Tow and Hitch (Arcadia Crew Bar) lineup

paulshane

5 hours ago, bigbilly said:

I've been up and watched rhe show a couple of times. Think once on a Friday we had to get down but I think it was because they were filming the show and needed the space.

That’s about right. No general policy on who can go up there, but occasionally video / stills team are needing space so security might help them out and clear some people. (When I’ve been shooting from there, I’ve worn team colours... crew randoms have been understanding and made space for me)

Lovely bar, great to know it’s back again.

1 hour ago, bigbilly said:

What other crew bars are there? I've been in maceos in block 9. 

When I went in 2016 I went in maceos too but also the acoustic stage one (which was great) one at the unfairground and Wallys which was in the SE corner

1 hour ago, dondo said:

When I went in 2016 I went in maceos too but also the acoustic stage one (which was great) one at the unfairground and Wallys which was in the SE corner

Ahh Wally’s. Blagged our way into a great night in there back in 2013 (I think). Maceo’s was brilliant the following year too when I was working. Would love to try and wangle entry for that again this year. 

As for the Tow and Hitch it sounds like they’ve gone and nicked our usual camping spot, so I’ll be trying to blag entry to that just on principle! 

I will be checking this and other crew bars out , for the first time in 25 years of going to glasto I am working this year , we will be going to glasto on the Sunday before gates open , and my shifts are in the south east corner ,  really looking forward to being on site before the general public arrive ,  so we will be checking out as many crews bars out as we can . That’s if we can find em all , is there a crew map that shows you where they are are ?

2 minutes ago, PetePie said:

That’s if we can find em all , is there a crew map that shows you where they are are ?

Never seen a map, but if you're walking around on the Sunday / Monday / Tuesday evening, then you won't need one - they'll be the only places in the vicinity making any noise. The key is to remember the locations so that you can still find them when the public turn up, everything else opens, and so they're a lot more difficult to identify.

13 minutes ago, incident said:

Never seen a map, but if you're walking around on the Sunday / Monday / Tuesday evening, then you won't need one - they'll be the only places in the vicinity making any noise. The key is to remember the locations so that you can still find them when the public turn up, everything else opens, and so they're a lot more difficult to identify.

I got told the beer is cheaper in the crew bars and they have a wider selection of beer /spirits is this true ?  

On 6/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, PetePie said:

I got told the beer is cheaper in the crew bars and they have a wider selection of beer /spirits is this true ?  

Wally's had a surprisingly good selection of ciders and perries when I went in 2013, but 2014 was a bit more standard.

I'm going to be playing a few sets at Glasto this year at the Bimble Inn, Avalon Cafe and the Green Room - which is the backstage bar for Theatre & Circus. I assume we'll need a backstage pass/wristband to play the Green Room, just wondering if this would allow us access to other backstage bars? We won't be able to get our passes until Wednesday when the gates open so no nipping round on Tuesday to pick up local crew bar wristbands. Would we also need to get passes for Avalon and the Bimble Inn? Not bothered if we can't access other bars, just thought it would be nice to see another side to Glasto that we haven't seen before.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm going to be playing a few sets at Glasto this year at the Bimble Inn, Avalon Cafe and the Green Room - which is the backstage bar for Theatre & Circus. I assume we'll need a backstage pass/wristband to play the Green Room, just wondering if this would allow us access to other backstage bars? We won't be able to get our passes until Wednesday when the gates open so no nipping round on Tuesday to pick up local crew bar wristbands. Would we also need to get passes for Avalon and the Bimble Inn? Not bothered if we can't access other bars, just thought it would be nice to see another side to Glasto that we haven't seen before.

You'll probably get a T&C (Theatre and Circus) wristband to play the Green Room, which may not get you into the other crew bars. But, T&C is a great area, the bar is lively and has good beer, plus there is a great catering tent that does cheap fry ups in the mornings :)

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

You'll probably get a T&C (Theatre and Circus) wristband to play the Green Room, which may not get you into the other crew bars. But, T&C is a great area, the bar is lively and has good beer, plus there is a great catering tent that does cheap fry ups in the mornings :)

Nice, we'll be staying in East CV so quite convenient to pop in for some brekkie on the way in to the festival each day!

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

most backstage bars will let in people with backstage wristbands for other areas - but it's not guaranteed. The only way to find out is to try.

Edited by eFestivals