Where are you camping?

Bunbow

Completely new experience for me this year, after 8 years on Big Ground and the last 4 in CV East, due to failure to obtain a regular ticket I’m a guest of one of my friends in the Medical Team, so in their field just outside Gate B, top end of Muddy Lane.

Destined to have my very first shower in 14 Glastonbury’s amongst other luxuries. Trouble is it makes you soft...

Edited by Avalon_Fields

10 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Completely new experience for me this year, after 8 years on Big Ground and the last 4 in CV East, due to failure to obtain a regular ticket I’m a guest of one of my friends in the Medical Team, so in their field just outside Gate B, top end of Muddy Lane.

Destined to have my very first shower in 14 Glastonbury’s amongst other luxuries. Trouble is it makes you soft...

Being able to use the showers everyday at Greenman last year was a god send, so much so I’ll try and get at least one in at Glasto. Thinking early afternoon on the Friday and then wait for Boy Azooga on Greenpace stage

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

Darble, get the coach in and tent up within half hour. Might branch out to Pylon if I can be arsed.

This! We always camp opposite the lock up just inside PGA, will be doing the same again this year .

45 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Ahhh. Just up from us in Row Mead. Was at Medical with one of our group in 2017. 

What an eye opener that was. Medical is frickin’ amazing, mind! It deserves its own TV documentary. 

And, yes, A_F: a shower will make you soft. And probably smell...wonderful. 

Camped all over the site but the last few years I have camped in Darble. Good walk back early morning clears the head. Lock ups are right next to the tent where I leave most of my alcohol/money. Cider always a lot cooler when picked up from lock ups rather than the heated up tent stash

51 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Medical is frickin’ amazing, mind! It deserves its own TV documentary.

Brilliant.

I wouldn't mind betting that someone who has read that is pitching it to the BBC's Glasto department right now :D .

After Paines for a few years have moved onto a caravan after realising glamping cost the same and can use it to get away with the pooches as well. 

Really looking forward to a decent bed and a very quick shower and a loo for the middle of the night beer widdles. Bit more expensive than a Lenor bottle but worth it :D 

Talking of pitching and to stay on thread:

I always try to head for Row Mead (for numerous reasons). I saw it shrink for Rolliing Stones and never grow back. I can see the day when it goes the same way as Dragons or the bottom of Pennards.

Volunteering this year so am in a certain field. It gets quite cramped and therefore is marshalled in a "we're filling this hill from the the top", type of way. A bit heavy handed for my liking but I do get the reasoning.

Edited by MrZigster
Clumsy typing

We usually camp in Paines, but won’t be arriving until Thursday afternoon this year so it’ll all be full up by then. 

Thinking of Baileys or South Park instead. Presuming there’ll be room there still? 

Anybody have any idea? 

I’ve always camped at Pennards but this year there’s not as much as usual that will see me at the Park, and with the pier potentially increasing through-traffic in the field, I’m considering moving to Row Mead or Big Ground. I’m slightly concerned about the safety and busyness levels of both though - what are they like? And are they friendly? 

26 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We usually camp in Paines, but won’t be arriving until Thursday afternoon this year so it’ll all be full up by then. 

Thinking of Baileys or South Park instead. Presuming there’ll be room there still? 

Anybody have any idea? 

Theres usually still some small spaces for small tents in Paines, even on the Thursday. 

The boyfriend and I were talking about this last night. We were in Michael’s Mead last time because we camped where our friends had set up. It was okay apart from the group of quite posh boys behind us who seemed to never leave their camp and told the same stories over and over. Not sure whether to try somewhere new but we have no idea where we’d head to! 

15 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Talking of pitching and to stay on thread:

I always try to head for Row Mead (for numerous reasons). I saw it shrink for Rolliing Stones and never grow back. I can see the day when it goes the same way as Dragons or the bottom of Pennards.

Volunteering this year so am in a certain field. It gets quite cramped and therefore is marshalled in a "we're filling this hill from the the top", type of way. A bit heavy handed for my liking but I do get the reasoning.

First few Glastonburys we camped in Home Ground, behind the hedge row at the back of Row Mead. It was ace, no-one walking through, nice and quiet. From 00-07 it got eaten away at and we ended up further down to the hedge that borders Row Mead... I think 2009 was the first year it was completely gone...

Opt now for the back of Row Mead if at all possible, or if not, the top of Big Ground.

That said, relying on others taking my tent this year for the first time, so god knows where I'll end up. In that vicinity I hope!

9 hours ago, AmazingAbby said:

The boyfriend and I were talking about this last night. We were in Michael’s Mead last time because we camped where our friends had set up. It was okay apart from the group of quite posh boys behind us who seemed to never leave their camp and told the same stories over and over. Not sure whether to try somewhere new but we have no idea where we’d head to! 

I've heard they're heading there again, so you might want to consider moving.

Top Webb's Ash for us - decent toilets in the woods, roll down the hill to the pyramid in the morning, great view across the site. Just have to hope there's room for 4 tents when our bus gets there Weds am.