Do you think Elton is a contender to headline next year?

angelin

I wish I could say yes, but look what happened with The B-52s this year; precedent set for Glastonbury failing to get classic queer icons on their final tour in the vicinity at the time.

Also don't look like he plays the Circle Of Life so fuck him.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Charm said:

I really hope so, I recently saw Rocketman too and it reminded me how many good bops he has, would be unmissable. 

Charm x

I saw it last night - and it reminded me of Alan Carr (playing Austin Powers). Was good fun though - enjoyed it a lot (despite the slightly rubbish end).

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if they hadn’t at least asked the question.

Then again this is Elton, he’s more likely to book a series of gigs at Stenhousemuir FC over Glastonbury weekend.

Yes indeed, bizarrely I saw him at Paddock Wood hop farm a few years back and this was before the days of the festival there. About 2000 people there, great show, Elton helicoptered in and out. The next day I returned to the exact same little field for a boot fair where Elton had sung his little heart out a few hours before!

Edited by Cooter

If they get Elton as the legend slot, they would have knocked it out of the park. Definitely has the tunes to headline, but the fact he’s played such low-profile sports grounds and festivals makes me believe he would do the Sunday afternoon.

Macca - FM - (non-Septuagenarian act)  headliners and Elt as the legend?

11 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

If they get Elton as the legend slot, they would have knocked it out of the park. Definitely has the tunes to headline, but the fact he’s played such low-profile sports grounds and festivals makes me believe he would do the Sunday afternoon.

Macca - FM - (non-Septuagenarian act)  headliners and Elt as the legend?

I think he goes off the beaten track by choice rather than not being able to play the huge stadiums. I bet if any other music legend toured as much as he does, they’d be knocking around the Bescot Stadium as well.

Would be very surprised if, for his only Glasto appearance ever, he was asked to play the afternoon while another legendary act closes out the show. He should tell them where to go if that’s what they offer.