Where are you camping?

Bunbow

Oxlyers again for us. We found it almost accidentally in 2014 and have gone there ever since. I know it doesn’t have the best reputation but never had any trouble there whatsoever.

Location is great (right by Other Stage) and my drunken mind knows the way back there. Worry I would still end up going back there drunk if we moved somewhere else.

Might try somewhere else for a change as we've been camped close to John peel last 3 or 4 times. Having said that we will probably end up pitching the tent ASAP after coming in from the bus station cos we can't be arsed walking and the spaces are likely going to be limited arriving Thursday afternoon. 

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

Might try somewhere else for a change as we've been camped close to John peel last 3 or 4 times. Having said that we will probably end up pitching the tent ASAP after coming in from the bus station cos we can't be arsed walking and the spaces are likely going to be limited arriving Thursday afternoon. 

ha ha ... see my post above mind reader :) 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worthy View so that I’m away from most of you lot.

Distance is a two way thing Hugh!

5 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Darble, get the coach in and tent up within half hour. Might branch out to Pylon if I can be arsed.

Haha! I love that getting to Pylon from Darble is ‘being arsed’! Brilliant! I actually lolled at that Ms Scarlet! 

As usual Paines. Pretty close to Arcadia. It's a good spot for us. Camped around there for 5 festivals.

Once camped in Dairy. Was fine, just a little out of the way.

Once camped in Woodsies which is now hospitality camping (since the John Peel Moved).

I wouldnt mind camping somewhere slightly different or maybe moving a little closer to Arcadia. I.e. looking left from the path rather than right when we pitch up, but in all honesty, I am not arsed. Everywhere is fine. Its better having a shit pitch in an area you dont want, than watching it on TV

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ha ha ... see my post above mind reader :) 

Being close to gate a is a big bonus for me doing my morning run into get a big bag of drink. 

6 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Darble, get the coach in a tent up within half hour. Might branch out to Pylon if I can be arsed.

We have done woodies, river mead and right smack bang in front of the John Peel tent last 3 years. One negative is the massive walk back from SE corner but it can be a good stroll to clear the head a bit late on too. 

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

As usual Paines. Pretty close to Arcadia. It's a good spot for us. Camped around there for 5 festivals.

Once camped in Dairy. Was fine, just a little out of the way.

Once camped in Woodsies which is now hospitality camping (since the John Peel Moved).

I wouldnt mind camping somewhere slightly different or maybe moving a little closer to Arcadia. I.e. looking left from the path rather than right when we pitch up, but in all honesty, I am not arsed. Everywhere is fine. Its better having a shit pitch in an area you dont want, than watching it on TV

There’s a wonderful ‘nor arsed’ theme developing. 

For us: Row Mead. 

Tuesday night queue. Get in. Full of beer and no sleep. Camp at the back of the Pymild Field. Can’t be arsed to go anywhere else. Spend very little time at the Pymild. 

I’ve been in Baileys the last 3....yes it’s a fair bit out of the way... but it’s not too far in from PGD and quite close to Park too so we are happy and as with quite a few...drunk me knows how to get there somehow :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Distance is a two way thing Hugh!

Haha! I love that getting to Pylon from Darble is ‘being arsed’! Brilliant! I actually lolled at that Ms 

I can walk for miles no problem but if like me you pack everything but the kitchen sink, I'd camp in the village if it meant less distance to walk with all that on my back

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Being close to gate a is a big bonus for me doing my morning run into get a big bag of drink. 

We have done woodies, river mead and right smack bang in front of the John Peel tent last 3 years. One negative is the massive walk back from SE corner but it can be a good stroll to clear the head a bit late on too. 

The walk back at night that way is one of the best bits, only problem is stopping myself finding another place to drink on the way back. Try walking back through silver hayes when the silent disco is still going off at 5am ?

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

The walk back at night that way is one of the best bits, only problem is stopping myself finding another place to drink on the way back. Try walking back through silver hayes when the silent disco is still going off at 5am ?

Fortunately silver Hayes is my least favourite part of the festival. It has an uncanny ability to make me more determined to get to my tent lol

9 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Paines Ground MASSIVE. 

It is and fills up by late Wednesday afternoon, especially since there has been squeezes at Park home, Arcadia and now Pennards

Our usual spot is Paines ground near the tree line/path that goes to Baileys done this for 5 festivals but 1st time we came to Glastonbury we did Oxlyers which I found ok even if a bit crowded

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

Fortunately silver Hayes is my least favourite part of the festival. It has an uncanny ability to make me more determined to get to my tent lol

And its only worse when its muddy, that place must be the one of the worst on site. I do like a visit to the silent disco every year though, even if they do play the same songs every festival

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Oxlyers again for us. We found it almost accidentally in 2014 and have gone there ever since. I know it doesn’t have the best reputation but never had any trouble there whatsoever.

Location is great (right by Other Stage) and my drunken mind knows the way back there. Worry I would still end up going back there drunk if we moved somewhere else.

Spot on, exactly the same. Don't know why people talk it up as though you're taking a risk camping there. Great spot.