Rock Werchter 2020

7 minutes ago, xydroh said:

they didn't just play Graspop, They completely tore the stage down. If bands like tool, system of a down, metallica and rammstein are very well received why wouldn't slipknot? I wouldn't mind slipknot headlining

That's well said :)

I'd say it's just bit more "aggressive" than the bands you mention, but for sure I wouldn't mind them on RW. I'm sure they can pull it off.

2 minutes ago, Nomen said:

That's well said :)

I'd say it's just bit more "aggressive" than the bands you mention, but for sure I wouldn't mind them on RW. I'm sure they can pull it off.

heck parkway drive was able to pull it off this year, they had a good portion of the crowd going with them and they're even heavier than slipknot.

3 hours ago, polnico said:

So you're saying no chance of Slipknot at Werchter ? ?

No... when such band is touring in that period, and you know that Graspop has problems to find decent headliners...

exception was system of a down, but Graspop turned that down (not because they didn’t want to have them, but because they already had their 3 headliners: Ozzy, Kiss, avenged sevenfold). But when soad was booked for Werchter, Kiss and avenged canceled their performances. Herman S pushed Rammstein to do an extra festivaltour, Graspop saved :-)...

what a succes Soad on RW... everybody in the organisation was so positive about it.

42 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No... when such band is touring in that period, and you know that Graspop has problems to find decent headliners...

exception was system of a down, but Graspop turned that down (not because they didn’t want to have them, but because they already had their 3 headliners: Ozzy, Kiss, avenged sevenfold). But when soad was booked for Werchter, Kiss and avenged canceled their performances. Herman S pushed Rammstein to do an extra festivaltour, Graspop saved :-)...

what a succes Soad on RW... everybody in the organisation was so positive about it.

For once, I hope you're wrong (even though I doubt it haha...) ! Thanks for the explanation then ! 

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Ozzy was Graspop 2018, SOAD RW 2017?

I think that if Pearl Jam have a new album that they could be a contender to play at another Werchter event or maybe Boudewijnstadium. It's already a long time ago that they played a show in Belgium apart from Rock Werchter!

Foo Fighters with a new album could also play another Werchter event I think (Classic). 

10 minutes ago, everest said:

Dimitri, insider from pearl jam forum. 

My prediction is that they will tour Australia/NZ/USA

Screenshot_20190826-182955.png

Exciting news! Tip to save money definitely makes it sound like they might be playing further afield so you might be right with your tour predictions there. Fingers crossed for something in Europe regardless!

Where would Pixies and Modest Mouse be likely to play on the lineup? Pixies already have announced new music and Modest Mouse have released a couple of new songs and seem active with their US tour with the Black Keys. 

Wishlist lineup would probably look something like this...

The Strokes/Foals/Vampire Weekend

Bon Iver/Tame Impala/Modest Mouse

Pearl Jam/The National/Pixies

The Black Keys/Royal Blood/The Raconteurs

Not that diverse so quite unrealistic and unsure of how some band's placements might translate over to Belgian festivals, but next year looks like it could have a really promising lineup!

Edited by BlackFoxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Where would Pixies and Modest Mouse be likely to play on the lineup? Pixies already have announced new music and Modest Mouse have released a couple of new songs and seem active with their US tour with the Black Keys. 

Not that diverse so quite unrealistic and unsure of how some band's placements might translate over to Belgian festivals, but next year looks like it could have a really promising lineup!

I'd be over the moon with this  !

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

To answer your question about Pixies and Modest Mouse. I don't think that Modest Mouse is big enough to sub and I think that Pixies is more likely to headline the Barn or another festival in Belgium. 

Dream line-up. Only misses a female act for me like Lorde or Lana! Placings are also not that realistic I'm afraid. TBK is not big enough to close down the Main Stage, while Tame Impala should close down the Main Stage with their light show (I just hope that the small crowd at PKP doesn't affect their headline show)!  

Very curious about Bon Iver's new arena show, which kicks off next Saturday! It's made for the bigger stages, so I hope that RW's Main Stage will be one of them ? 

If this list (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyWyQzgxfYnqSzoIZqLlWK9tTmlrfyMtx1vF9CxhP1XisrxA/viewform) from Benicassim shows touring acts for next year I'm quite sure that Sam Smith and/or Imagine Dragons will somehow be on the line-up next year as pop-oriented acts. 

Once again a few placements are probably off but what do people make of the following lineup?

The XX - The Strokes - Lorde - The Raconteurs - Wolf Alice - The Hives - Fontaines D.C.

Tame Impala - Foals - Vampire Weekend - Catfish and the Bottlemen - Courtney Barnett - Bloc Party - Metronomy

Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Biffy Clyro - Cage the Elephant - Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Idles - Dinosaur Pile-Up

Bon Iver - The Black Keys - Lana Del Rey - Chance the Rapper - Death Cab for Cutie - Yo Lo Tengo - Sharon Van Etten

Edited by BlackFoxx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

At least one name is correct ;-)...

but you put Some names too high

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Once again a few placements are probably off but what do people make of the following lineup?

The XX - The Strokes - Lorde - The Raconteurs - Wolf Alice - The Hives - Fontaines D.C.

Tame Impala - Foals - Vampire Weekend - Catfish and the Bottlemen - Courtney Barnett - Bloc Party - Metronomy

Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Biffy Clyro - Cage the Elephant - Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Idles - Dinosaur Pile-Up

Bon Iver - The Black Keys - Lana Del Rey - Chance the Rapper - Death Cab for Cutie - Yo Lo Tengo - Sharon Van Etten

I feel like Lana Del Rey is way too big for  3rd down on main stage, either she Headlines main (which might be weird at werchter not sure about this) or the Barn (probably is too big for this too though so really hard to tell). For Pearl Jam, I think it's too early for them to come back, but who knows.