Airbed, Roll Mat, Self Inflating Mat, Camp Bed and so on

JoeyT

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Has anyone come across a camp bed or mat in similar length to a king size bed? 198cm long would be amazing

Currently eyeing up these at 200cm long/76cm wide https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SQQW9M8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A164Y4TINJTGPP&th=1&psc=1 or a cheaper version https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2VXQPB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3ELFFJYTPO92M&psc=1

Only delaying pulling the trigger as don't know if the more expensive one is worth the extra.

10 minutes ago, Glawsboy said:

Currently eyeing up these at 200cm long/76cm wide https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SQQW9M8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A164Y4TINJTGPP&th=1&psc=1 or a cheaper version https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2VXQPB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3ELFFJYTPO92M&psc=1

Only delaying pulling the trigger as don't know if the more expensive one is worth the extra.

Had one of their older models, never sold something on so quick. Much prefer an inflatable. 

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

59 minutes ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

Just bought this double 10cm Berhaus bed [here] for £127 which turned up today. V quick to inflate and seems v comfy from an initial test. Bulky but not super heavy. So hoping it lasts as obviously not cheap and will be better than being bounced around in the night by my partner (rolling in his sleep get your mind out of the gutter!)

I bought one of these last week and it's great. £100 from Go Outdoors. 

52 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

Any recommendations for a bed setup that will keep me comfy and warm? I am travelling via Train and Bus so don't have endless space, but really want to ensure I have quality sleep as I'll be on site for a full week.

If you're on public transport, I'd be opting for things that take up minimal space - and ideally can be attached to your bag - basic camping pillow (can add additional makeshift support to that when you're there), half decent sleeping bag and a half decent self-inflating mat. All three of those should attach to a proper camping bag, in theory. No hand space taken

36 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Have a very generic air bed, anyone just take a duvet instead of sleeping bags? Or maybe just blankets? 

I’m oxfamming, so will be parked only a short distance from the car: I think a duvet could be a brilliant idea, sleeping bags are crap 

3 hours ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

I bought one these too. 

Really comfy, and hopefully an end to the middle of the night deflating mattress scenario!! 

4 hours ago, GlastoSlug95 said:

I’ve got the single version of this, it’s really comfy. I’m taking it with me on the coach and sacrificing clothes and beer if I have to. 

3 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Has anyone just taken an actual mattress? Someone must've done it.

Plenty of times, taken the mattress off the bed at home.

Was in chucked in the back of a van though 

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

Plenty of times, taken the mattress off the bed at home.

Was in chucked in the back of a van though 

Actually that's got me thinking, one year we put our mattress in the back of a Ford Granada, very comfy.

Obviously these were the days when cars were allowed in.

8 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Has anyone just taken an actual mattress? Someone must've done it.

Yes, I did once (2013). It was a mattress from an IKEA sofa bed. It was a foam one, so it just about fit into the back of the car with the seats down when rolled in half. We were stating in Worthy View so getting it from the car park to the tent was doable (no way I could have lugged onsite form the normal car parks). We bought king sized duvet and pillows too. It fit quite snugly into the pre-erected tent at Worthy View. Also where we were sited was behind a hill which blocked out the sound of the fest. So when in the tent it felt like sleeping in a proper bed. I have never slept so well at a festival. 

There were times late at night when I feeling a bit weary when I started to think, actually I quite fancy going back to the tent for a cosy sleep. That's not a feeling I have ever had at a festival before or since! 

3 hours ago, soundofeverything said:

Yes, I did once (2013). It was a mattress from an IKEA sofa bed. It was a foam one, so it just about fit into the back of the car with the seats down when rolled in half. We were stating in Worthy View so getting it from the car park to the tent was doable (no way I could have lugged onsite form the normal car parks). We bought king sized duvet and pillows too. It fit quite snugly into the pre-erected tent at Worthy View. Also where we were sited was behind a hill which blocked out the sound of the fest. So when in the tent it felt like sleeping in a proper bed. I have never slept so well at a festival. 

There were times late at night when I feeling a bit weary when I started to think, actually I quite fancy going back to the tent for a cosy sleep. That's not a feeling I have ever had at a festival before or since! 

That sounds beautiful.

9 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

I use a self inflating mattress but 10cm depth as I find the 3cm & 5cm ones are not comfy enough.

10cm does the job then? Reckon this or this will be half decent? (can't take credit, someone else posted a page or two back - currently considering both though)

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

10cm does the job then? Reckon this or this will be half decent? (can't take credit, someone else posted a page or two back - currently considering both though)

It has done be great for the last 5 festivals so defo works well for me.  I'd go for the first link (10cm) if I was in the market for a new one.  That's a good price too.

• Upvote 1