Rock Werchter 2020

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I don’t think Herman will try it again. 2011 was not the most happy show from Iron Maiden. Such a shame, Herman has a very good relationship with the agent and management of Maiden.

If they are trying it again, they have to combine it with an other Metal headliner. 

Volbeat/SOAD - Iron Maiden... Would be nice though ? 

32 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I don’t think Herman will try it again. 2011 was not the most happy show from Iron Maiden. Such a shame, Herman has a very good relationship with the agent and management of Maiden.

If they are trying it again, they have to combine it with an other Metal headliner. 

What happened in 2011? I only knew about Pukkelpop tragedy

4 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

What happened in 2011? I only knew about Pukkelpop tragedy

They played after Grinderman and before Black Eyed Peas, A-track played between the last 2 to cover the massive stage brake down and build up. Most of their set was in daylight and somebody in the audience used a laser to shine in the eyes of Bruce and co, which annoyed him very much. 

2 hours ago, Jefferke said:

They played after Grinderman and before Black Eyed Peas, A-track played between the last 2 to cover the massive stage brake down and build up. Most of their set was in daylight and somebody in the audience used a laser to shine in the eyes of Bruce and co, which annoyed him very much. 

So wait, it was something like

Nick Cave - A Trak - Iron Maiden - A Trak - Black Eyed Peas?

Jesus, that sounds painful

4 hours ago, johnybegood said:

I remember Pukkelpop placing Iron Maiden between Blink 182 and Placebo. Maybe the most random  headliner combo of all times?

One of the most boring headline sets I've seen.  No Run to the Hills or Bring your daughter etc So disappointing. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2010/domein-kiewit-hasselt-belgium-3d58d5f.html

19 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Isn’t SOAD now out based on Portuguese and Spanish dates?

I wouldn't count them out just yet, Werchter is from the 2 to 5th, while the Spanish fest is from the 1st to the 4th and the Portuguese is the 2nd and 3rd, so i'd say they still are a possibility for the Saturday or the Sunday, if GMM doesn't book them.

13 hours ago, arcuse said:

SOAD fits. But then again.. Who's gonna play GMM if RW steals two potential headliners..

Well there's Volbeat, Tool, Judas Priest, Korn, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Metallica and Faith No More as rumours. Then again there's probably stuff touring we don't even know yet... Marilyn Manson? Avenged Sevenfold? Motley Crue? Prophets Of Rage,...?  

On 8/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ken19 said:

The Black Keys are planning to make up their canceled arena tour. The deals are not done, but is a work in progress. Not the big arena’s. In Belgium Vorst for example.

they prefer that before doing festivals, they are realistic and not ready to headline... what doesn’t mean that Some promotors are really lobbying to get them on their festival, was already the case for This summer. What didn’t work out (and they could earl a lot of money, but they said no). Never say never.

Any news on that? Did the tour come to fruition? Announcement imminent?

They said on the recent JRE podcast, that Las Vegas might be their last festival in a long time and they sell merch stating „The Black Keys -Let‘s Rock- World Tour“.

So no festivals but (hopefully) a spring EU tour.

20 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Soooo, Iron Maiden together with System of A Down? :) Count me in!

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That would be too much metal for RW. Hope they mix things up a bit, to they satisfy more types of festival goers. This year the combi tickets didn't sell out because of this, I think.

With P!nk as huge pop headliner, Tool as a metal act, The Cure as 'old band', Muse as the 'big rock headliner' and Florence and Mumford as alt headliners, I personally thought it was quite diverse. And the undercard was pretty diverse too. The problem with this year's headliners was that some of these headliners have been seen a lot recently I think.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend (that's not a joke either) that Coldplay are gearing up for festivals next year and they are playing "six or seven of the big ones" in Europe in summer 2020.

Would be nice actually! I saw them in Werchter in 2009 and it was awesome:)

Just talking with my friend and we've come up with Tame impala, bon iver, strokes, red hot chilli peppers, twenty one pilots, post Malone with wishful thinking of Coldplay (mentions of them) Eminem apparently close to touring last year , Kayne west doubtful but new album out. Can't think of any rock band that could headline mind

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Coldplay would be awful. Hope they stay very, very far away. And I think they will.

Where does this Coldplay hate everywhere actually come from?

I mean, sure their output in the last ten years wasn't that great but they're still very good live and they haven't played here for a very long time.

But as you already said it's hard to believe that they are going to play festivals in europe next summer because this rumour comes up basically every year but never seems to become true in the end....

9 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Coldplay would be awful. Hope they stay very, very far away. And I think they will.

If Herman has the chance to book them for RW or one of his day festivals ... he would not think twice. 

Werchter was the first festival in Europe, not UK, that put Coldplay high on their line up (co headliner 2002, only with parachutes), that is something that the agent and management of the band still remembers...

• Upvote 1