Baggy Mondays

Jackomanaco

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

although oddly does anybody remember that night a brief period of really really fine rain, almost like a mist.

Thursday the temp dropped by about 10 degrees, but as stated was still about 20 odd.

The mist descends on Wednesday evening....

20170621_232549.jpg

33 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

What time do I need to be there to actually get in the tent? Will I be able to see Beans on Toast finishing at 15:45 at Greenpeace and hotfoot it over

Yeah. An hour before should do it. There will be a steady flow of people in and out during Irvine Welsh, if previous years are anything to go by. Might not get in straight away but sometime during the hour (or worse case at the end of it), you will.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah. An hour before should do it. There will be a steady flow of people in and out during Irvine Welsh, if previous years are anything to go by. Might not get in straight away but sometime during the hour (or worse case at the end of it), you will.

Excellent. I need my Beans Fix ?

Hate to say it but I've stopped going. Went every year up until last, each year the music played seems to become more irrelevant. I am the Resurrection is a good moment but I reckon at least half of what's played isn't relevant now. It will always be rammed though, every year the crows that gathers there is daft

1 hour ago, coma girl said:

One of my favourite things at Glastonbury!

Tbh I don't mind if we don't get in the tent, had a brilliant time one year dancing in the crowd outside

Weather permitting, I think outside the tent is a much better experience. Tried both, and had a really enjoyable time in the sun of 2017, dad dancing completely unselfconsciously. (My daughter wasn't with me that year).

21 hours ago, mufcok said:

Hate to say it but I've stopped going. Went every year up until last, each year the music played seems to become more irrelevant. I am the Resurrection is a good moment but I reckon at least half of what's played isn't relevant now. It will always be rammed though, every year the crows that gathers there is daft

Do they play Paris Angels and World Of Twist?

21 hours ago, mufcok said:

You have this spot. On. Killers? No. Arctic Monkeys? No. Kings of Leon? No. 

Should be retitled "Bang Average Indie Disco That's Lost Sight of its Roots, Which Were, Incidentally, Excellent."

12 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Should be retitled "Bang Average Indie Disco That's Lost Sight of its Roots, Which Were, Incidentally, Excellent."

Bang on. I'm a massive Arctic Monkeys fan but 'Baggy Mondays'. Come off it

16 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Does this count????

Edited by eastynh

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

World of Twist were such a great band. Massively underrated

Loads of great bands from that period that never made it. Always grates on me how Puressence were not huge. They have ended up being the 90's version of the Chameleons.