Rock Werchter 2020

Have our 2019 line-up, so why not start the 2020 thread?

Thursday: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds / The Strokes

Friday: Rammstein

Saturday: Tame Impala

Sunday: Green Day

Nick Cave has gone up the line-up and with a new album pending I reckon he will headline like he will do Glastonbury. If not on his own, I reckon he could do it with The Strokes since they have an album pending also. Also, with Rammstein releasing a new album, Werchter like booking them and I can see them headlining 2020. Tame Impala are big enough now and can see them headlining , especially as they also have a new album and aren't playing this year. Green Day are the biggest question but I reckon they'll be back and will be there if they are back.

11 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Rammstein 

Tame impala / The National

Metallica

Black Keys / *Pop-ish Act*

IMO, That is a best case scenario

In my view, this would be the best case scenario indeed, but I don't think Rammstein AND Metallica will play both the same year. My guess will be something like this:

Rammstein

Tame Impala / Black Keys

Red Hot Chili Peppers or Kings of Leon

Queen

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Queen doesn't exist anymore. Unless you're talking about the Freddie tribute show May and Taylor are touring with.

Alright, Queen ft. Adam Lambert are able to headline Rock Werchter in my opinion.

If Twenty One Pilots are still touring next year, they could play the (sub)headliner-spot too.

29 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Kasabian

Kings of Leon/the strokes

Twenty-one pilots/tame impala

Coldplay

Don't think Kasabian is big enough in Belgium for a headliner spot...

Wasn't there a post in the 2019 forum about acts that cancelled this year and would instead do 2020?

I'd surely throw Liam G, Vampire Weekend and Foals in the mix too, and yeah of course Editors or KOL are probably nailed on already haha ! Also what about Paul McCartney ? If he does Glasto, he'll be around... 

Edited by polnico
Paul McCartney
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

One of kings of Leon/ editors won't be far away

They are only an option if there is nothing else... RW is not waiting on them anymore. 

In Belgium we say: de kaarten liggen goed. There are some really big bands in the mix. But everything can still change off course, it usually does.

I already mentioned some smaller bands, don't forget about them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe that "the new normal" set by Primavera will change how the festival looks ? Because so far, no females in any of our propositions, and I am guessing that they will be female headliners in the mix  ! Even if she's not headliner sized, I am really hoping for Courtney Barnett too !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Judithmt said:

Based on Ken's remarks I am counting on Tame Impala: ' RW had the option to book them. But in their feeling it was better to wait until 2020.' 

a maybe for RBCF and a no no for Biffy then...Any other hints @Ken19, so i know if I should book the mobile home for 2020 ?..

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They are only an option if there is nothing else... RW is not waiting on them anymore. 

In Belgium we say: de kaarten liggen goed. There are some really big bands in the mix. But everything can still change off course, it usually does.

I already mentioned some smaller bands, don't forget about them. 

Thank fuck for that, I'm a fan of KOL but they're a bore live and as a Brit I can see editors at my student union for a few quid so them headlining Werchter just doesn't feel right.

17 hours ago, 01seb said:

Thursday: Elton John

Friday: The Strokes/The Black Keys

Saturday: Tame Impala/Editors

Sunday: Metallica 

I don't think there's a festival in the world other than maybe coachella that can afford Elton John on this last tour, his ticket prices were ludicrous.

Last year: David Byrne played a lot of festivals. Even some small ones like gent jazz. But his non festivalshows were very expensive. There is a serious differente in fee between an indoor show and a festival.

Elton John is a serious contender to play BST next year, TW Classic would also be perfect.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 1