Rock Werchter 2020

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Ow, that's too bad!

I think they need the darkness even more with their new lightshow.

Yes, they do. 

I was at that gig in Madrid 18 and I wasn't impressed that much (not knowing them that well), so I went without a single tear shed to the other stage waiting for Pearl Jam, and I was kind of sure I was okay with that experience and Tame Impala was just not my kind of band.

Than I saw King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard at Sziget the very same year and I was like "mmmmmh maybe with a better setting..." 

And then I saw on youtube the live at Glasto this year and I was pretty sure I watched a different band playing a different show.

19 hours ago, johnybegood said:

I was in that concert and first 20 or 25 minutes they didnt play in the dark. 

Check the vídeo: 

That video doesn't justice to the sky at all cuz I was there aswell (check when the person taking the video turns back to watch the crowd for a better understanding). The sun was already down when they started for starters and it got darker by the minute (check the video 5 mins in) and you'll see the difference. The sunset-spot that had bands like Nick Cave or Arcade Fire playing in previous years gave shows in near daylight for most of their show and played in full darkness in the last 5/10 mins or so, which is not ideal. They'll probably close the day after some band like RHCP (who allowed Editors behind them in 2016).

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

That video doesn't justice to the sky at all cuz I was there aswell (check when the person taking the video turns back to watch the crowd for a better understanding). The sun was already down when they started for starters and it got darker by the minute (check the video 5 mins in) and you'll see the difference. The sunset-spot that had bands like Nick Cave or Arcade Fire playing in previous years gave shows in near daylight for most of their show and played in full darkness in the last 5/10 mins or so, which is not ideal. They'll probably close the day after some band like RHCP (who allowed Editors behind them in 2016).

They booked Editors first, Blur was supposed to play before them. Blur cancelled their summer plans. They contacted RHCP if they want to fill the gap. They did. The contract with Editors was already signed, and closing the day was in that contract. So no, allowed is not the correct definition. Werchter had the luck RHCP wanted to fill that gap. 

They announced as only festival RHCP some time later. The other festivals came all together with RHCP a few weeks earlier. 

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

So no, allowed is not the correct definition. Werchter had the luck RHCP wanted to fill that gap. 

Gotcha, okay. Otherwise RHCP would've probably asked to close, I assume?

With Albarn releasing a new project next year, I don't have high hopes for Blur but who knows. The guy released a second Gorillaz album whilst he was on tour with Humanz.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Looking at the Facebook page, Firenze are announcing for the 11th June. Greenday already have shows 10th 13th and 14th. Is it likely they'll do 4 shows in 5 days?

It's unlikely but not unknown. Plus, the show on the 10th is in Milan so very little travelling involved.