Jump to content

Airbed, Roll Mat, Self Inflating Mat, Camp Bed and so on


JoeyT
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Has anyone come across a camp bed or mat in similar length to a king size bed? 198cm long would be amazing

Currently eyeing up these at 200cm long/76cm wide https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SQQW9M8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A164Y4TINJTGPP&th=1&psc=1 or a cheaper version https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2VXQPB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3ELFFJYTPO92M&psc=1

Only delaying pulling the trigger as don't know if the more expensive one is worth the extra.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Glawsboy said:

Currently eyeing up these at 200cm long/76cm wide https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SQQW9M8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A164Y4TINJTGPP&th=1&psc=1 or a cheaper version https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2VXQPB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3ELFFJYTPO92M&psc=1

Only delaying pulling the trigger as don't know if the more expensive one is worth the extra.

 

Had one of their older models, never sold something on so quick. Much prefer an inflatable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Glawsboy said:

Only delaying pulling the trigger as don't know if the more expensive one is worth the extra.

 

Both are pricey. These airbed companies are certainly heightest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

I bought one of these last week and it's great. £100 from Go Outdoors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any recommendations for a bed setup that will keep me comfy and warm? I am travelling via Train and Bus so don't have endless space, but really want to ensure I have quality sleep as I'll be on site for a full week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

Any recommendations for a bed setup that will keep me comfy and warm? I am travelling via Train and Bus so don't have endless space, but really want to ensure I have quality sleep as I'll be on site for a full week.

If you're on public transport, I'd be opting for things that take up minimal space - and ideally can be attached to your bag - basic camping pillow (can add additional makeshift support to that when you're there), half decent sleeping bag and a half decent self-inflating mat. All three of those should attach to a proper camping bag, in theory. No hand space taken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Have a very generic air bed, anyone just take a duvet instead of sleeping bags? Or maybe just blankets? 

I’m oxfamming, so will be parked only a short distance from the car: I think a duvet could be a brilliant idea, sleeping bags are crap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

I bought one these too. 

Really comfy, and hopefully an end to the middle of the night deflating mattress scenario!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

I’ve got the single version of this, it’s really comfy. I’m taking it with me on the coach and sacrificing clothes and beer if I have to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Has anyone just taken an actual mattress? Someone must've done it.

Plenty of times, taken the mattress off the bed at home.

Was in chucked in the back of a van though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

Plenty of times, taken the mattress off the bed at home.

Was in chucked in the back of a van though 

Actually that's got me thinking, one year we put our mattress in the back of a Ford Granada, very comfy.

Obviously these were the days when cars were allowed in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Has anyone just taken an actual mattress? Someone must've done it.

Yes, I did once (2013). It was a mattress from an IKEA sofa bed. It was a foam one, so it just about fit into the back of the car with the seats down when rolled in half. We were stating in Worthy View so getting it from the car park to the tent was doable (no way I could have lugged onsite form the normal car parks). We bought king sized duvet and pillows too. It fit quite snugly into the pre-erected tent at Worthy View. Also where we were sited was behind a hill which blocked out the sound of the fest. So when in the tent it felt like sleeping in a proper bed. I have never slept so well at a festival. 

There were times late at night when I feeling a bit weary when I started to think, actually I quite fancy going back to the tent for a cosy sleep. That's not a feeling I have ever had at a festival before or since! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Picked up one of thse little puppies

61oauJ1DyoL.jpg

ive got one of these - theyre so good! Got the one with a torch on it as well, super handy. Also additional benefit i didnt think of before - getting a BBQ started. Works a dream. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, soundofeverything said:

Yes, I did once (2013). It was a mattress from an IKEA sofa bed. It was a foam one, so it just about fit into the back of the car with the seats down when rolled in half. We were stating in Worthy View so getting it from the car park to the tent was doable (no way I could have lugged onsite form the normal car parks). We bought king sized duvet and pillows too. It fit quite snugly into the pre-erected tent at Worthy View. Also where we were sited was behind a hill which blocked out the sound of the fest. So when in the tent it felt like sleeping in a proper bed. I have never slept so well at a festival. 

There were times late at night when I feeling a bit weary when I started to think, actually I quite fancy going back to the tent for a cosy sleep. That's not a feeling I have ever had at a festival before or since! 

That sounds beautiful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

I use a self inflating mattress but 10cm depth as I find the 3cm & 5cm ones are not comfy enough.

10cm does the job then? Reckon this or this will be half decent? (can't take credit, someone else posted a page or two back - currently considering both though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

10cm does the job then? Reckon this or this will be half decent? (can't take credit, someone else posted a page or two back - currently considering both though)

It has done be great for the last 5 festivals so defo works well for me.  I'd go for the first link (10cm) if I was in the market for a new one.  That's a good price too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive decided to splash out on a thermarest just cant decide which one.  Ive never spent that much money on a bed before and I am going on the bus. Are they all much of a muchness? Im not a slim person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...