Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

I’ts way too early for Pearl Jam. They played last year...

Herman will never be in doubt about Pearl Jam. Best selling act they can book from the last years. Their day is always sold out, a pearl jam fan spends a lot of money at the festival, their fans are very loyal.

they build their summer tour always around 2 things: Rock Werchter and the Ziggo Dome. The other promotors in Europe are knowing that.

But at This moment, Pearl Jam is an option to tour in Europe but not certain yet. That will be more clear in the next weeks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Herman will never be in doubt about Pearl Jam. Best selling act they can book from the last years. Their day is always sold out, a pearl jam fan spends a lot of money at the festival, their fans are very loyal.

they build their summer tour always around 2 things: Rock Werchter and the Ziggo Dome. The other promotors in Europe are knowing that.

But at This moment, Pearl Jam is an option to tour in Europe but not certain yet. That will be more clear in the next weeks.

16 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

The Strokes/Foals/Vampire Weekend

Bon Iver/Tame Impala/Modest Mouse

Pearl Jam/The National/Pixies

The Black Keys/Royal Blood/The Raconteurs

So we can say that

A] Pearl Jam is not the correct name in the quoted list, but IF, and only if, they will actually be touring in Europe in Summer 2020, their presence as headliner is close to be a no-brainer

B] My money on Tame Impala, but I believe we gonna get at least  Foals, Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver too (if touring), with Foals and VW being sub-headliners (so third down) and Bon Iver headliner

57 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

So we can say that

A] Pearl Jam is not the correct name in the quoted list, but IF, and only if, they will actually be touring in Europe in Summer 2020, their presence as headliner is close to be a no-brainer

B] My money on Tame Impala, but I believe we gonna get at least  Foals, Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver too (if touring), with Foals and VW being sub-headliners (so third down) and Bon Iver headliner

I don't think "one name is correct" refers to Tame Impala. With their visual show they should really be the last act of their day, playing in the dark. My guess for the correct name is either Bon Iver or Vampire Weekend. Besides from some names are not in the right spot, I think some names will definitely play Rock Werchter this summer (The Black Keys, Tame Impala, Bon Iver, Royal Blood, Pixies).

16 hours ago, Ken19 said:

At least one name is correct ;-)...

but you put Some names too high

What can you tell about non-rock acts? P!nk sold really well despite the program-fiasco, people were lyrical about pop acts like Robyn, Janelle Monae, Angèle and even Kylie Minogue and Rosalia got a lot of good press whilst rap acts were basically non-existent on this year's line up.

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

So we can say that

Keyword is 'atleast' which implies more than one correct. ;) 

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

What can you tell about non-rock acts? P!nk sold really well despite the program-fiasco, people were lyrical about pop acts like Robyn, Janelle Monae, Angèle and even Kylie Minogue and Rosalia got a lot of good press whilst rap acts were basically non-existent on this year's line up.

A decent pop act is always welcome in Werchter... Rosalia or that girl from Kosovo for example

Edited by Ken19

11 hours ago, lighthouse said:

And people claim Editors is their house band.

Pearl Jam: 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2018 = 5 times in 12 years

Editors: 2006 - 2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016 = 6 times in 11 years

Kings Of Leon: 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2013 - 2014 - 2017 = 7 times in 11 years !!!!WE'VE GOT A WINNER!!!!

6 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Kings Of Leon: 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2013 - 2014 - 2017 = 7 times in 11 years !!!!WE'VE GOT A WINNER!!!!

That's pretty unusal for big festivals to have the same artist play 3 times in a row. Is there any story behind this?

27 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Kaiser Chiefs: Hold my beer.

2006-2007-2008-2009-2011-2016

16 minutes ago, mln said:

That's pretty unusal for big festivals to have the same artist play 3 times in a row. Is there any story behind this?

2007 and 2008 they were just a small band getting a bit more recogition. Would be the same as Nathaniel rateliff playing 2 years in a row (for example). Then  in 2009 they were huge all of the sudden because of 'Sex On Fire' and 'Use Somebody'. So they probably asked them back as headliner because 1) they wouldn't miss out while they were booming and all other festivals would have the band with the number 1 hit of the year. 2) They can marketing this as, 'we had them before and KNEW they were going to be huge, so now they're back for the 3rd time headlining'. 

That's very good marketing if a band is huge and you can say we knew they were going to be huge one day that's why we booked them in the past. This makes people think RW is ahead of its time and everyone loves to say "I saw band X before they were huge at 3 in the afternoon"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mln said:

New album in 2007. Finally achieving real success in Belgium with that album, so invited back in 2008 to do better than a spot at noon. Then out of nowhere they blew up with Sex on Fire/Use Somebody, so inevitable as a headliner in 2009.

Matches with what Kusy said. Europe is in talks. Eddie already said on stage in Amsterdam that he might be back with the band in 2020. I think it all depends on their progress with the new album.

Regarding the Black Keys: Kusy, do you know whether they are not an option anymore or never have been? There‘s an interview in a UK magazine from a few months ago, where a EU tour has been teased. According to the interview Dan wasn‘t keen touring outside the US but has been overruled. Hopefully it‘s still on, just not during the festival season.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Matches with what Kusy said. Europe is in talks. Eddie already said on stage in Amsterdam that he might be back with the band in 2020. I think it all depends on their progress with the new album.

Regarding the Black Keys: Kusy, do you know whether they are not an option anymore or never have been? There‘s an interview in a UK magazine from a few months ago, where a EU tour has been teased. According to the interview Dan wasn‘t keen touring outside the US but has been overruled. Hopefully it‘s still on, just not during the festival season.

It's a strange thing with TBK. Thought that they gonna play Europe 100%. Maybe not in the summer/ or festivals. Will update if anything new arises. 

• Upvote 1

The Black Keys are planning to make up their canceled arena tour. The deals are not done, but is a work in progress. Not the big arena’s. In Belgium Vorst for example.

they prefer that before doing festivals, they are realistic and not ready to headline... what doesn’t mean that Some promotors are really lobbying to get them on their festival, was already the case for This summer. What didn’t work out (and they could earl a lot of money, but they said no). Never say never.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Boss89 said:

Made me laugh that we haven't seen Kings of Leon at RW for 2 years and they still have the "Winners" position. Not that I'm a fan of their 'static' shows.

Real possibility of Foals this year now they will release part 2 of the new CD in October. Also new music from Sam Smith will get him a slot in the Barn. Long shot- Sam Fender.