Where are you camping?

Bunbow

On 6/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, crazyfool1 said:

next to jp ... not so far to walk form gate A ..... closer to gate A if we get fed up with the walk :) 

On 6/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, kaytee... said:

Darble, get the coach in and tent up within half hour. Might branch out to Pylon if I can be arsed.

Probably the same!  Depends a bit on the weather too - though tbh if it's hot I won't want to walk far, and if it's muddy, I won't want to walk far!  How long does it take to walk from PGA to Lower Mead? Half an hour?

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Probably the same!  Depends a bit on the weather too - though tbh if it's hot I won't want to walk far, and if it's muddy, I won't want to walk far!  How long does it take to walk from PGA to Lower Mead? Half an hour?

maybe ... fully laden with a few stops ... but I would say 15 mins normally 20 tops 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

What’s it like in South Park and Baileys for food/drink? 

Anything decent up there? 

We’ll likely get brekkie in The Park, so maybe just somewhere to get a cuppa is necessary. 

sod all in Baileys which is its biggest drawback, (although there is sometimes a coffee stall thing at the top of the field). ....so yeah, bimble along to Park is option one or there is usually a sit-in breakfast place at the bottom of the hill in Paines Ground I think (next to the lock up)

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe ... fully laden with a few stops ... but I would say 15 mins normally 20 tops 

Well I think I'll be heading for Lower Mead then.  I camped in Woodsies before JP moved but I couldn't remember how long it took from the gate as we were parked in the furthest pink car park and we'd been walking for about a day when we got to PGA!

You really are proving to be a treasure of information for me in the last few days and if you go to the meet and I make it, I will buy you a pint.  I think I will spot you.  

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Well I think I'll be heading for Lower Mead then.  I camped in Woodsies before JP moved but I couldn't remember how long it took from the gate as we were parked in the furthest pink car park and we'd been walking for about a day when we got to PGA!

You really are proving to be a treasure of information for me in the last few days and if you go to the meet and I make it, I will buy you a pint.  I think I will spot you.  

i reckon you should spot me :) and I will be there ..... I know that walk well from the outer reaches of the pink car parks ... we seem to do it most years :) and you might see me wandering the campsite attempting my worthy warrior duties :) ... 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i reckon you should spot me :) and I will be there ..... I know that walk well from the outer reaches of the pink car parks ... we seem to do it most years :) and you might see me wandering the campsite attempting my worthy warrior duties :) ... 

I am somewhat less noticeable!  But I do tend to wear my tarp hat with beer bottle caps around the brim throughout my festivals.  If you spot a middle aged woman in one, it might be worth asking where your pint is!

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

What’s it like in South Park and Baileys for food/drink? 

Anything decent up there? 

We’ll likely get brekkie in The Park, so maybe just somewhere to get a cuppa is necessary. 

There was something in Carmageddon that I think did breakfast food; can't remember if it did hot drinks tho. It was the first year there in 2017 so they might have more available this time. If that's not to your liking it's not much of a stroll into Paines ground where you'll find brekkie bars or vans on both the paths that take you into Arcadia field.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, cb4747 said:

What’s it like hill-wise?

it's ok , no Hills really it is just a walk, but I am like you the walk at the end of the night does me good. I pack a bag when i leave and don;t come back till the end of the night

21 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it's ok , no Hills really it is just a walk, but I am like you the walk at the end of the night does me good. I pack a bag when i leave and don;t come back till the end of the night

we both don't mind a walk, think we may have found our campsite! Just trying to find more photo/video clips. Do you know how quickly it fills up? We're leaving Kent on wednesday morning and I'm expecting to hit the festival traffic around 11/12!

3 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

we both don't mind a walk, think we may have found our campsite! Just trying to find more photo/video clips. Do you know how quickly it fills up? We're leaving Kent on wednesday morning and I'm expecting to hit the festival traffic around 11/12!

You should be all good.  South Park fills up a lot slower so there's usually spaces come Thursday, let alone Wednesday afternoon.

It may be a bit of trek each day and night, but the views are quite lovely!

On 6/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, clarkete said:

I read posts from young 'uns in here talking about waking in the morning in their tent and going for their morning wee.

I need to be in the CV fields as I'm old and need multiple wee stops during the night :) 

Last time I camped in a main bit at a festival was IOW 2011 and I promised myself that I would never do it again after being next door to a group of very excited young'uns that never slept ?

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

One of the reasons we go there is that we do rock up on Wednesday afternoon and there is still space

Honestly don't get the amount of people that would willingly sleep underneath a Pylon but each to their own. I think i'd have anxiety about it and the constant buzzing would do my tits in :lol:

Edited by Doug85

7 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Honestly don't get the amount if people that would willingly sleep underneath a Pylon but each to their own. I think i'd have anxiety about it and the constant buzzing would do my tits in :lol:

got a lift with someone in 2011 and they parked under one in the crew car park and just a couple of hours in the car under it was bad enough 

We usually camp in Paines Ground and have worked our way up the hill the past few visits. Didn't like being right at the top near the path that separates the field from South Park 2. So going to aim to be back down the bottom near the Welsh Lockups or if in early enough head across into the top of Park Home Ground

Only get there Thursday afternoon, so really go wherever there is a space (especially considering the loss of camping space this year in Pennards due to Glasto-on-sea)

So we will arrive at Gate A, and head down the hill to try and find space in Pylon, then Rivermead, then onto Bushy if required. Have always managed to find space in Pylon or Rivermead since 2010 even though we never get there until Thursday afternoon. Always nice and quiet, and handy for JP/Silver Hayes areas

My mates are getting there early on Wednesday and camping on Pennard Hill. I am getting there Wednesday afternoon by coach, hoping I will still manage to squeeze my tent in near them. Dreading the walk from PGA to PH with all my stuff though!

Used to camp in Kidney Mead, but Mrs Elk has said that she's not coming anymore if we camp, and I've convinced her to do this year, and ticket gods willing next, which will be her 10th (I'm still allowed to go) if we share a campervan with friends.  So campervan East for us, and our two youngest will be in Kidney Mead with a few other of our friends.  Like it there due to being near to Williams Green and also the compost loos!