CV East - Exit and Return mid Festival

Ducky89

Hi all.

I've trawled through the information and can't see it covered. I am fortunate to be relatively local (30 mins of site) and may need to leave site to drop off my little one at Grannies on the Friday morning - would you know if this is going to be possible? In terms of leaving site and then returning to my pitch?

I will have truck parked next to the caravan. 

TIA.
Ducky

13 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Hi all.

I've trawled through the information and can't see it covered. I am fortunate to be relatively local (30 mins of site) and may need to leave site to drop off my little one at Grannies on the Friday morning - would you know if this is going to be possible? In terms of leaving site and then returning to my pitch?

I will have truck parked next to the caravan. 

TIA.
Ducky

It should be as long as the fire lanes are respected in the area you are pitched. You also need to hope that your truck space is not occupied by a late arriving campervan, I would take either some windbreaks or a pop up tent to prevent this happening! :)

There should be enough space to get off and on again, maybe have a chat with a steward at some quiet point on Thursday, and yes, cordon off your space to protect it. Or, can someone meet you at the drop off point to pick you both/just your child up?

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

It should be as long as the fire lanes are respected in the area you are pitched. You also need to hope that your truck space is not occupied by a late arriving campervan, I would take either some windbreaks or a pop up tent to prevent this happening! :)

23 minutes ago, carlosj said:

There should be enough space to get off and on again, maybe have a chat with a steward at some quiet point on Thursday, and yes, cordon off your space to protect it. Or, can someone meet you at the drop off point to pick you both/just your child up?

Thanks team.

There will be other members of camp keeping guard if I do have to leave.

in terms of initial set up, do you arrive, get given your pitch and then land grab the boundaries of your pitch, as you would do with pitching a tent / campsite? Just to ensure no one pitches up in the middle of your camp? We are a party of 1 x truck with caravan and 1 x motor home and would like to be able to have an awning for the caravan and couple of tents for the poor fuckers still camping 

24 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Thanks team.

in terms of initial set up, do you arrive, get given your pitch and then land grab the boundaries of your pitch, as you would do with pitching a tent / campsite? Just to ensure no one pitches up in the middle of your camp? We are a party of 1 x truck with caravan and 1 x motor home and would like to be able to have an awning for the caravan and couple of tents for the poor fuckers still camping 

You do find some cheeky people trying to squeeze vans in everywhere. Especially during the night. So if you can use windbreaks to protect your space that would help

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

Thanks team.

This is us each year. If you enter together, you can get parked together. You will best be parked side by side and then you can use the space between you. However, the stewards should be looking for gaps between each vehicle and each row as a fire gap. But, yes, if you use wind breaks you can create a camp, however, the general idea is all being together and not isolate us from neighbours too much.

6 hours ago, al_coholic said:

You do find some cheeky people trying to squeeze vans in everywhere. Especially during the night. So if you can use windbreaks to protect your space that would help

Indeed. Especially if you luck in and are close in. If there is a space for a van, expect someone will likely park on it, if you are close to the track way. if you're back in a bit though, you'll be ok

1 hour ago, Upside down frowner said:

I’m hoping to do the same to pick my boy up. Going to mention it to the stewards when they direct us into the field & that we have an awning

2017 would not have been possible as the fire lanes weren’t respected, had to weave away on the Monday to get out.

2015 would have been fine

Cheers - working on plans b, c and d should I not be able to get off site, but don’t see why it would be a problem, if people can still arrive then, then movement should still be permitted 

1 hour ago, Upside down frowner said:

I’m hoping to do the same to pick my boy up. Going to mention it to the stewards when they direct us into the field & that we have an awning

2017 would not have been possible as the fire lanes weren’t respected, had to weave away on the Monday to get out.

2015 would have been fine

Do you mean 2016? The weather was good in 2017.....

8 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Do you mean 2016? The weather was good in 2017.....

Apologies could have been clearer Stone Circle- I would not have got the car/caravan out because people were camped in front of us.

Thinking about it, if we need to get out then we may have been advised by the stewards to reverse the caravan into the space - the fire lane must have been behind us?

Edited by Upside down frowner

4 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Apologies could have been clearer Stone Circle- I would not have got the car/caravan out because people were camped in front of us.

Thinking about it, if we need to get out then we may have been advised by the stewards to reverse the caravan into the space - the fire lane must have been behind us?

That shouldn't happen on a dry year, which is why I wrongly assumed it was 2016 as space was premium. Windbreaks are good for protecting space! :)