deal. 

Yorke pls. 

But I do hope for more interesting headliners/main stage acts next year. This year was really lacking. 

Edited by lighthouse

13 hours ago, brightside23 said:

A current and perhaps overly optimistic prediction/wishlist:

The Offspring - Foals - Dua Lipa - Coldplay
Deftones - Twenty One Pilots - The Strokes - Tool
Korn - Post Malone - Tame Impala
Royal Blood - System of a Down - Pearl Jam

I think 4/5 from the list Offspring, Deftones, Tool, Korn and System Of A Down will play Graspop this year. And The other (being Tool) are probably not doing European festivals. Don't think Offspring and Korn will ever play RW again to be honest. 

36 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

I think 4/5 from the list Offspring, Deftones, Tool, Korn and System Of A Down will play Graspop this year. And The other (being Tool) are probably not doing European festivals. Don't think Offspring and Korn will ever play RW again to be honest. 

That's a bummer. Did anything happen last time Offspring and Korn played?

Tool is entirely a personal wish as I missed them this year. 

Edited by brightside23

24 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

That's a bummer. Did anything happen last time Offspring and Korn played?

Nope, just don't think Korn fit RW anymore. Not the genre they book apart from huge bands such as System Of A Down. And they have a very good connection with Graspop so they'll always go to Graspop isntead of RW. The Offspring has been playing a Belgian festival for more than 6 years in a row (and I expect them to do a 7th this year, probably Graspop)... So everybody has seen them by now, they barely play their new stuff, so they tend to go to smaller festivals (such as Lokerse Feesten, Rock Zottegem or dour) these days.

On Festileaks, somebody claims that Live Nation (rock werchter) have put Metallica on Graspop as a gift.

False information. Just like the information that Metallica’s extra demands cancelled their deals in the past.

One time, 2004, Herman wanted to put Metallica on Graspop. They had them the year before. The band refused. Their is one festival in Belgium for them, their favourite: Rock Werchter. Don’t forget that they can play for a bigger crowd in Werchter, the capacity of the field before the main stage is smaller in Graspop. That is an important ego thing for a band.

Normally no Metallica summer 2020. But that was the plan Some time ago. The rehab has nothing to do with it. The voice of James is the problem.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

On Festileaks, somebody claims that Live Nation (rock werchter) have put Metallica on Graspop as a gift.

False information. Just like the information that Metallica’s extra demands cancelled their deals in the past.

One time, 2004, Herman wanted to put Metallica on Graspop. They had them the year before. The band refused. Their is one festival in Belgium for their favourite: Rock Werchter. Don’t forget that they can play for a bigger crowd in Werchter, the capacity of the field before the main stage is smaller in Graspop. That is an important ego thing for a band.

Normally no Metallica summer 2020. But that was the plan Some time ago. The rehab has nothing to do with it. The voice of James is the problem.

I think that Metallica also played Pukkelpop in the past.

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, TJGthree said:

Thinking of trying RW for the first time. Looks great, would definitely try for one of those Hive resort packages. 

When do tickets usually go on sale? Is this a Glasto type situation where you need to buy them immediately? 

With the first announced names usually. Sometime this month, maybe even this week. It doesn't sell out in months, not sure about The Hive packages tho

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

With the first announced names usually. Sometime this month, maybe even this week. It doesn't sell out in months, not sure about The Hive packages tho

Thank you 

Sounds good, certainly lots of good names being mentioned on this thread. I’ll keep my eye out for the line up. 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:07 AM, visdave34 said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/music/coldplay-set-sensational-comeback-brand-20532975

I wonder if there will be festival shows when they decide to tour again. Glasto seems like a shoe-in. 

He told NME: “They haven’t written a Kid A yet ( Radiohead ’s so-called experimental LP) where their entire fanbase goes, ‘What the f ** k is this?’”

Oh I like the idea of a more lo-fi coldplay album.