Airbed, Roll Mat, Self Inflating Mat, Camp Bed and so on

JoeyT

I'm undecided having done all 4 over the course of the last 12 years.

Which do you use?

Part of me is really tempted go go for a double airbed and even bring a duvet rather than sleeping bag this time around.

The other part of me couldn't give a shite as i'm more of a pass out than "go to sleep" person at the festival!

Edited by JoeyT

I've used a couple of things in the past. Roll mat... may as well not be there. Double air bed and kingsize quilted sleeping bag... Huge luxury but massively heavy to carry in and out and a pain to inflate etc, and actually I end up having a bad back from the squishyness. I've got a self inflating mat this year with an inflatable pillow attached. No idea how it's gonna be, but it's tiny when rolled up and super lightweight.

Double blow up air bed and quilt. It’s the only way to go.

I’ve tried various combinations over the years and decided that night time comfort trumps all else, so I bring less booze, less food and make room for the above. 

Do it, you’ll never look back. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

I've used a couple of things in the past. Roll mat... may as well not be there. Double air bed and kingsize quilted sleeping bag... Huge luxury but massively heavy to carry in and out and a pain to inflate etc, and actually I end up having a bad back from the squishyness. I've got a self inflating mat this year with an inflatable pillow attached. No idea how it's gonna be, but it's tiny when rolled up and super lightweight.

Which mat have you bought as this sounds ideal?  Travelling by coach again this year so looking for something that is easy to carry and light.  Usually take an airbed but it's too bulky.

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Double blow up air bed and quilt. It’s the only way to go.

I’ve tried various combinations over the years and decided that night time comfort trumps all else, so I bring less booze, less food and make room for the above. 

Do it, you’ll never look back. 

Aye, echo this completely. I've been taking an airbed to festivals for a while, but I first took a quilt in 2016 and it blew my mind. 

4 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

Which mat have you bought as this sounds ideal?  Travelling by coach again this year so looking for something that is easy to carry and light.  Usually take an airbed but it's too bulky.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trail-Inflating-Inflatable-Sleeping-Mattress/dp/B06WGMDCGZ/ref=asc_df_B06WGMDCGZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=332105967801&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=548902478265275220&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006567&hvtargid=pla-698933578203&psc=1

This is the one I went with. We'll see how it does... but if it's shocking, at least it wasn't expensive.

2 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

Liking the price of this, some of the ones I have looked at have been £30-£50!  Thanks :victory:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaintedInSand said:

Your tent sounds like an absolute palace.

First few years we just used sleeping bags, but I can't handle them, my feet need to be free!

We put all the bedding in a pound shop vaccuum bag and it shrinks down to a fraction of the size.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

Maybe I had a really poor quality version, but my blow-up mattress kept deflating in the middle of the night. Plus — so heavy/bulky!

Just splurged and bought one of these. Go camping a fair bit, so figure it'll be worth the investment. 

I have the double 7.5cm one of these, packed it’s huge, bigger than my tent bag. Needs lung power to get it 7.5cm thick and a few more puffs most nights to keep it up.

This topic has come at a handy time, I've been on airbed for the past 3 nights and it just deflates so quickly I may as well sleeping on the cold hard ground. Thinking about buying a mummy sleeping bag and a self inflating pad. Below are the items I'm thinking about getting, I want lightweight and easy to carry but not something that will be unbelievably uncomfortable. Recommendations are would be great! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Trek-350x-Sleeping-Bag/dp/B071CNTGTL?SubscriptionId=AKIAI47D7OLXZQOXQMLA&tag=thefestivalsuk-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B071CNTGTL - Anyone had any experience with this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SGODDE-Inflatable-Waterproof-Ultralight-Backpacking/dp/B079FZTC93/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8