Rock Werchter 2020

On 9/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, Karlos12345 said:

Any news on that? Did the tour come to fruition? Announcement imminent?

They said on the recent JRE podcast, that Las Vegas might be their last festival in a long time and they sell merch stating „The Black Keys -Let‘s Rock- World Tour“.

So no festivals but (hopefully) a spring EU tour.

Well dammit...

“For now, the focus is on the touring road ahead. The Black Keys have 28 shows left on a schedule that will take them into November, and while Carney and Auerbach are still contemplating their 2020 plans, they say they're definitely scaling back the touring pace that dominated their lives for so many years.“

"I would say that if you're in Europe, you might want to book a ticket to Detroit," Auerbach says with a laugh. "Because I think we're going to keep the touring very simple and very North American-focused for the moment." 

Source

So, looking at these solo SOAD solo dates (and NO Belgian date so far): 

JUN 16 Czech Republic, Prague
JUN 17 Hungary, Budapest
JUN 19 Zurich, Switzerland
JUN 23 Stockholm, Sweden

Either they'll play 4 gigs in 5 days (including Hellfest & Graspop because this gap is perfect for those two fests)....or we can expect them at Werchter after their gigs in Spain & Portugal. What do You guys think ? Graspop od Werchter ? 

I think there’s still a chance they’ll play RW. 

Though it feels much more logical to have them play Graspop, who’ll celebrate their 25th birthday. Considering they won’t release any new material (again), a possible show at RW would seem a bit pointless. RW has/had a bad reputation of     letting headliners return too quickly, but they seem to be working on that.

Letting SOAD play GMM would shake things up nicely for both festivals.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I think there’s still a chance they’ll play RW. 

Though it feels much more logical to have them play Graspop, who’ll celebrate their 25th birthday. Considering they won’t release any new material (again), a possible show at RW would seem a bit pointless. RW has/had a bad reputation of     letting headliners return too quickly, but they seem to be working on that.

Letting SOAD play GMM would shake things up nicely for both festivals.

Like Pinkpop was celebrating their 50 year anniversary. You have to put the best line up possible every year, not only on special birthdays. That is nothing that has something to do with it. 

Both festivals are possible, nothing more, nothing less. And all the speculation or arguments are having nothing to do with it. SOAD is a interesting option for both Graspop (they don't need them to sell out) and Werchter (a guarantee on day ticket sales, and fans of that band are good for the drankstands).

A deal is not just if they fit better on that festival. A lot of things are making the game. If they play Graspop or RW, we will know it (very?) soon. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, heti said:

So, looking at these solo SOAD solo dates (and NO Belgian date so far): 

JUN 16 Czech Republic, Prague
JUN 17 Hungary, Budapest
JUN 19 Zurich, Switzerland
JUN 23 Stockholm, Sweden

Either they'll play 4 gigs in 5 days (including Hellfest & Graspop because this gap is perfect for those two fests)....or we can expect them at Werchter after their gigs in Spain & Portugal. What do You guys think ? Graspop od Werchter ? 

hellfest and rock werchter makes more sense based on that schedule 

Hi

Long time reader, First time poster.

As every year, really looking forward to the speculation who the headliners will be next summer.
Almost every year you have begin september already an idea about 2 or 3 bands that will almost certainly play the festival.
This year however we are already oktober & i don't have a clue !

SOAD will surely play GMM, i'm almost certain of that, but for me last time was an absolutely fantastic set so i won't have a problem to see them again.

I guess, the time is now here for the topfestivals to really start announcing the big ones and we will soon know more ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, santowhir said:

A name I've not heard is Gorillaz, rumours of yet another new album in early 2020 and Damon Albarn seems to always show an appearance whenever he has an album out. They seem to go down pretty well in 2018.

Think Damon will be focused on this next year: http://www.raindogprod.com/artiste/the-nearer-the-fountain-more-pure-the-stream-flows/

I think with Coldplay & Dua Lipa that's Thursday sorted as you can see how they've been trying to attract a younger audience for the Thursday lately, maybe it could be convenience aswell but it's noticeable. I can see them putting something like Pixies against Coldplay in the Barn.

• Upvote 1

Hello people , 

This is going to be my first year at RW, I'm Portuguese and I'm already tired of the Nos Alive Festival. They decided to bring Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish so it was the last straw not to go and decide to go outside my parents so I chose RW.
I wish you would help, is sleeping at the festival in the rental tents a good idea?

9 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Hello people , 

This is going to be my first year at RW, I'm Portuguese and I'm already tired of the Nos Alive Festival. They decided to bring Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish so it was the last straw not to go and decide to go outside my parents so I chose RW.
I wish you would help, is sleeping at the festival in the rental tents a good idea?

Daniel, you are welcome to join the RW family.

In tents is perfect. Both rental and bringing your own.

Good facilities on site. Connections to the main cities is free in Belgium (bus and train) before,during and after the festival. Best of all Belgian beer and frites.

Edited by Scarnic

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

I think with Coldplay & Dua Lipa that's Thursday sorted as you can see how they've been trying to attract a younger audience for the Thursday lately, maybe it could be convenience aswell but it's noticeable. I can see them putting something like Pixies against Coldplay in the Barn.

Dua Lipa followed by Coldplay. My day in hell.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Hello people , 

The Hive Resort is pretty great. You get your tent set up before you arrive and the tents are bigger than what I expected + they include air beds. In the area you get a nice breakfast place/bar, showers, clean toilets, lockers, sockets etc. I would definitely recommend it especially if you are trying to avoid carrying a tent to the festival.