Where are you camping?

Bunbow

19 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Darble, get the coach in and tent up within half hour. Might branch out to Pylon if I can be arsed.

We're exactly the same - none of us mind the walk, toilets are very bearable (even on the Sunday), it's quiet for those that want a good sleep and we can easily leave for the coach on the Monday. There's also a great route out past John Peel (passing the Cyclist camping) which is never crowded.

We used to have a huge 4-person tent with a porch the same size as the sleeping area that was, looking back on it, an utter nightmare to ferry about to campsites at various festivals. As friend numbers dwindle throughout the festival-going career and you learn to pack lighter, it became a bit ridiculous for this amount of space just for two people. Although I do miss being able to stand up when changing in the morning. It didn't survive the Great Electric Picnic Flood of 2016, however.

We could never have brought that behemoth across to Glastonbury with us, so from the start of our Somerset adventures we've only ever used Worthy View. Kind of spoilt now with the portacabin porcelain toilets and shower facilities, and the WV the two-person scout tent is roomy enough for us (even you can see your veins as weirdly black on a sunny morning if you get a red one). Plus it must have been horrendous craic getting a tent up in that heat last year. WV prices are getting a bit higher year-on-year though. Now we have a smaller tent we might opt for a different camp site in the future. 

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

I’ve always camped at Pennards but this year there’s not as much as usual that will see me at the Park, and with the pier potentially increasing through-traffic in the field, I’m considering moving to Row Mead or Big Ground. I’m slightly concerned about the safety and busyness levels of both though - what are they like? And are they friendly? 

We camped in Big Ground last time for the first time and we’re planning to again. It was pretty busy even at 11am on Wednesday but we managed to squeeze in 4 tents. Good atmosphere and nice being able to see the pyramid from your front door - felt totally safe and our neighbours were all chatty and pleasant. Do it!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hawros said:

I've heard they're heading there again, so you might want to consider moving.

Top Webb's Ash for us - decent toilets in the woods, roll down the hill to the pyramid in the morning, great view across the site. Just have to hope there's room for 4 tents when our bus gets there Weds am.

The toilets in the woods were actually a massive bonus of Michael's Mead last time. Always seemed to be alright when I went. To be fair to the group of lads they were a bit annoying but their stories were so bad they were good most of the time. I don't think it would have been the same without them.

56 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Camper Van East for us.... Don't think I could cope with being in the main bit. I like my sleep and creature comforts.

I read posts from young 'uns in here talking about waking in the morning in their tent and going for their morning wee.

I need to be in the CV fields as I'm old and need multiple wee stops during the night :) 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ell99 said:

Could someone please confirm for me where the WBC (workers Beer Company) campsite will be? Am I correct in thinking it will be in the Orange Staff Camping next to Pedestrian Gate D? thanks so much! 

21 hours ago, tarw said:

4 hours ago, Ell99 said:

Thank you! Any info would be much appreciated @glasto-worker

sorry 'they let me out for the night so was over in South London' with no access to a PC until now.

{1} Because I am the Organiser for the BWTUC Team { BWTUC owns the WBC } I am not sent the normal WBC e-mails so if there has been any changes I will not know until Monday 10/6 at the next BWTUC planning meeting.

{2} who told you it was going to be in Orange Staff Camping ?

The WBC from time to time moves crew Camp - its about 8 moves since I first started but at the recent WBC Organiser briefing run by the deputy Chairman of the WBC I would have expected that he would have mentioned if they were moving as after all he is in charge of WBC Production but he gave no indication of any move.

I will find out on Monday but as I can see the crew marquee going up - it looks very like ours - will not know for sure until the cherry picker arrives { that is where they mount the wi-fi and radio transmitter } which should happen very soon.

Image2.thumb.jpg.86cd473f547b0208584f1ad67266f74a.jpg

648_o.thumb.jpg.0c31eeaa7b8f3093d843b16297f94769.jpg

@glasto-worker That's brilliant thanks for all the info! I worked for WBC in 2016 but couldn't remember the exact location, just knew it was around gate D so guessed it was the Orange camp site. This year we have friends who are working and friends who are not but we want to try and camp as close together as possible (hence the question), so looks like we will be aiming for Bushy or Dairy. thanks again!

3 hours ago, Ell99 said:

@glasto-worker That's brilliant thanks for all the info! I worked for WBC in 2016 but couldn't remember the exact location, just knew it was around gate D so guessed it was the Orange camp site. This year we have friends who are working and friends who are not but we want to try and camp as close together as possible (hence the question), so looks like we will be aiming for Bushy or Dairy. thanks again!

The reason why they are there { first used in 2010 } is the access road from outside { via what was VG4 } and along part of the Old railway track so they can use the track into the Interstage area - stock control moves stock to that area for spreading out to the various bars so if they used Orange staff camping - that would cause a problem as it would cross the path of Punters between what is Bushy Ground and what is now called Dairy Ground { which used to be called Paines Ground } hence why it would be a strange move to make - The WBC used to be outside the wall - for the years between 2002 and 2008 although they had a hidden way though the wall but that path used to extend to what used to be called the backstage compound { now renamed the Interstage area } but then GFL wanted to expand out hence why in 2009 the WBC used Bushy Ground 'which was not a public area that year'

Next to arrive will be a whole team of Bunkabins and lots of portacabin's that will serve as the offices.

22 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Darble for me as usual. Always a good spot, close to the car parks and far enough if i need to get a decent (ish) nights kip!

Although looking at my clash finder, I'm spending a lot of my time in the Park / Other / West Holts area so maybe thinking South Park / Baileys area? Anyone know what space is like for someone arriving around midday on the wednesday? 

On 6/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, discgoesmic said:

We're exactly the same - none of us mind the walk, toilets are very bearable (even on the Sunday), it's quiet for those that want a good sleep and we can easily leave for the coach on the Monday. There's also a great route out past John Peel (passing the Cyclist camping) which is never crowded.

Where’s this route?

I always end up going through silver Hayes which is a pain in the arse.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Wakey321 said:

Although looking at my clash finder, I'm spending a lot of my time in the Park / Other / West Holts area so maybe thinking South Park / Baileys area? Anyone know what space is like for someone arriving around midday on the wednesday? 

Baileys is usually pretty clear until later on Wednesday and even into Thursday (and there’s back house which they don’t open up till late Thursday (even possibly early Friday) as an overspill ...hence why we always go there

if you decide to head to baileys...we are usually on the right hand side :)