Oh God... I'm the obsessive one, aren't I??

Heartbreaker

21 minutes ago, Charm said:

Last weekend I drunkenly apologised to my best mates for talking about Glastonbury all the time, they said don’t worry about it as they are happy that I have something in my life that I love so much, how sweet is that, I love my mates. 

Charm x

Same, a friend at work booked in a pre-Glasto lunch for me ??

My group is entirely populated by 1 spouse & our 2 offspring & all are multiple previous attendees - they’re well used to my excitement but this year I’m more obsessed than ever (getting in via resale and the fallow year have magnified my enthusiasm).

We have a huge transformation going on at work (Project Mayfair anyone?) and before I even realised what I’d done I had dropped Glastonbury into a response when a simple ‘annual leave’ would have sufficed. ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, DesperateDad said:

My group is entirely populated by 1 spouse & our 2 offspring & all are multiple previous attendees - they’re well used to my excitement but this year I’m more obsessed than ever (getting in via resale and the fallow year have magnified my enthusiasm).

We have a huge transformation going on at work (Project Mayfair anyone?) and before I even realised what I’d done I had dropped Glastonbury into a response when a simple ‘annual leave’ would have sufficed. ?‍♂️

Yes I try and say “I’m unavailable due to annual leave” rather than “fuck your meeting I’m going to Glastonbury”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Yes I try and say “I’m unavailable due to annual leave” rather than “fuck your meeting I’m going to Glastonbury”

Me all the time.

subtle other references frequently made, always falling totally flat at work, “I won’t be able to attend, I’ll be on the Farm” or “I’ll be on a field in Somerset”...

frequent comments on the weather, same as above, “As long as the Southwest stays dry enough over the next couple of weeks”, “better it rains itself out now, than at the end of June”

Uh, yeah, hi, ummm my name is hmmmloddy and I'm a Glastonbury obsessive...

I like being the one that can be turned to mid bimble and asked if there's anything good on nearby and be able to rattle off multiple options with pros and cons based on difficulty of route, likely busy-ness and musical preferences of our group members.

I like breaking pre-festival news about lineup, new areas, secret things, food traders and weather prospects (...) to anyone I know (not just our group)

I like trying to pick the acts that in 4 years time we can say of "we saw them in the middle of Thursday afternoon with only a couple of hundred people, now look at them"

I like debating optimum routes across site at different times of day more than Londoners love arguing about tube travel

I like knowing which longdrops are worth avoiding/ walking a little longer for

I like sending top tips to newbie friends and giving them the full fire hose of my Glasto excitement

I like day dreaming about getting a full time Glasto job and becoming part of the Eavis inner circle despite never having even volunteered

I have had the Spotify playlist on pretty much nonstop since April to find new bands for the clashfinder

There's so much more. It's nice to be among friends ??

• Like 1

This thread is me all over. I definitely post the most in our group glasto chat, I've been pestering them all for their clashfinders.

I've got my clothes ready, booze bought, tent out ready to go. 

I've done the trip to Poundland for the shewee, rain ponchos, rennies etc. 

I feel I am ready/excited too early but I am glad this forum is with me :-) 

10 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I have just had the realisation that I'm the obsessive one in the group.. messaging various chats when I know everyone is asleep, constant glastobating., slightly pissing off co-workers, friends and family members by constantly debating the pros and cons of where we will maybe camp; calculating how the beer to spirit ratio should be allocated, who can sort stuff out etc. etc.

So here is a support thread for those, like me, whose friends are already tempted to disown us due to over thinking, planning, discussing or generally be a tad too (yea right) excited for the best party in the world.

A place to rant, plan, discuss, and vent the joy we have embedded within us... have it all..

P.S.. "Aren't I " is probably grammatically correct in Bristol...

Isnt that what the whole forum is for? 

21 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I don't think that I'm a Glastonbury obsessive - it's just that everybody else does.

Ha ha!  I think that might be me too!  

Someone at work threatened to put a paper bag over my head if I mentioned it again.  She isn't even in my office so I don't know what the problem is - she only hears a fraction of it!

When I mention a previous Glasto experience my friend turns to me with a mock horror look on her face and says "have you been to Glastonbury".

I am on here pretty obsessively.  

I think I have now planned everything I can until I listen to more of the playlist and identify more acts I probably won't see.

I have a spreadsheet with separate tabs for music, packing, food stalls, non-music things to do, etc.

There are a few of us that  have been frequenting this forum right through the dark days of the fallow year ... posting on the what have I done today for Glastonbury thread ... I started posting on the fancy dress thread around about then too ... nearly 2 years ago .... I never thought I would make nearly 5000 posts on a forum about Glastonbury and have a permanent webcam watch .....I forgot my phone today at work and my first thought was how am I going to keep up to date on efests ?..... not how Am I going to check my blood sugar ( I'm diabetic and scan a sensor on my arm with my phone ) ok so yes I think i might have a bit of an obsession ... just a slight one :) 

4 hours ago, morph100 said:

"Fuck your meeting I'm going to Glastonbury" does have a nice ring to it. 

I changed my e signature at work to say "I'm unavailable (dates) because I'm frolicking in a field in the UK" 

Someone said it was inappropriate for clients to see, so now it just says something boring and generic. 

56 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

"Fuck your meeting I'm going to Glastonbury" does have a nice ring to it. 

I changed my e signature at work to say "I'm unavailable (dates) because I'm frolicking in a field in the UK" 

Someone said it was inappropriate for clients to see, so now it just says something boring and generic. 

Can you set it differently for internal and external recipients?

Colleague emails you: "Fuck your message/meeting/problem I'm going to Glastonbury"

Client emails you: "MetaKate is out of the office on annual leave, please contact another member of the team"

I'm only 8 months in to my latest job so not sure how it would go down but defo would have tried it at my last one. Then again, the consequences of setting the wrong message for wrong group would be preeeeeety bad.

I am definitely the obsessive in my group. If I can shoehorn Glastonbury into a conversation, I WILL. I am the one posting the vlogs (yes even the HGV driver), to our what's app group as well as passing on the essential weather and line-up updates from here. I am posting this post whilst wearing my brand new Glastonbury 2019 t-shirt courtesy of Barbster 360. 

Cannot wait for the 26th!

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I might have a slight obsession.

I try not to talk about it all the time and generally won't start conversations about it but if someone opens up the slightest crack of opportunity I'm off and running with it.

The funny thing is, I'm not even the most obsessed person in my WhatsApp group.

• Upvote 1

We had our trip of a lifetime to the USA at the end of May and it was my Wife's first trip to the USA so I wanted THAT to be the big thing (despite it killing me) I was quietly triumphant as we went on the tube after the holiday when she asked "are you looking forward to Glastonbury?". 

Meanwhile my daughter has been my obsession outlet via WhatsApp. But I did pay for her ticket, even so she has paid a terrible price ?

Edited by Gedh

My Annual Leave booking in my shared calendar at work just has the postal address of Worthy Farm. 

Those who know will know.

My out-of-office message for outlook and some other databases I use simply states:

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts 2019. 

Even this confuses some people.