Oh God... I'm the obsessive one, aren't I??

Heartbreaker

I have just had the realisation that I'm the obsessive one in the group.. messaging various chats when I know everyone is asleep, constant glastobating., slightly pissing off co-workers, friends and family members by constantly debating the pros and cons of where we will maybe camp; calculating how the beer to spirit ratio should be allocated, who can sort stuff out etc. etc.

So here is a support thread for those, like me, whose friends are already tempted to disown us due to over thinking, planning, discussing or generally be a tad too (yea right) excited for the best party in the world.

A place to rant, plan, discuss, and vent the joy we have embedded within us... have it all..

P.S.. "Aren't I " is probably grammatically correct in Bristol...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gedh said:

I turned 59 last week and really feel I should be a bit more mature about the whole thing but in my head I'm extending my arms to the sides and running around making wheeeee noises. 

Sod maturity, if there is an event where an adult can legitimately squeal with excitement its Glastonbury. Let it out, enjoy, be happy :)

Edit: Cant remove jdizzle tag for some reason, but I'm sure they wont mind.

@jdizzle

Edited by Heartbreaker

I really try to reel it in because I know I'm annoying everyone. The issue is that I'm still annoying everyone and also holding it in! 

BUT HERES WHATS UP. I've tried to stop annoying everyone with details and reminders etc, and you know what has happened? 2 people in our group forgot to pay their balance!!! That's what happens!

Im so excited every single coworker knows im going, knows who im seeing, has watched a full 30 min metamorphosis YouTube video. 

The other day I found me and my 3 friends at a Goldfrapp set in a video the other day, so I posted it to the group, told them where to look and what time to look... and they were like "what is this" 

ITS US AT GOLDFRAPP MOTHER FUCKERS. STRAP IN OR STRAP ON.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely me. This year i’m also welcoming a new group to the festival, over from Asia, who I met at Fuji Rock. Gradually blowing the mind of their chief obsessive has given me such enjoyment...

‘When is the line-up released you ask? Well there’s no pattern but there is a thingy...’

‘How long does it take to get between stages? Well this simple chart...’

’An app with the schedule to aid your excel document of who you want to see? Just No. This is how you create a clashfinder, colour code it and print on double sided A4.’

I take more pride in this than my actual job.

Edited by DJL
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

That feeling when you know you've slipped Glastonbury into every conversation but you just can't stop yourself.

Exactly, and you know it's coming out. I know the G word is going to be blurted out in some boring general conversation that is a million miles away from anything Glastonbury related but to me, you, all of us it makes perfect sense.

Eta: just remembered Mrs Coot actually caught me wondering around the house the other day with a clipboard writing G things down and ticking other things off. As she laughed nervously at me with a slightly concerned look on her face I suddenly realised I needed help.

Thank you for this thread op, hello everyone and I hope I've come to the right place.

Edited by Cooter

This is so me...... and I’m ashamed to say that after Killers, when Goldfrapp were late coming on for their set, I sacked them off for Emile Sande. Who was terrible.

We had a small party for my sons 18th last night. Here are a few of the conversation topics I managed to randomly introduce.

My ticket despatch fears

where to camp

the webcam build progress

shepees

compost loos v longdrops

this years clashes

blackout tents

boots v wellies

shorts v jeans

the weather for June

state of the ground

I think everyone had a great time though..........

I know it’s me!

I do tend to over plan and Glastonbury is the daddy of over planned.  I’m taking to Glastonbury virgins this year and have given up trying to get them ready  

They probably think I’m a little insane with everything I’ve shared and tagged and suggested. 

Right down to colour coding the clash finder

but sod them! This time in 18 days ?

I’m easily the most obsessive in our group. They’re all much more organised with the ‘unimportant’ stuff like all the food, drink etc they’ve brought, but when it comes to ‘so what’s your plans for today?’ They’ll say ‘dunno, we’ll follow you’ and I’m thinking how can you possibly have no idea what you’d like to do. Then I’ll lead them off to some totally obscure Icelandic noir singer I’ve read about and they’re then itching to return to safety with Hobo Jones or something. 

Yes! Was thinking of creating a similar thread, but thought I might be obsessing too much! ? This is totally me. I have a notebook that I’ve written a list in and, since Thursday, the rucksacks have been out and I’ve been adding items here and there and so enjoying crossing them off the list (I do have a child to pack for as well but, still, this is an activity for me, if I’m being completely honest). I get these massive waves of excitement, then I go pack a toiletry into the bag and check efests and examine the service station en route options and message my brother about bands. My husband and son are super tolerant, although I think I test them to the limit. My son said to me yesterday, “Mum, try to calm down a bit, it’s first thing in the morning.” And my husband asked me if there was a support group for the loved ones of obsessives on efests ? They know how much I love it though, so they humour me and support me in my obsession with the festival. Some friends are accompanying us this year. We started with a group Whatsapp, but people didn’t respond to the details of every announcement, so my brother and I retreated to just he and I messaging each other several times daily about Glastonbury - that’s how it’s always been and I’m lucky he shares my enthusiasm! When we got our tickets in October, he messaged me saying, “You’re already looking at the car parks, aren’t you?” ? So, yeah, I’m in this gang ?

I used to be yous...

I still am obviously. I'm here now! But I will admit I only starts looking on here in the run up as opposed from all year round. 

The friggin weather is what I most obsessive about, the thing I can't do anything about. In years gone by my mood would mirror what the lasted forecast was predicting. Even months out. I've got help now so it's not so bad but I can feel the tension rising. 

I still an a Glastoholic :)

Last weekend I drunkenly apologised to my best mates for talking about Glastonbury all the time, they said don’t worry about it as they are happy that I have something in my life that I love so much, how sweet is that, I love my mates. 

Charm x

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I have just had the realisation that I'm the obsessive one in the group.. messaging various chats when I know everyone is asleep, constant glastobating., slightly pissing off co-workers, friends and family members by constantly debating the pros and cons of where we will maybe camp; calculating how the beer to spirit ratio should be allocated, who can sort stuff out etc. etc.

So here is a support thread for those, like me, whose friends are already tempted to disown us due to over thinking, planning, discussing or generally be a tad too (yea right) excited for the best party in the world.

A place to rant, plan, discuss, and vent the joy we have embedded within us... have it all..

P.S.. "Aren't I " is probably grammatically correct in Bristol...

Oh God welcome to my world! This is totally me!

First thing in the morning and last thing at night. In between I'm on here about ten times a day. Getting well stressed as I have not had the email yet from See. I've even found myself worrying about 2020. I think I will update my Clashfinder and then go and repack the campervan.