Strummerville

Beerqueen

On 6/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Ten Sheds gets about doesn't he/she/they?  

He sometimes plays keys for Beans on Toast too.

20190523_180659.thumb.jpg.8117ae644544a4867ac61dfcfcfcc4a9.jpg

16 hours ago, fuzzy_logic said:

I think I'm right in saying they announce line ups daily like the crows nest 

A few acts have tweeted they are playing Friday and Saturday so definitely stuff on.

4 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Any suggestion on when to arrive for the Frank gig? First time going to Glastonbury so unfamiliar with all this!

Now the secret’s out, Tuesday.

These are from when we watched him in the rain in 2015. Stage is tiny, luckily we found out early and the secret was better kept that year, were there 30 mins or so in advance and the slippery climb kept many away.

B8F4C8D8-E3FA-49EB-96F6-8CCE5092ADCD.jpeg

9A22411D-A54E-4672-83F6-3578F29E99D8.jpeg

8 hours ago, TedHandy said:

Must be 7 or 8 years since I seen a Frank solo show. Wonder what sort of set list he'll play.

He was brilliant at Y Not in 2017- was a mix of songs from over the years including the ballad of me and my friends. I enjoyed it a lot - was the first time I saw him solo. I'm so excited about thursday night, it's like a 4th headliner for me! 

If I want to get a decent spot would you advise that I get there for the act before Johnny Lloyd? I am actually interested in watching Johnny Lloyd, so it's a nice bonus that the act before Frank is someone I actually like. Will watching his whole set be enough to get me near the front?

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

He was brilliant at Y Not in 2017- was a mix of songs from over the years including the ballad of me and my friends. I enjoyed it a lot - was the first time I saw him solo. I'm so excited about thursday night, it's like a 4th headliner for me! 

Ditto... I'm more giddy about Frank Thursday than anything else. I've seen him loads of times both acoustic and with The Sleeping Souls. I proper love his acoustic sets. I'm actually kind of disappointed it was leaked... the place is going to be ridiculously rammed to the point I reckon they'll stop letting people in 

Last time was on a proper festival day with all the main stages open too. I gibbed it to watch Motorhead as I knew I'd probably never see them again but would see Frank the next day. This time there aren't as many restrictions. 

On 6/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, ScarletBlaster said:

For anyone that wasn't there, Frank Turner was amazing. The queue to get in was hectic though and a fair amount didn't get in. Some people actually scaled the fence and then broke it at one point!

Yes, was dicey enough. Saw one girl fall after getting over and not get up for a while.

Was excellent - though Avalon was something else.

I was there to see Ferris and Sylvester and Snapped Ankles. Watched the guy after F and S then decided to go for a pee and get a beer. While I was getting a beer I saw about 300 peop,e trying to get in the top entrance as the bottom was closed off. There were probably more trying to get in for Frank Turner than were already in there. Hung around outside and managed to get to the front for Snapped Ankles which was one of my memorable moments; destroyed my shoes in the mud but what a set?