Rock Werchter 2020

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Next edition will take place from 02.07. - 05.07.2020

May bets are:

Thu: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Oscar & the Wolf

Fri: The Strokes - Imagine Dragons

Sat: Green Day - Volbeat

Sun: Kings of Leon - Tame Impala

Editors could be in the mix as well.....

That would be super weak, tho... I reckon that next year will have more interesting name than the one that is passing

Werchter won't get a clashing weekend with Glastonbury next year as they are holding it the week before Werchter. 

Although it's hard to say if Werchter lost out on any acts that didn't or couldn't play both in the same weekend.

3 hours ago, Scarnic said:

Werchter won't get a clashing weekend with Glastonbury next year as they are holding it the week before Werchter. 

Although it's hard to say if Werchter lost out on any acts that didn't or couldn't play both in the same weekend.

You'd have to wonder if Chemical Bros/Vampire Weekend etc might have been at Werchter otherwise. 

Too bad..

I know you're not going to tell us the names that have already been booked, I wouldn't ask for it, the guessing is fun ;). But I wonder, if you want to tell us of course, are YOU satisfied with the names who are "deal done" until now?

Edited by RubenFrusciante

13 hours ago, RubenFrusciante said:

Too bad..

I know you're not going to tell us the names that have already been booked, I wouldn't ask for it, the guessing is fun ;). But I wonder, if you want to tell us of course, are YOU satisfied with the names who are "deal done" until now?

Yes and no. Werchter needs bands that can attract 88k people a day. Not easy to find them. Even Muse is not a guarantee to sell out anymore. 

20 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Rhcp is not a number 1 option anymore. 

If RHCP are no longer a valid option for Rock Werchter (they seemed o be always a safe pick for me),  there have to be A LOT of big artists around in early July 2020, which I think can't be the case, because all major festivals complain about not finding enough strong headliners.

I assume Muse and Mumford & Sons will do a regular festival next year, so they are no option for us in 2020, too.

The "problem" (if there was any) with the 2019 edition was in my opinion, that the thursday didn't fit the rest of the billing and the lack of more stronger undercard names. With homogeneously headliners and better middle size bands the 2020 edition should work a lot better.

@Muse day didn't sell out:  I don't know how much Muse concert tickets cost nowadays in Belgium or the Netherlands, but it has to be less than in Germany (starting at 95 €), so I can understand if someone wouldn't spend 100+ € on a single day ticket just to see Muse with no other interesting acts on the same day besides New Order and Underworld who were playing at the same time

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

If RHCP are no longer a valid option for Rock Werchter (they seemed o be always a safe pick for me),  there have to be A LOT of big artists around in early July 2020, which I think can't be the case, because all major festivals complain about not finding enough strong headliners.

I assume Muse and Mumford & Sons will do a regular festival next year, so they are no option for us in 2020, too.

The "problem" (if there was any) with the 2019 edition was in my opinion, that the thursday didn't fit the rest of the billing and the lack of more stronger undercard names. With homogeneously headliners and better middle size bands the 2020 edition should work a lot better.

@Muse day didn't sell out:  I don't know how much Muse concert tickets cost nowadays in Belgium or the Netherlands, but it has to be less than in Germany (starting at 95 €), so I can understand if someone wouldn't spend 100+ € on a single day ticket just to see Muse with no other interesting acts on the same day besides New Order and Underworld who were playing at the same time

That whole sunday was empty. I walked straight to the second row behind fanpits 15 minutes after the start of Greta van Fleet cause people were standing like a meter away from each other. Mac Demarco and some other stuff had like 40% in the tents

Edited by Nicklord