Beat Hotel will not be at Glastonbury after 2019

shoptildrop

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Before it was the Beat Hotel it was Cocktails & Dreams karaoke bar IIRC. 

Though that was a tie in / sponsorship deal with Sony to promote their SingStar game. Thankfully these days we don't have anywhere near the same level of corporate sponsorship as we did back then so hopefully the space can be given to people with an idea rather than something to sell.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is that you that's sat there oblivious to Adele?

Can’t say that it is was! 

Definitely remember seeing The Rakes, British Sea Power and Brakes in there, I think New Young Pony Club too. Oh and Tom Vek.. so I was in there a lot that year

it was also back in the day where they would have ‘special guests’ listed most days

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

that was dreamy. Such a great place to shelter from the rain. I can remember in 2007 I was pretty much camped out in there.

I remember stumbling across it in the “OMFG” Friday morning after of 2005. It didn’t look much from the outside, but - oh my - there’s sofas and stuff. In the crazy flooding, it was like going through a portal.

No chance of a seat at that time so we wandered to higher ground and ended up in the cinema when it had full cinema seats. Lush. 5 minutes after sitting down we were watching a documentary on a tsunami devastation. Kind of brought us down a peg on our moany state of minds. :)

• Upvote 1