Using a friends ticket!?

SG50

Hi, 

I have been offered a ticket because my friend is unable to attend due to a separate tragic incident. 

The friend is a female (I'm male) and was wondering if anyone else has got in with another persons ticket.

My friend has offered me a photocopy of some of her I.D. if I'm caught/questioned. I already know the tickets are

non-transferable. Ive been to Glasto before but can not remember any thorough checks.

Thanks for any replies.

Well: tickets are checked, though to what degree is questionable and changeable. You COULD get a knackered steward not really making much effort.

I’d be much happier getting in on a hooky ticket if I could at least make an effort to look a bit like the photo - shave my hair off, wear some sunnies, smile like them, stuff like that - but not being the right gender just ain’t gonna work, even in these enlightened days of gender fluidity. I wouldn’t try it if I were you. 

17 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Well: tickets are checked, though to what degree is questionable and changeable. You COULD get a knackered steward not really making much effort.

I’d be much happier getting in on a hooky ticket if I could at least make an effort to look a bit like the photo - shave my hair off, wear some sunnies, smile like them, stuff like that - but not being the right gender just ain’t gonna work, even in these enlightened days of gender fluidity. I wouldn’t try it if I were you. 

What he said.

32 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It's just a shame that because of a genuine reason a ticket will be wasted. 

If you tried it, I would go assuming you won't get in. Then it will be a bonus if on the slim chance you do get in. 

A guy in our group tried to get in with another guys ticket a few years ago (his friend who couldn't go for genuine reasons) Ultimately he tried at least 2 gates, didn't get in and had to get the train back to the north east solo (another in our group had drove him there--double bummer!) 

You could always try contacting the festival office but honestly I think they would say no, your friend might get a refund if she bought the protection.. But yeah, if you don't live too far away and could handle potential rejection then go for it! Otherwise I'd give it a miss.. Or give a girl more of a chance to go with your friends ticket 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sound advice from @balti-pie. Chances of your deception being picked up would be extremely high. The facts of different gender and different appearance would surely be reinforced by the documents you take (btw.....actual documents rather than photocopies would be required). Do you really want to go to all the effort of getting there, only to suffer the ignominy of being taken to one side, questioned for ID and rejected.

Edited by Lycra

I know 2 people who have used someone else's ticket. Both got in ok, both were the same sex.  One person did have the photo checked and was told the ticket was ok, even though the image was obviously not them, 30 years age difference for a start.

I think it's pot luck really.

you have to have balls to try it

did it in 2016, same sex on the ticket though, a close friend got a ticket but then found out his wife was preggers so chose not to go, I paid his balance and took his ticket.

my ass was hanging out all the week before and the walk to the gate was terrible, the queue was terrible, being stood at the ticket girl was terrifying. getting through Priceless

would never do it again, my ticker couldn't  take it. i have heard of people getting turned away. 

You could throw on a wig and a dress and scream that they’re being transphobic... pretty unethical though.

Sure I’d you do some searching you can find more info, but if the stewards are unsure, as a minimum you’ll need the actual ID, not a photocopy. Know the address off by heart. My gf used another older girls ID when she was 17 to get into a bar, and the bouncer asked when she passed her driving test, she made a date up, and he called her out... because it was a provisional so be prepared for anything! 

Sometimes they ask to see your phone and check your Facebook profile, check the name on the email account you’ve got logged in etc. So hide your phone, say you didn’t bring one. 

Failing all that stick a couple of £20 notes in  the ticket when you hand it over. 

They do send mystery shoppers through to test them, and if too many get through the festival can supposedly lose its lisence. 

If you go with zero expectation you might get lucky. 

On 6/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, SG50 said:

Hi, I have been offered a ticket because my friend is unable to attend due to a separate tragic incident. 

The friend is a female (I'm male) and was wondering if anyone else has got in with another persons ticket.

My friend has offered me a photocopy of some of her I.D. if I'm caught/questioned. I already know the tickets are non-transferable. Ive been to Glasto before but can not remember any thorough checks.

Thanks for any replies.

is this a wind up ?

Have never checked tickets at Glastonbury but over the years have dealt with the VIP list at The Phoenix festival for a few years - so any entry problems { re ID } came to me and also last year worked for Oxfam on ticket duty at Womad.

sure if you could find a blind ticket checker you may have a chance but I would strongly advise you not to try and bribe anyone - if you did that with me you would then be risking my Job and there is no fucking way I would risk that.

You might as well show up with no ticket.

I am sure some have been able to do it in the past but not many will have been able to get in if they were a different sex than the real ticket holder.