Clashfinder Stats

Mattymooz

Does it take into account people like me who have higlighted everything they'd be willing to see before passing to my husband to see what things he is interested in? At the moment this means that currently half my line up is green even though there is no way on earth I can see loads of them as they clash. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Quite. As a dad, I thought they were a bit meh in 2007 when I wasn't a dad and I still do.

I remember being quite near the front of the stage to the left and early on thinking ‘umm, nah’ and wandered off to...

...was that Radio 1 DJ booth (up high?) thing still there then? Opposite the big boxy Orange recharge tent? If so, I ended up there. 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I remember being quite near the front of the stage to the left and early on thinking ‘umm, nah’ and wandered off to...

...was that Radio 1 DJ booth (up high?) thing still there then? Opposite the big boxy Orange recharge tent? If so, I ended up there. 

I just left my girlfriend at The Killers before they started and fucked off to The Park to see The Killers and gloated later.

Hang on a second, that anecdote doesn't portray me in a very good light...

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just left my girlfriend at The Killers before they started and fucked off to The Park to see The Killers and gloated later.

Hang on a second, that anecdote doesn't portray me in a very good light...

Bloody hell, Stu!

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

premium member of clashfinder

can you break it down by colour? I use the clashfinder as a bit of a grading system/tool

Green - loads of must sees (Friday's a nightmare.. do I stay in a metal mood with gojira after watching venom prism or mellow into tame impala / four tet experience?

Blue - stuff i'd be cajoled into seeing to stay with my buds

Purple - things I've yet to listen to / consider colouring

Red - musical bilge (In my own opinion - which is of no consequence to anyone else anyway)

if at least one extra person thinks the way I do then the stats are all skynews. 

fleaz 

7 hours ago, Lees23 said:

can you break it down by colour? I use the clashfinder as a bit of a grading system/tool

Green - loads of must sees (Friday's a nightmare.. do I stay in a metal mood with gojira after watching venom prism or mellow into tame impala / four tet experience?

Red - musical bilge (In my own opinion - which is of no consequence to anyone else anyway)

if at least one extra person thinks the way I do then the stats are all skynews. 

fleaz 

Yep - I use it like this. "Run to field", "Stay in field", "Run from field" is my ranking

8 hours ago, Lees23 said:

fleaz 

You animal!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lees23 said:

fleaz 

Yep this is pretty much exactly my system, except I don't bother with red.

15 hours ago, LostHorizon said:

Am I the only one worried that the Chemical Brothers is going to be absolutely mobbed?

No!    I'm hoping that being at Jungle in West Holts beforehand means I'm near enough to be able to get a decent spot for the Chems.    Might be working my way to the back toward the end of the Jungle set.

The Stormzy thing is interesting. Granted I don't listen to the radio much, and when I do it's 6 Music, but I thought the hype for him would be MUCH more at this stage. I like Stormzy and I'd go and see him if he didn't clash with Tame Impala. I get the feeling a lot of people are in a similar boat. 

There's a lot of strong competition on against him (even Frank Turner on Avalon). I'm sure he'll get a decent crowd at worst (and put on a cracking show) but I reckon it will be the most evenly spread the crowd has been across the various stages for quite some time.

34 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Stormzy thing is interesting. Granted I don't listen to the radio much, and when I do it's 6 Music, but I thought the hype for him would be MUCH more at this stage. I like Stormzy and I'd go and see him if he didn't clash with Tame Impala. I get the feeling a lot of people are in a similar boat. 

There's a lot of strong competition on against him (even Frank Turner on Avalon). I'm sure he'll get a decent crowd at worst (and put on a cracking show) but I reckon it will be the most evenly spread the crowd has been across the various stages for quite some time.

The Glastonbury crowd is very white and, for a festival, pretty old. I just don’t think much of his crowd goes.

6 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The Glastonbury crowd is very white and, for a festival, pretty old. I just don’t think much of his crowd goes.

Loads of white people love Stormzy, not sure I buy this identity thing. Wasn't his Other stage set really busy in 2017 anyway? I think it's just that he's small (with few well-known songs) for a Glastonbury headliner, combined maybe with losing a bit of traction through inactivity over the last 2 years.