Where are you camping?

Bunbow

5 hours ago, jow95 said:

Will i be alright getting in park home or pennard as long as im in that overnight queue by like midnight? can't work out whether these places are as busy as people say or if im there that early will be no problem 

I arrive at the PGA queue for about 4:30am, timed to get there just before the coaches start arriving. I’m usually on site before 9am latest, and hike it to Pennards. At that point you’ve pretty much got the pick of the field and it remains relatively open (obviously less and less so) until about lunchtime. So you’ll be fine.

That said, I’ve got my eye on Big Ground this year just to switch things up. 

Arriving by coach mid afternoon on Weds - will probably walk as far as Pylon or Rivermead (if it’s dry) and drop camp there. Done a couple of years there now & it’s a good spot which doesn’t get too busy and is fairly quick into the action tucked behind Silver Hayes - even though I spend very little time there! 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I arrive at the PGA queue for about 4:30am, timed to get there just before the coaches start arriving. I’m usually on site before 9am latest, and hike it to Pennards. At that point you’ve pretty much got the pick of the field and it remains relatively open (obviously less and less so) until about lunchtime. So you’ll be fine.

That said, I’ve got my eye on Big Ground this year just to switch things up. 

See you on Big Ground!

5 hours ago, jow95 said:

Cheers for you help, we did it in 2016 but after the hours sat in traffic jams a mile out of the site and then being sat in pouring rain all evening we all said never again. This year we planned for 5/6am arrival and have just kept taking ourselves into earlier and earlier and now we’re going for it again haha. Hopefully get set in pennard or park home

No worries. The way I see it it's 5/6 am and spend 5/6 hours queueing and most of that time shuffling never quite being able to put your bags down, or midnight with 7/8 stationary then 1/2 hours shuffling. Weather plays a part as does tiredness on Wednesday into Thursday... 

No idea where we're planning yet. Camped in Michael's Mead in 2017 which was ideal since most of what we wanted to see was on the JP and the Pyramid, but there's more balanced amount of bands on each stage this year. Maybe gonna switch things up and go somewhere a bit closer to the Park this year.

Alo all,

We have a group of 12 going glasto this year, 6 tents or so (ticket god's were kind). Been in groups this big in the past but this was a few years ago, haven't been since 2014 and don't know if it's more of a struggle now with peeps arriving Tuesday night.

We have camped in pylon field but had got a coach to gate A. And the other years we drove we camped right near gate D so miles away. 

Planning on arriving about 8am Wednesday by car and entering at A or D, anyone reckon we would get as far in as oxylers? Or get to the pylon and just get a spot down?

Obvious can be a bit luck of the draw but any experience let me know.

Cheers!

Few of you know my friend managed to get me some last minute tickets, what I didn’t realise is that they are hospitality tickets, so plans to go to Paines as usual have been scrapped.

We’ll be in East Campsite right next to Sonic stage.

Has anybody ever camped here?!

2126E1A2-CBE8-44EE-B484-7B00AE7461FF.jpeg

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Few of you know my friend managed to get me some last minute tickets, what I didn’t realise is that they are hospitality tickets, so plans to go to Paines as usual have been scrapped.

Terribly envious. What an interestingly fun spot to camp! What do you get to bring in? Campervan? Tent only? When can you get in? 

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Haven't camped in it but have worked for various bands who have played over the years and therefore been around the hospitality campsites from time to time. From what I recall they're just smaller, less interesting and cordoned off with fencing but may have changed a bit as I've not done any of that stuff in a while. What matters, however, is that you've got a ticket and you have access to some decent under roof bars in the event of a rainfest. 

8 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Terribly envious. What an interestingly fun spot to camp! What do you get to bring in? Campervan? Tent only? When can you get in? 

We have to head for red gate, not entirely sure where we’ll be able to park to be honest. 

Other than that it’s the same as we’d usually pack, we aired our trusty tent out on Sunday. 

Will be a little strange not camping where we usually do, but exciting none-the-less. 

Might actually go to The John Peel a little more seeing as it’s so close!

On 6/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, yosoyyoberdi said:

How full is it by Thursday midday? I was thinking of camping there but might be full by that time. 

There will probably still be space. Not sure if there will be down by the hedge between Hitchin and Spring Ground but elsewhere in the field there probably will be.

48 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Haven't camped in it but have worked for various bands who have played over the years and therefore been around the hospitality campsites from time to time. From what I recall they're just smaller, less interesting and cordoned off with fencing but may have changed a bit as I've not done any of that stuff in a while. What matters, however, is that you've got a ticket and you have access to some decent under roof bars in the event of a rainfest. 

I camped in hospitality in 2014. Lots of ‘I know so and so, or my dads the manager of blah blah’. Small campsite, nice facilities though. Very posh toilets and decent showers. Security in the early hours diminishes and I managed to get friends in to shower. 

24 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I camped in hospitality in 2014. Lots of ‘I know so and so, or my dads the manager of blah blah’. Small campsite, nice facilities though. Very posh toilets and decent showers. Security in the early hours diminishes and I managed to get friends in to shower. 

Yeah hospitality from my experience is just full of dickheads and blaggers, most of which will spend the entire weekend behind the fence basking in their self importance. With one or two exceptions, of course. 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:35 AM, gearbm95 said:

First timer here...am I ignorant to think that there will be room for a 2 person tent in Pennard or Park Home when we arrive via coach at 8pm Wed evening?

Unlikely, these fill up very quickly. Ask the stewards when you arrive and they will let you know where there is space.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:54 AM, TabulaRasa said:

This'll be my first Glastonbury and I'm camping at the Village Green in Oxlyers with the solo polo group.

Looking forward to drunken late-night campfire shenanigans!

I camp with the Solo Polos. They are a great bunch! Always around doing stuff but never any pressure to join in with things if you want to do your own thing.

See you around the campfire :)

Unsure now. Have mostly camped first in Pennards for a few years and then Oxlyers for the last 8 or more. Usually in the queue about 8am but we are thinking of leaving later this year and maybe not arriving until midday. Unsure if we will get into Oxlyers by the time we get through the gates. Might aim for there and work our way back through Park Home, Paines and Dairy until we find a spot.