Clashfinder Stats

Mattymooz

17 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The Glastonbury crowd is very white and, for a festival, pretty old. I just don’t think much of his crowd goes.

Although I agree to an extent, his set in 2017 was rammed. The only thing I can think of is that he hasn't released a new album out yet and that set will be very similar barring Vossi Bop so interest will be down in seeing a carbon copy of a previous set. 

Yeah skin colour doesn’t relate here.

Main thing I can see is that his set will be virtually the same as 2017, plus 1-2 new ones.

If you saw him then, there’s not much reason to see him do the exact same set. 

1 hour ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Green = all that I'm interested in on an outdoor stage

Blue = all that I'm interested in on an indoor stage

Half-red = my planned route through the festival

That's crazy talk, you use different colours for whether a stage is indoor or outdoor?  I presumes every sane person used this  encoding:

Green = I will see them.

Blue = I might see them.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Loads of white people love Stormzy, not sure I buy this identity thing. Wasn't his Other stage set really busy in 2017 anyway? I think it's just that he's small (with few well-known songs) for a Glastonbury headliner, combined maybe with losing a bit of traction through inactivity over the last 2 years.

33 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Although I agree to an extent, his set in 2017 was rammed. The only thing I can think of is that he hasn't released a new album out yet and that set will be very similar barring Vossi Bop so interest will be down in seeing a carbon copy of a previous set. 

It was well attended sure, but it wasn't Blondie or Rag'n'Bone man busy.

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was well attended sure, but it wasn't Blondie or Rag'n'Bone man busy.

If Rag'n'Bone man ever achieves any sort of immortality as a unit of unreliable measurement like, say, a double decker bus or a football pitch I'll shoot myself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's crazy talk, you use different colours for whether a stage is indoor or outdoor?  I presumes every sane person used this  encoding:

Green = I will see them.

Blue = I might see them.

? I think it started when I wasn't as au fait with indoor/outdoor stages years back. The idea being if it started chucking it down then I can see at a glance what I'm interested in both on outdoor and indoor stages so could make the call whether to scarper to one set or another.

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Yes I can't believe he hasn't released his second album. Nobody wants to hear a load of here's my new song that you've never heard yet at a headline gig. It should have been out at least a month ago to give people time to get to know it. 

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I presumes every sane person used this  encoding:

Green = I will see them.

Blue = I might see them.

Opposite for me. Green is default so 1st run through is all greens, blue is when I've pondered and decided someone is a must see.

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It had never occurred to me anyone would highlight things they didn't intend to see in the clashfinder.

Some of you folks are just bloody weird :P 

I highlight a bunch and then delete them after some whittling. Like mf why do you need to remember who you don’t wanna see????

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Main thing I can see is that his set will be virtually the same as 2017, plus 1-2 new ones.

I saw him in 2017 and really enjoyed his set but feel no inclination to see him again this year as there isn't much new that I'm aware of. It just feels a bit too soon I guess. I'm sure he'll still pull in a decent crowd though.

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

It’s funny the amount of people saying that the Stormzy set *HEADLINING THE PYRAMID STAGE* will be mostly the same as his last appearance but nail their colours to the Tame Impala mast without a hint of irony. :P

I’m not trying to shame anyone for not seeing him like so many others want to. I’d be seeing Tame Impala the same as everyone else, but cos I plainly much prefer them.

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Me, I quite like chianti.

But, for me some bands are utter crap, so if pissed and lazy I can see a "run from field" and be motivated to go explore elsewhere.

But doesn't that defeat part of the point of the itinerary?

I guess you do it how you prefer, I'm very much like @dentalplan where I either whittle or just leave a selection across a bunch of stages, as you're never too sure when it could end up that due to climate or tiredness (howsoever induced) you may want to either move more or not move between stages so much.

Plus it's good to have some fall backs for when people just aren't playing what you hoped they would (eg me hoping for a Weller festival crowd pleaser but him enjoying playing his latest album), or you wanted to check them out but it wasn't your bag (eg Kanye, Springsteen, doubtless plenty of others that delighted countless others here) 

Green for acts I am so passionate about I would abandon all friends to see them.  (There are none in this category this year)

Blue for acts I am almost certainly going to see

Purple for acts I'll see if friends are keen or if it's nearby

I have sometimes used Red to highlight acts others have mentioned that I need to investigate, but I don't always do this.

I don't see the point of highlighting stuff I don't want to see.

52 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Neither is a particularly exciting booking. Friday night is a bust all round.

Was the excitement around his announcement in November inextricably linked to a new full-length album? I felt like there was more of a cultural importance to his booking, rather than new tunes. Do you think he might have just been announced way too early and they wasted all the buzz?