Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

What gap are you even seeing , only one day in-between two different German locations. Unfortunately won't play with a Belgium show aswell :(

An article I read didn’t state all the dates. I’ve checked now yeah, very unlikely. Sorry about that. 

I actually have no clue now who will do it... 

45 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

No need to apologise :) the only headline size bands i can think ATM is tame impala and black keys

If they're headline material for RW then I don't know this festival anymore. Black Keys were (IMO) utterly boring in 2014 and I always thought Tame Impala could headline The Barn at the most or be some sort of a dance/late night act.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Hoping for Tame Impala, The National, Royal Blood, Slaves, Idles, Fontaines D.C. ,Parcels, Foals, Vampire Weekend, Calexico, Grace Jones, SONS, The Raconteurs, and Lizzo at a better spot. But no idea who's touring in 2020.

Could go for Coldplay if their around next year.

4 hours ago, polnico said:

Just made my yearly clashfinder prediction/wishlist, let me know what you think about it  !

https://clashfinder.com/s/rw2020/

Courtney Barnett and Low should be higher imo. Also I have my doubts about Slipknot and I expect at least one of those big headliners that can carry a day on its own. But other than that you did a great job, I would actually really like this lineup, refreshing set of headliners, good size subs and great undercard. 

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Coldplay would like to do a festivaltour. But organisers are afraid they are too big for their festival.

Would that be a problem for werchter? They've had the "metallica" day or the "pink" day before where the public is obviously there for only one band.

4 hours ago, xydroh said:

Would that be a problem for werchter? They've had the "metallica" day or the "pink" day before where the public is obviously there for only one band.

Werchter was one of the few organisers with a solution... Coldplay on another event of them

On 7/19/2019 at 9:16 PM, thewayiam said:

One day is really good but it's actually a bit boring for me compared to this year.

I like your sunday lineup but I'm afraid that's too much heavy bands for one day. Would love it tho, while she sleeps, polaris, frank carter, architects, enter shikari, prophets of rage all in succession is madness.

46 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

This year's lineup was the least exciting one in years. Too much been there done that headliners (you know, the Muses and Mumfords). The headliners in this prediction (Bon Iver, Kendrick Lamar, Slipknot, The Strokes, Tame Impala, Lorde) would at least be be more refreshing and exciting, albeit a bit small-ish.

Doesn't help if you're only bothered by one though majorly. It wasn't great don't get me wrong but then line-up wise this one in question isn't for me, I did at least have a few that I'd make a lot of effort to see this year for the ticket price.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:56 PM, polnico said:

Just made my yearly clashfinder prediction/wishlist, let me know what you think about it  !

https://clashfinder.com/s/rw2020/

Amazing line-up, which will - unfortunately - never happen. It misses a big headliner like Metallica or PJ (those are most likely, I think) and Lorde is too small in Belgium to headline I'm afraid (she only sold half of Lotto Arena, which is 8k capacity). 

dEUS & Goose will definitely not play in klubc, at least it will be The Barn, but probably Main Stage. Goose is releasing a new album next year, so they are definitely a contender to take one of the higher Belgian spots next year! The Strokes will only play if they can close down, I suppose. I don't think that RHCP will close down a day at RW, I can see them in a co-headline combination with Tame Impala, in which Tame Impala would close down the Main Stage. 

On a side note: Chances for Slipknot are growing a little bit  now they announced a European tour without Belgian date!